Happy 10th Beastquakaversary!

Rat

Reaction score
Based on some negative posts in my Facebook memories, it also appears to be the anniversary of hiring Pete.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Rivals "The Tip" for the most epic Seahawks play I've ever witnessed in person. What a night.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
One of my top 3 Seahawks moments ever!

I remember celebrating hours later after the game still hyped because of the Beast Quake run!

What a time to be a 12!

It was legendary!

gowazzu02

Reaction score
I was also there! Fun story about how I got there.

Buddy calls me Friday afternoon - hey I can buy tix for tomorrows game, you want in?
Me: Nah, those are expensive and we stink (7-9)
Buddy: Alright yeah, good call
Buddy calls back like 4 hours later: Hey that guy just gave me the tix, you wanna go?
Me: Sure, why not.

Wow what a lucky turn of events that was.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
gowazzu02":25r1eroe said:
I was also there! Fun story about how I got there.

Buddy calls me Friday afternoon - hey I can buy tix for tomorrows game, you want in?
Me: Nah, those are expensive and we stink (7-9)
Buddy: Alright yeah, good call
Buddy calls back like 4 hours later: Hey that guy just gave me the tix, you wanna go?
Me: Sure, why not.

Wow what a lucky turn of events that was.

Totally can relate! My wife and I passed on our rights to our ST seats for the playoff game because we had the same notion..."Nah, 7-9, we're gonna get clobbered at home by the defending SB champs." Then my best friend called the week leading up to the game saying he had two tickets and asked if I wanted to go. I said, sure, why not? Worst case, we lose and go hang out in the bars and try to have a fun night anyways.

The rest is history.

One of the most epic post game celebrations downtown I've ever had. What a night. I still thank him for taking me to this day. I would have been unbelievably upset with myself for the rest of my life for passing on going.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Was there too!

It was an amazing run and the crowd got louder and louder the longer it continued, my wife and I were jumping up and down. We were a small part of this magical situation.

Best part is it happened on our side of the field and he crossed the goal line right in front of us.

Can't believe it was ten years ago!

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
And there were fans in the stands!! :les: :les: :les:

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
My mom was on Hospice, the entirely family there in support watching the game with her in pajamas and under heavy dosage of meds. She made little moves here and there until the BeastQuake when she got out of the chair and jumped up and down as Lynch moved further down the field. It was the best I had seen her in a very long time. All 90 pounds of her. She was just happy that we were all there but that moment made her go.

Hard to forget that.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
"The geometry was off" - Lynch says to Peyton Manning

Just a baby stiff arm.

Greatest play ever. Could watch it all day

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
loafoftatupu":ba5pjy7p said:
My mom was on Hospice, the entirely family there in support watching the game with her in pajamas and under heavy dosage of meds. She made little moves here and there until the BeastQuake when she got out of the chair and jumped up and down as Lynch moved further down the field. It was the best I had seen her in a very long time. All 90 pounds of her. She was just happy that we were all there but that moment made her go.

Hard to forget that.

Hard to top that.

chris98251

Reaction score
Appyhawk":2ffsxj9n said:
Beastquake was one of the best football plays in nfl history. Maybe THE best. Can't believe it's already been 10 years...

Echo this, you know you are getting Older when years seem like days ago. Would have never thought of it as Ten years ago.

To Aros, the Tip was fantastic, but the Beast quake run was Epic because of the duration, the physicality, and the announcement along with the low expectations of the Mediots of us winning, it set the tone for everything afterwards including the Tip and the Super Bowl, it set the tone for our defense going forward based on a RB being the Intimidator, the Enforcer, and Head Cheerleader.

He was called dysfunctional and anti media, a cast off.

But Seattle will always love Marshawn Lynch and to hell with everyone else except Oakland who always loved him.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
chris98251":3cjbjvf1 said:
Appyhawk":3cjbjvf1 said:
Beastquake was one of the best football plays in nfl history. Maybe THE best. Can't believe it's already been 10 years...

Echo this, you know you are getting Older when years seem like days ago. Would have never thought of it as Ten years ago.

To Aros, the Tip was fantastic, but the Beast quake run was Epic because of the duration, the physicality, and the announcement along with the low expectations of the Mediots of us winning, it set the tone for everything afterwards including the Tip and the Super Bowl, it set the tone for our defense going forward based on a RB being the Intimidator, the Enforcer, and Head Cheerleader.

He was called dysfunctional and anti media, a cast off.

But Seattle will always love Marshawn Lynch and to hell with everyone else except Oakland who always loved him.

I couldn't agree more. From the years feeling like days ago to Beast Quake being the single greatest play I've ever witnessed from one player and I do believe it's the best run in NFL history and I don't think it's even close. Marcus Allen and others had some great runs but for pure power, effort and sheer amount of shed tackles, it's Beast Quake hands down. Besides, who else in the NFL can claim to have created a mini- earthquake??

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
KitsapGuy":1fdh9jyx said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/AaronQ13Fox/status/1347665772156342274[/tweet]

Agreed, and as an aside, anyone else think highly of Aaron Levine? I have always really liked him. Very intelligent, perfect amount of professionalism mixed with being a fan. I always enjoy watching his segments/shows.