This team has that 83 Raiders 06 Colts kind of feel

sdog1981

Reaction score
All three teams were 12-4 with established head coaches and had "underperformed" the seasons before.

Both teams added D-linemen seeking one more chance at a title, just like the 20 Hawks.

Both teams had big defensive contributions from young relatively unknown players. Antonie Bethea was a 6th round pick, Greg Townsend had 10 sacks as a 4th round pick. Alton Robinson 5th rounder.

Both teams faced their new and old rivals in the playoffs, the Hawks are looking at a Rams and Packers road to the bowl.

Long story short sometimes it is the team that just catches fire around week 13 that is the team that wins the whole damn bowl.

sutz

Reaction score
People like to complain (well, some of them) but we are on a 4 game win streak going in to the playoffs. :irishdrinkers:

rjdriver

Reaction score
sdog1981":2k15ar7q said:
All three teams were 12-4 with established head coaches and had "underperformed" the seasons before.

Both teams added D-linemen seeking one more chance at a title, just like the 20 Hawks.

Both teams had big defensive contributions from young relatively unknown players. Antonie Bethea was a 6th round pick, Greg Townsend had 10 sacks as a 4th round pick. Alton Robinson 5th rounder.

Both teams faced their new and old rivals in the playoffs, the Hawks are looking at a Rams and Packers road to the bowl.

Long story short sometimes it is the team that just catches fire around week 13 that is the team that wins the whole damn bowl.

Many don't realize that the Seahawks beat that Raiders team twice in the regular season!!

Hard to beat a division foe three times in a row, and I think the Hawks were just emotionally exhausted after the Miami win.

Not that this has anything to do with your post....just thinking out loud and reliving some memories.

OP
OP
sdog1981

sdog1981

Reaction score
rjdriver":t1tb0j3r said:
Many don't realize that the Seahawks beat that Raiders team twice in the regular season!!

Hard to beat a division foe three times in a row, and I think the Hawks were just emotionally exhausted after the Miami win.

Not that this has anything to do with your post....just thinking out loud and reliving some memories.

They beat the Raiders by scoring 38 points on 152 yards of total offense, that must have been crazy.

Chapow

Reaction score
sdog1981":1kmvrntd said:

Love the optimism, but man, it's really hard for me to look at how this team has been playing the past few weeks and come to the conclusion that they've been "on fire".

Playing well enough to win? Absolutely. On fire? Eh, not so much.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
The 1983 Seahawks finished 9-7 not 12-4. The 1984 Seahawks finished 12-4 then beat the Raiders in the WC and lost to the Dolphins in Division championship. The Dolphins made it to the SB and got boatraced by the 49ers.

OP
OP
sdog1981

sdog1981

Reaction score
hawkfan68":2vspfndz said:
The 1983 Seahawks finished 9-7 not 12-4. .

At no point was the 1983 Seahawks mentioned in my post. I am talking about this team and how they line up with the 1983 Radiers and 2006 Colts.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
sdog1981":152b7j22 said:
hawkfan68":152b7j22 said:
The 1983 Seahawks finished 9-7 not 12-4. .

At no point was the 1983 Seahawks mentioned in my post. I am talking about this team and how they line up with the 1983 Radiers and 2006 Colts.

Sorry, my bad. I forgot you mentioned 83 Raiders in the thread title. The price I pay for reading too fast.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Nah, even with a month long win streak, people would rather dwell on the Giants game for the next 4 years :irishdrinkers:

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
I cant agree we have caught fire, we seem to be in a situation where the defence steps up or the offense does but neither at the same time. If both could find their grooves we'd be laughing but its just as easy for both to revert to the mean.

I'm not confident of a deep play off run as something with Wilson just seems off to me. All the pieces are there but im not convinced its all going to come together. 12-4 and NFC West champions is still something to be proud of though.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Everyone is 0-0. Nothing that has happened up to this point matters. Only thing that matter is how they play this Saturday. Playoffs are the time to get hot, and they ARE capable. Plenty of teams have caught fire in the playoffs. Did anyone actually think the Titan's would be in the AFC Championship during the season? I doubt it.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
sdog1981":t27dnai3 said:
rjdriver":t27dnai3 said:

They beat the Raiders by scoring 38 points on 152 yards of total offense, that must have been crazy.

The Raiders were turning the ball over immensely and the Hawks were effecient at taking advantage. It was good times.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
The Hawks were dangerous in 1983, they looked like they were going to be in the Super Bowl. Seeing them pound Denver and pull out that win in Miami had us talking about them in High School, that next season couldn't come soon enough.. what could have been.

OP
OP
sdog1981

sdog1981

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":37y8deaf said:
The Hawks were dangerous in 1983, they looked like they were going to be in the Super Bowl. Seeing them pound Denver and pull out that win in Miami had us talking about them in High School, that next season couldn't come soon enough.. what could have been.

1984 Seahawks were a little bit better, 12-4, top 5 scoring offense/ top 5 scoring defense.