hoxrox wrote:All these statements can be true, simultaneously.
1) Russ is a Hall of Fame QB and is the best QB we've ever had.
2) Russ was playing at an Elite Level at the beginning of the season.
3) Russ became a Turn-over machine in the middle of the season.
4) Russ appears to be trending up at the end of the season, however, he is still not playing at an Elite level.
5) Sure, there are many valid or invalid reasons for this.
6) However, we need Russ to be playing at an Elite level for the Hawks to advance to the SB.
That is all.
Not only CAN all of those statements be true simultaneously...they essentially all ARE true...and have been true at different times for essentially his entire career.
He can be abysmal and magical, a turnover machine and a pure champion, he can be elite and he can look like total ass...and he can do all of these things in the SAME GAME. After the 2014 NFCCG against Green Bay, we should all understand this.
Russ is an elite level QB...playing in an offense that doesn't always require it...and when it does require it sometimes has a scheme/gameplan failure that has a tendency to enable Russell to look like a $h!t QB at times. And at times, he's also a $h!t QB in his own right.
But overall, ain't one guy in the NFL I want over this guy in the playoffs. I've felt like this since the 2014 NFCCG.