Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Happy 10th Beastquakaversary!

The Original Seattle Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute for Seahawks Talk, News, Rumors, Trades, and Analytics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Happy 10th Beastquakaversary!
Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:15 am
  • I was there,
    Hawkstorian
    * NET Staff *

Re: Happy 10th Beastquakaversary!
Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:41 am

Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:45 am

• You are welcome.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:49 am

Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:00 am
  • Based on some negative posts in my Facebook memories, it also appears to be the anniversary of hiring Pete.
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:35 am
  • Rivals "The Tip" for the most epic Seahawks play I've ever witnessed in person. What a night.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:39 am
  • One of my top 3 Seahawks moments ever!

I remember celebrating hours later after the game still hyped because of the Beast Quake run!

What a time to be a 12!

It was legendary!
    TheLegendOfBoom
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:27 am
  • I was also there! Fun story about how I got there.

Buddy calls me Friday afternoon - hey I can buy tix for tomorrows game, you want in?
    Me: Nah, those are expensive and we stink (7-9)
    Buddy: Alright yeah, good call
    Buddy calls back like 4 hours later: Hey that guy just gave me the tix, you wanna go?
    Me: Sure, why not.

Wow what a lucky turn of events that was.
    gowazzu02
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:31 am
  • gowazzu02 wrote:I was also there! Fun story about how I got there.

Buddy calls me Friday afternoon - hey I can buy tix for tomorrows game, you want in?
    Me: Nah, those are expensive and we stink (7-9)
    Buddy: Alright yeah, good call
    Buddy calls back like 4 hours later: Hey that guy just gave me the tix, you wanna go?
    Me: Sure, why not.

Wow what a lucky turn of events that was.

Totally can relate! My wife and I passed on our rights to our ST seats for the playoff game because we had the same notion..."Nah, 7-9, we're gonna get clobbered at home by the defending SB champs." Then my best friend called the week leading up to the game saying he had two tickets and asked if I wanted to go. I said, sure, why not? Worst case, we lose and go hang out in the bars and try to have a fun night anyways.

The rest is history.

One of the most epic post game celebrations downtown I've ever had. What a night. I still thank him for taking me to this day. I would have been unbelievably upset with myself for the rest of my life for passing on going.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:35 am
  • Was there too!

It was an amazing run and the crowd got louder and louder the longer it continued, my wife and I were jumping up and down. We were a small part of this magical situation.

Best part is it happened on our side of the field and he crossed the goal line right in front of us.

Can't believe it was ten years ago!
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:45 am
  • And there were fans in the stands!! :les: :les: :les:
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:49 pm
  • Beastquake was one of the best football plays in nfl history. Maybe THE best. Can't believe it's already been 10 years...
    Appyhawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Location: Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montana.

Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:51 pm
  • My mom was on Hospice, the entirely family there in support watching the game with her in pajamas and under heavy dosage of meds. She made little moves here and there until the BeastQuake when she got out of the chair and jumped up and down as Lynch moved further down the field. It was the best I had seen her in a very long time. All 90 pounds of her. She was just happy that we were all there but that moment made her go.

Hard to forget that.
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:57 pm
  • "The geometry was off" - Lynch says to Peyton Manning

Just a baby stiff arm.

Greatest play ever. Could watch it all day
    Jerhawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:11 pm
  • loafoftatupu wrote:My mom was on Hospice, the entirely family there in support watching the game with her in pajamas and under heavy dosage of meds. She made little moves here and there until the BeastQuake when she got out of the chair and jumped up and down as Lynch moved further down the field. It was the best I had seen her in a very long time. All 90 pounds of her. She was just happy that we were all there but that moment made her go.

Hard to forget that.

Hard to top that.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:14 pm
  • Appyhawk wrote:Beastquake was one of the best football plays in nfl history. Maybe THE best. Can't believe it's already been 10 years...

Echo this, you know you are getting Older when years seem like days ago. Would have never thought of it as Ten years ago.

