Luke Willson added to 53 - FIVE Tight Ends????

renofox

Reaction score
Field Gulls report

Maybe those suggesting a sandbagging strategy are right?

Is PC/Schotty going to open up the offense and start actually using the TE's?

Do they have a "playoffs" gameplan they've been practicing?

hoxrox

Reaction score
Ehh would have preferred Snacks, especially if Jarran Reed is out. We lose to the Rams only if we can't shut down their running game.

Another TE doesn't really make sense. I don't think they've been sandbagging, but would love to be wrong.

sutz

Reaction score
Perhaps Olsen is not really ready? He might have come back too soon. Plantar fascia injuries can be tricky.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
We have the spot and Luuuuukkkke ol'd double L. Is what we call a GLUE guy. Love having him on the roster for the push.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
hoxrox":2ndbmuuz said:
Ehh would have preferred Snacks, especially if Jarran Reed is out. We lose to the Rams only if we can't shut down their running game.

Another TE doesn't really make sense. I don't think they've been sandbagging, but would love to be wrong.

Reed was a limited participant in practice today. Both he and Adams were so that's moving in the positive direction for his chances to play on Saturday.

Back to the topic, I can see Willson as a lead blocker (H-back or fullback) for Carson/Penny/Hyde. So in a way it makes sense.

Polk738

Reaction score
Maybe we'll see some of those heavy packages we use to see with Fant?

Chapow

Reaction score
hoxrox":1dayk93k said:

Snacks didn't want to be here. He asked for his release and the Seahawks granted his request.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ludakrishna

Reaction score
Chapow":1cbxm85b said:
hoxrox":1cbxm85b said:

Snacks didn't want to be here. He asked for his release and the Seahawks granted his request.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Let’s not revise history. He made that request AFTER the Seahawks decided they were not going to have him Active for game day. We were already thin at DT and to make that call was stupid at the time, and still stupid today. He was scoring a 80+ as a run stopper on PFF and you have to find a way to get that player on the field. This wasn’t Snacks, this was Pete Carroll’s doing.

Muzz

Reaction score
hawkfan68":3lrqm5iy said:
hoxrox":3lrqm5iy said:

Reed was a limited participant in practice today. Both he and Adams were so that's moving in the positive direction for his chances to play on Saturday.

Back to the topic, I can see Willson as a lead blocker (H-back or fullback) for Carson/Penny/Hyde. So in a way it makes sense.

Isn't Luke like 6'5" 220? its gonna be hard to block as a FB being that lanky.

I was also dumbfounded when snacks wanted a release. all i can think of is him being a malcontent if he doesn't start "I want out" and Pete letting him go. wish he didn't go to the Packers though.

ludakrishna

Reaction score
hawkfan68":20hpxrj0 said:
hoxrox":20hpxrj0 said:

That makes no sense to me at all. Why the hell do we still have Bellore on the team if we’re not going to use him at that position?

hawkfan68

Reaction score
ludakrishna":ych2q5z5 said:
hawkfan68":ych2q5z5 said:
hoxrox":ych2q5z5 said:

That makes no sense to me at all. Why the hell do we still have Bellore on the team if we’re not going to use him at that position?

It makes sense. That's just the way PC operates. Bellore is a ST pro bowler. Thus he on the team. I think that PC believes that Willson is a better blocker than Bellore. He's played Bellore a few times at FB only to stop using him there on a regular basis. Now the playoffs are here and making a move to add Willson to the active roster because they are going up against Aaron Donald and the Rams DL. Why is Parkinson still on the active roster is the real question.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
hoxrox":162495ik said:

Mone and poona better than reed in run stuffing. That's why they let go of snacks.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Willson is still considered fairly speedy for a TE that can fight for yardage and block well. The move might be to protect the position as the playoffs start because management found it more of a priority at this moment. When multi-tight ends are on the field Luke Willson is a solid option in the short passing game.

Chawker

Reaction score
My take on this move is, the Seahawks are going to run more twin TE sets. Be it for running or passing I'm not sure whitch one, it mite be to confuse their LBers and keep them guessing.

Cheers

chris98251

Reaction score
Hedging a bet of Olsen being healthy or not, run game they may use two TE sets a lot more with a receiving TE on both edges and try to make the Rams honor the flat routes and not bull rush.

sutz

Reaction score
Chawker":2baeyci9 said:
My take on this move is, the Seahawks are going to run more twin TE sets. Be it for running or passing I'm not sure whitch one, it mite to confuse their LBers and keep them guessing.

Cheers
I kind of figure they might have in mind what NY did to us if the running game doesn't work early. Go heavy formations with 2/3/4 TE and run "goal line" plays down their throats. And I wouldn't wait til the 3d Qtr to do it, either.