Taylor practicing this week

LTH

Reaction score
This is interesting... I have two thoughts

1. Has Carroll been saving him for the playoffs? I wouldn't think that to be the case as it seems like if he was able he would have played against the Niners and the Rams... although it is possible that Carroll thinks Taylor can make an immediate impact and was saving him as a surprise...

2... How effective can Taylor really be coming off of injury?

I think it's more likely IF he is even ready to play that they will break him in slow and put him in positions rushing like 3rd and long and hope that he makes a play.. maybe 5-6 plays in the game...kinda like what happen with Penny...

Thoughts?

Teahawks

Reaction score
I think this is just a moral victory. It will have no on the field impact this year, even if we played in the super bowl.

With an injury that serious, one that had setbacks, you don't rush a guy back. It's one thing to practice and another to play in the playoffs. Especially if it's a rookie.

If he ever did play this season I would call that the worse case scenario, one where Mayowa, Dunlap, etc. were unavailable.

I am glad to hear he is practicing, and hopefully he puts on a show in the next preseason.

TraderGary

Reaction score
Teahawks":37m2r69u said:
I think this is just a moral victory. It will have no on the field impact this year, even if we played in the super bowl.

With an injury that serious, one that had setbacks, you don't rush a guy back. It's one thing to practice and another to play in the playoffs. Especially if it's a rookie.

If he ever did play this season I would call that the worse case scenario, one where Mayowa, Dunlap, etc. were unavailable.

I am glad to hear he is practicing, and hopefully he puts on a show in the next preseason.
Agree with this

getnasty

Reaction score
Just don't see him being a factor this late in the game. If it's 3rd and long i hope he isn't taking snap from Mayowa, Dunlop, Robinson, Colllier or Green.

sutz

Reaction score
I see this as not much more than an emergency player.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
I don't think he is going to play at all as it would be smart to really let him heal for another off season and use him next year... that is the smart thing to do...why take a chance unless Carroll thinks he can make an impact immediately and Carroll has been sandbagging,,, Not likely...but Carroll DID BRING IT UP OUT OF THE BLUE that he was practicing and that's kind of out of Carroll's character... so I'm nor sure what to make of that unless he was messing with Joe Fann...

LTH

LTH