To Aros, the Tip was fantastic, but the Beast quake run was Epic because of the duration, the physicality, and the announcement along with the low expectations of the Mediots of us winning, it set the tone for everything afterwards including the Tip and the Super Bowl, it set the tone for our defense going forward based on a RB being the Intimidator, the Enforcer, and Head Cheerleader.

He was called dysfunctional and anti media, a cast off.

But Seattle will always love Marshawn Lynch and to hell with everyone else except Oakland who always loved him.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:27 pm
  • KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:06 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:
    Appyhawk wrote:Beastquake was one of the best football plays in nfl history. Maybe THE best. Can't believe it's already been 10 years...

Echo this, you know you are getting Older when years seem like days ago. Would have never thought of it as Ten years ago.

To Aros, the Tip was fantastic, but the Beast quake run was Epic because of the duration, the physicality, and the announcement along with the low expectations of the Mediots of us winning, it set the tone for everything afterwards including the Tip and the Super Bowl, it set the tone for our defense going forward based on a RB being the Intimidator, the Enforcer, and Head Cheerleader.

He was called dysfunctional and anti media, a cast off.

But Seattle will always love Marshawn Lynch and to hell with everyone else except Oakland who always loved him.

I couldn't agree more. From the years feeling like days ago to Beast Quake being the single greatest play I've ever witnessed from one player and I do believe it's the best run in NFL history and I don't think it's even close. Marcus Allen and others had some great runs but for pure power, effort and sheer amount of shed tackles, it's Beast Quake hands down. Besides, who else in the NFL can claim to have created a mini- earthquake??
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:08 pm
  • KitsapGuy wrote:

Agreed, and as an aside, anyone else think highly of Aaron Levine? I have always really liked him. Very intelligent, perfect amount of professionalism mixed with being a fan. I always enjoy watching his segments/shows.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:31 pm
  • I think Tracy Porter is still trying to shake the cobwebs out
    potatohead33
    NET Practice Squad

Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:10 pm
  • KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:35 pm
  • KitsapGuy wrote:

I'd say it was Matt's finest moment too. IIRC NO started out up 10. and it looked bad for us. Matt was stellar in keeping pace with them.

Clearly right up there with the Immaculate Reception In any respect. And the best run of all time. You know the play is historical when it has a name. The Tip. The Holy Roller. The Tuck Rule. The Music City Miracle. The Fail Mary. Hail Murray. Those are all I can think of now...

Seems like Percy Harvin's awesome KO return aught to have a name.

Addend: I thought of another, I'm not sure exactly what it's name is but you'll know it as, "The Tony Romo"
    evergreen
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:18 pm

Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:18 pm
  • Hawkstorian wrote:I was there,

I was at the Belltown Pub. Earlier in the day, Blitz had swung by for high-fives and photos, as he made his rounds through the local establishments.
    Threedee
    NET Veteran

Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:25 am
  • evergreen wrote:
    KitsapGuy wrote:

I'd say it was Matt's finest moment too. IIRC NO started out up 10. and it looked bad for us. Matt was stellar in keeping pace with them.

Clearly right up there with the Immaculate Reception In any respect. And the best run of all time. You know the play is historical when it has a name. The Tip. The Holy Roller. The Tuck Rule. The Music City Miracle. The Fail Mary. Hail Murray. Those are all I can think of now...

Seems like Percy Harvin's awesome KO return aught to have a name.

Addend: I thought of another, I'm not sure exactly what it's name is but you'll know it as, "The Tony Romo"

I wonder if that was the Buttfumble. LOL :twisted: :twisted:

And Aros, I see his pregame during preseason and it is kind of nice watching. He is very concise and well spoken. That is Mr Levine. They show him on our ABC affiliate prior to the game.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:40 pm
  • My son and I were there too. Surreal experience.

My buddies thought it was a waste of time since the defending Stuper Bowl champs were coming into town. Ending buying Section 112 seats row 1, damn cheap. It was so loud my son (high school aged) was yelling in my ear and I had no idea Until we bonked heads from jumpin up and down! The electricity in the air was incredible.
    nwHawk
    Platinum Supporter
    Platinum Supporter

It is currently Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:42 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information