Thankful for the Great Season

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I have been rooting for the Seattle Seahawks since I was a kid. I really got going during the Holmgren Era and we have had one of the best franchises in the NFL since Paul Allen took over. Being able to compare our Franchise success to New England, Pittsburgh, and Green Bay is pretty awesome. Maybe we don’t have all the rings but we are in contention nearly every year.

Winning our division feels great! The NFC WEST arguably the best division in football. Finishing the 2020 season at 12-4 was a major success. We had a number of question marks with this team coming into the year. I am sure there were some prediction threads we could look back and see who had the rose glasses to predict us this good. We all remember our Offensive Line, Defensive Line, and cornerbacks were real areas of concern and the offseason didn’t really have much splash to it.

Our offensive line would be a mess without Britt and Fluker. We signed Finney a backup from Pitt, Shell a cheap Vet at RT who played for a horrible Jets OL, drafted a Rookie RG Lewis in the 3rd. We really didn’t seem to make the splash needed to protect our $100 Million man, and establish the type of run game Pete demands. Most here were not confident we would have even a semi competent Offensive line. What resulted was, anything instead of Ifedi has be a positive. Shell, when he has played has been very solid in both Pass and Run. Pocic has stepped up and played better than anyone expected. Let’s not forget our freaking amazing Rookie RG. Damien Lewis has been a rock and will be a Pro Bowler very soon if not an All-Pro. Our OL is mostly on the book for 2021 and is only going to get better.

Our Defensive Line was possibly the #1 weakness going into the Offseason. The whole Clowney saga was tiring. Jaren Reed has been a big disappointment in 2019 and was supposed to be our best DL going into this season. Poona had flashed but was not a sure bet, Mone was a giant human but I sure didn’t see him as an above average 3rd DT. Let’s not forget our absolute lack of pass rush. Were Green and Collier going to step up? could those high pick make big strides. Mayowa and Irvin were affordable rush pieces but not the Pass rusher extraordinaire we were hoping for. Our best DL’s of the past had depth, once we made the big trade for Dunlap it felt like the whole DE group got a pep in their step. Alton has flashed big time as a rookie who has had limited action, Green, Collier, Mayowa have all been pretty good. Dunlap has just lit it up and made some very key plays. The DL is playing hungry and almost all of them are locked up for 2021.

Our Cornerbacks have been under a lot of heat since the LOB disbanded. Griffin has made a Pro Bowl but really never has looked like a lock down guy. Tre Flowers has been one of .Net’s whipping boy. He has had made some great tackels, but then a big wiff, some great tipped passes, then a bad PI. We had hoped the trade for Dunbar was the answer but his offeseason drama must have impacted him more than expected not to mention the knee injury preventing him for playing to his best physical self. Oh yeah and Blair who was looking very flashy as a nickel CB went out early in the year. This group could have really just melted and the whole season looked to be done because our D was a sieve. DJ Reed and Amadi, and Ryan Neal all stepped in and have shown to be more than adequate, they have actually made us look like the best DB’s we have had in about 4 years. The CB’s really enjoy having a healthy and up to speed Jamal Adams and Q Diggs helping them out. The secondary as a whole is looking like a strength and we have Adams, Diggs, and Reed all under contract for 2021.

What 2020 brought is was more victories than we expected. Russ getting to do some Cooking, and the opportunity to play at home in the playoffs. Oh and we can still get another ring. Go Hawks

W

Welshers

Great post Wenhawk. The Seahawks season has been great for all 12s this year and has personally been so helpful on getting my mind off the state of the world. I'm going to be so sad when it ends and I just pray it will last one more week. Come on guys, beat St Louis!!

Cyrus12

Reaction score
The team was built to be better than last year and it backfired regardless of the record. The record was skewed due to having a mostly extremely easy schedule. Again Wilson shutdown in the 2nd half of this season. Dunlap, Reed and Adams got this d going but offence sputtered big time. I enjoyed the first half of the season but got concerned in the latter half and yet again they went into their usual offensive funk. Still a window open but not sure for how long if they keep things status quo.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
They are fun regular seasons under Wilson and Carroll.

Kind of like when the Mariners won over 100 games.

As long as you don't expect anything in the playoffs there is a ton of joy every Sunday.

Some incredible plays and incredible games.

It could be worse. You just have to not expect anything past the regular season.

ScottishHawk84

Reaction score
Yeah, regular seasons are great, if it’s exciting...but come on..it shouldn’t come as a surprise we made the playoffs. Yes we are spoiled but still, we should just accept mediocrity..and we have done recently!

Cyrus12

Reaction score
ScottishHawk84":31gwrwhc said:
Yeah, regular seasons are great, if it’s exciting...but come on..it shouldn’t come as a surprise we made the playoffs. Yes we are spoiled but still, we should just accept mediocrity..and we have done recently!
Its kind of comparable to the Schotty Rivers years in San Diego. A lot of flash in the reg season but nothing come playoffs. Guess we will see what happens next year .

