Would you prefer to play vs Jared Goff or John Wolford.

Tokadub

Reaction score
https://vote.pollcode.com/31991957

I couldn't figure out how to make a poll directly on the website.

I voted I would rather play vs Jared Goff, I watched the highlights of John Wolford last weak vs Arizona and he seems more dangerous compared to what we just saw from Goff.

He can run and escape pressure, he can move out the pocket, he can run for first downs. He also doesn't seem to be scared to throw down field.

Goff might just be washed up, I wouldn't be surprised if Wolford beats him out for the starting job next season.

That being said I left a 3rd option that it doesn't matter who is their QB, its how our offense matches up vs their defense.

I'm picking I'd rather play Goff but the Rams defensive angle is a very legit concern as well.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
To me, bring it on.

If the Hawks can’t beat the best the Rams can bring then they aren’t worthy of going to the show.

If however they beat the best D in football then it’s game on folks.

All the pissing and moaning about RW’s lack recent productivity Fails to factor into the equation the Hawks won The games and the defences he played were high quality with most being in the top ten in the league.

I think it doesn’t matter a bit which QB theRams play with tomorrow. They beat Goff and they certainly are able to contain a running QB.

Don’t care. I respect theirD but am not afraid of it.

TraderGary

Reaction score
Tokadub":1580edst said:
https://vote.pollcode.com/31991957

I couldn't figure out how to make a poll directly on the website.

I voted I would rather play vs Jared Goff, I watched the highlights of John Wolford last weak vs Arizona and he seems more dangerous compared to what we just saw from Goff.

He can run and escape pressure, he can move out the pocket, he can run for first downs. He also doesn't seem to be scared to throw down field.

Goff might just be washed up, I wouldn't be surprised if Wolford beats him out for the starting job next season.

That being said I left a 3rd option that it doesn't matter who is their QB, its how our offense matches up vs their defense.

I'm picking I'd rather play Goff but the Rams defensive angle is a very legit concern as well.
With that defense, they're a tough out against anyone. Your QB question is a good one, and one I've been contemplating all week.

If Goff plays, it's going to be very difficult if not impossible for him to grip the football properly, and as a result, his accuracy should be off, and he will have a hard time getting any zip on his throws. That to me spells turnover machine. However, he does have valuable playoff experience and that's always a factor to consider.

Wolford on the other hand has one game of experience. He's basically untested. More importantly, he has zero playoff experience. The playoffs are a different animal vs the regular season. I think that's a huge factor, and why I think we might see Goff if he's able to go at all.

Given their less than ideal QB situation, I don't think either of them will be much of a factor unless they're turning the ball over. I suspect the Rams will lean very heavily on the run with the occasional short pass/checkdowns. We have some key injuries on the DL, and we're going to have to step up and find a way to stop the run if we hope to win this game.

I think it's going to be a very close, very hard-fought and low-scoring game down to the wire, and I think we win by a FG in a nail-biter. I'll have my blood pressure meds handy for sure. ;)

Teahawks

Reaction score
McVay would never hear the end of it if they benched their 100mil QB and lost. I feel like they have to go Goff and that's who I'd want. Wolford we'd likely dominate now that there's film on him, but we lost to Colt McCoy and we have played down to backups in the past. I don't want any Jalen Hurts type hype potential.

It doesn't really matter who is at QB. Our roster is loaded. If Russ does well this is a SB team. If he sucks we're out. It's that simple.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Teahawks":30kkokts said:
It doesn't really matter who is at QB. Our roster is loaded. If Russ does well this is a SB team. If he sucks we're out. It's that simple.

Pretty much this. Russ and our O > Goff or Wolford and their O.

I have a reaaaaaally hard time thinking Russell Wilson, having won more games in 9 seasons including playoffs than anybody else IN THE HISTORY OF THE NFL is going to lose this game, at home, to a Rams team with a beat up starting QB and backup who would be playing his SECOND NFL game in his entire life, where Pete Carroll is 6-0 ALL TIME at home in the playoffs, regardless of how good their defense is.

I think both defenses pretty much cancel each other out. Which leaves the question: Which offense will outperform the other? My money is on the Seahawks, easy.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Rather play Goff because of the broken hand and the shell shock from last game.
If it was a stadium of 12’s yelling their heads off I’d rather it be the other guy.

Just hope the offensive game planning and play calling is better than it’s been lately.
Cant “feel the Rams out” for the first half or 3 qtrs and wait until the qtr to make adjustments.

xray

Reaction score
Wolford worries me more , He's effectively mobile and is known to be tough and fearless . Everything that Goff isn't . IMO

zchurch74

Reaction score
Goff, we do t want another back up QB in a game we should win. See Giants game, McCoy

LTH

Reaction score
I don't think it makes a bit of difference who the Rams start at QB because ultimately it it comes down to the Hawks being able to execute their game plan...This team is ready to go...

The Hawks have proven they can score points on the best D's in the league now they just have to play to their potential...

personally I would like to see Wolford as I don't see that it would be the best decision to start Goff coming off surgery 2 weeks ago... If he plays and screws up his hand it could be a career ending injury or one that would set him back along time and I don't think that is cool no matter how tough Goff is...No player should be asked to take that kind of chance...

LTH

kidhawk

Reaction score
Looks like Goff is active and Bortles is out so they must believe he can play. The only question is will he start? I’m thinking he will.

kidhawk

Reaction score
kidhawk":2jxuw92m said:
Looks like Goff is active and Bortles is out so they must believe he can play. The only question is will he start? I’m thinking he will.

Guess I was wrong. Goff will be active as a backup today