Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Taylor practicing this week

The Original Seattle Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute for Seahawks Talk, News, Rumors, Trades, and Analytics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Taylor practicing this week
Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:46 pm
  • This is interesting... I have two thoughts

1. Has Carroll been saving him for the playoffs? I wouldn't think that to be the case as it seems like if he was able he would have played against the Niners and the Rams... although it is possible that Carroll thinks Taylor can make an immediate impact and was saving him as a surprise...

2... How effective can Taylor really be coming off of injury?

I think it's more likely IF he is even ready to play that they will break him in slow and put him in positions rushing like 3rd and long and hope that he makes a play.. maybe 5-6 plays in the game...kinda like what happen with Penny...

Thoughts?
    LTH
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Re: Taylor practicing this week
Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:03 pm
  • I think this is just a moral victory. It will have no on the field impact this year, even if we played in the super bowl.

With an injury that serious, one that had setbacks, you don't rush a guy back. It's one thing to practice and another to play in the playoffs. Especially if it's a rookie.

If he ever did play this season I would call that the worse case scenario, one where Mayowa, Dunlap, etc. were unavailable.

I am glad to hear he is practicing, and hopefully he puts on a show in the next preseason.
    Teahawks
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:14 pm
  • Teahawks wrote:I think this is just a moral victory. It will have no on the field impact this year, even if we played in the super bowl.

With an injury that serious, one that had setbacks, you don't rush a guy back. It's one thing to practice and another to play in the playoffs. Especially if it's a rookie.

If he ever did play this season I would call that the worse case scenario, one where Mayowa, Dunlap, etc. were unavailable.

I am glad to hear he is practicing, and hopefully he puts on a show in the next preseason.

Agree with this
    TraderGary
    NET Rookie

Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:20 pm
  • Just don't see him being a factor this late in the game. If it's 3rd and long i hope he isn't taking snap from Mayowa, Dunlop, Robinson, Colllier or Green.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:24 pm
  • I see this as not much more than an emergency player.
    sutz
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:00 am
  • If Taylor takes the field this week I think it would be like the Moore late catch type thing to get him a game check.
    Appyhawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Location: Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montana.

Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:59 pm
  • I don't think he is going to play at all as it would be smart to really let him heal for another off season and use him next year... that is the smart thing to do...why take a chance unless Carroll thinks he can make an impact immediately and Carroll has been sandbagging,,, Not likely...but Carroll DID BRING IT UP OUT OF THE BLUE that he was practicing and that's kind of out of Carroll's character... so I'm nor sure what to make of that unless he was messing with Joe Fann...

LTH

LTH
    LTH
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

It is currently Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:54 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information