Alex Collins elevated for game, Penny likely to be inactive

chris98251

Reaction score
renofox":3c52s5px said:
https://www.fieldgulls.com/2021/1/8...ns-practice-squad-wild-card-game-rams-playoff

per Field Gulls.

Wouldn't surprise me. I've been holding out hope for Penny for years, maybe it's time to realize he's not going to be a big contributor for the Seahawks?

We are fortunate he is playing at all this year, tore in and outer ligaments I think it was.

I expect time off, swelling from use, soreness as he gets more of a load.

Carson took a season of this coming back from his injury.

Dissley also had to get like a half season of work before he started to really show his stuff again.

It takes time to get right and feel comfortable.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I'm ok with this. I like Collins and think he is underrated and underused.

sutz

Reaction score
Collins was running hard last week. He earned it, and if Penny aggravated something that caused him a small relapse in his recovery I'm fine with him getting a week off. I'm sure he's disappointed, but what's good for the team is what matters.

After last year it is comforting to know we have a full stable of solid RBs to rely on.

I'm still dreaming of going out in heavy formation and just run the ball down their throats for a few plays. :twisted:

TraderGary

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":1dr2rldi said:
I'm ok with this. I like Collins and think he is underrated and underused.
He was certainly impressive last week against the 9ers in limited duty.

John63

Reaction score
Based on last week I am morw than fine with collins.

HawkinNY

Reaction score
chris98251":2rla44xm said:
renofox":2rla44xm said:
https://www.fieldgulls.com/2021/1/8...ns-practice-squad-wild-card-game-rams-playoff

per Field Gulls.

Wouldn't surprise me. I've been holding out hope for Penny for years, maybe it's time to realize he's not going to be a big contributor for the Seahawks?

We are fortunate he is playing at all this year, tore in and outer ligaments I think it was.

I expect time off, swelling from use, soreness as he gets more of a load.

Carson took a season of this coming back from his injury.

Dissley also had to get like a half season of work before he started to really show his stuff again.

It takes time to get right and feel comfortable.
Collins looks pretty decent. I think he could have a big game or games this post season. Hope they sign him for next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zchurch74

Reaction score
Strange feeling Collins could be our savior. We need a first down to kill the clock on the last drive and he actually pics up 4 yards when we need 3.5. **** I’m so nervous for this game

Tokadub

Reaction score
I think Collins is WAY better than Penny from what I've seen...

Not sure if he's better than Hyde since he has a small sample size but he looked ready for playoff football... I wouldn't be like "why is Collins on the field?!" based on what I saw vs the 49ers.

It's unfortunate but it seems like Penny just isn't an NFL running back. I've never been convinced, or even slightly impressed by his play so far as a Seahawk. He seems like he has the physical tools but he just lacks vision and he doesn't seem to "get it"... I have very little faith in him...

I think he should maybe get 1 more season to prove himself but, right now I'm leaning towards he is just a bust draft pick who will never be anything more than a 3rd string running back at best.

Somos doces

Reaction score
The last couple of years were a wake-up call to the front office that they needed to stockpile effective running backs if they wanted to make a championship run. As I see it, they've finally been able to build up a stable that can potentially withstand the inevitable injuries for a winning push. '

Collins is this year's spryer Beast Mode — with the added bonus of Carson still being in the mix. With Hyde still lurking around, I feel this makes the Hawks much more dangerous than the past few playoff seasons.

xray

Reaction score
Penny never was and never will be a reliable durable starting RB in the NFL .

MrThortan

Reaction score
Unfortunate for Penny. I wasn't too impressed with the limited touches he did get this season. Collins looked good though, even it was late in the game and only a few touches. Hold on to the ball, Collins!

LTH

Reaction score
I love watching Penny run the guy has a bunch of talent... better to take it slow and make sure he is ready to come back...

I like Penny better than Alex Collins because Penny is threat every time he touches the ball whether it be running or receiving

LTH