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
In a trying year with this pandemic.

I at least had Seahawks football to look forward too.

But since the season is now over.

I’d like to see some major overall with the front office.

Turning to .Net to talk football with you guys has been great even when we don’t agree.

Seahawks football has been a great outlet to the stresses of life.

I’m more so grateful we have a team to root for than winning/losing cause you are not going to win a Super Bowl every year.

Every season the team will look different but I’ve always enjoyed my time with the .Net gang here!

Cheers to another season with .Net supporters here!

Just cause the season is over, does not mean .Net is any less active.

I’d like to thank the posters here for giving me an outlet to talk XO’s football!

Til any new Seahawks news!

Cheers!

Hawker8989

Reaction score
After the SB win there was talk of a dynasty.

Very dissapointing.

One ring is great.

But we should have at least two.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
Great year y'all.

With Kupp probably out and Goff's thumb, beating GB is a pipedream. Our season is likely over next week, unless we get lucky and the Bears beat the Saints (which means we would play Tampa Bay or Washington).

I know how much this sucks - but with Wilson/Metcalf/Lockett and Wagner/Adams Seattle will be a force next year.

Carroll/Schneider need to face the fact that there is no excuse for continuing to not address the OL. I know people will point to Wilson's games against us being relatively poor, but with that OL we would make any QB look like that. That has to be the number one priority for Seattle.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Ramfan128":pxhqur7l said:
Great year y'all.

With Kupp probably out and Goff's thumb, beating GB is a pipedream. Our season is likely over next week, unless we get lucky and the Bears beat the Saints (which means we would play Tampa Bay or Washington).

I know how much this sucks - but with Wilson/Metcalf/Lockett and Wagner/Adams Seattle will be a force next year.

Carroll/Schneider need to face the fact that there is no excuse for continuing to not address the OL. I know people will point to Wilson's games against us being relatively poor, but with that OL we would make any QB look like that. That has to be the number one priority for Seattle.
Cheers to y’all Rams!

I told posters here I’m worried about playing the Rams but a lot of posters here are just oblivious to the fact the Rams are very well coached and play Seattle very very well.

Good luck to you guys!

hawker84

Reaction score
Ramfan128":2zdiuv0y said:
Great year y'all.

With Pete still at the helm it won't matter who's still on the team. We'll always be mediocre...I'd take a McVay over Pete all day every day. Hell of a game from your boys. I expect the Rams will be the team to beat going forward for a while. Good luck moving forward in the playoffs.....

chris98251

Reaction score
Gratz Rams Fans, your team came in and played like your lives depended on it, not sure if it was in support of Wolford, Goff, or redemption for losing the Division.

Doesn't matter really, winning the division was a nice piece of Laundry, but is a pretty empty trophy if your out in one game.

You all have a defense that can win it all, offense just has to make plays and not lose the game really, your running game setting the tone takes you a long way, that's the key really.

Elemas

Reaction score
12-4 is nice.

Taking the division and losing to a team in that division in the first round is unacceptable.

Someone's gotta call the baby ugly.

TraderGary

Reaction score
Ramfan128":g6p2y6zt said:
Great year y'all.

Congratulations Ramfan. Your team outplayed us in every phase of the game today and certainly deserved the win. If you had a decent QB, it would have been a blowout. The Rams completely dominated the LOS on both sides of the ball.

The thing that jumped off the screen to me was I saw a team in blue and gold that came out with intensity, heart and passion, and a Hawks team that did not come close to matching that same intensity. The Rams clearly wanted it more than the Hawks did and that's probably the most frustrating aspect for me. Nothing but respect for the Rams in this game.

You've got the best defense in the NFL and that can carry you a long way. If you can get even just average play from your QB, you've got a chance against anyone. Best of luck the rest of the way.

Aw Mang

Reaction score
Hawker8989":2od891d8 said:
After the SB win there was talk of a dynasty.

Very dissapointing.

One ring is great.

But we should have at least two.
Lol the dynasty ended just before it really started . It’s more like flash in the pan. The “dynasty” ended after that SB loss.

Aw Mang

Reaction score
Ramfan128":kjmfiuz7 said:
Great year y'all.

I am no rams fan but your team played great today with a wounded QB man. Rams deserved to win.

OP
OP
QuahHawk

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Not how I wanted the season to end, figured, Brees, Rodgers, or Mahomet would take us out.

Still thankful for NFL this year and although a number of stressful games, we had some fun times. DK breaking out was pretty awesome.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
The usual 'wait till next year' thread. Newsflash - next year will just be more of the same. That window that people like to talk about closed years ago. As long as Pete Carroll is the head coach for this team, early playoff exits is all you are going to get. Time to wake up people.

W

Welshers

pittpnthrs":1h2ka0b4 said:
The usual 'wait till next year' thread. Newsflash - next year will just be more of the same. That window that people like to talk about closed years ago. As long as Pete Carroll is the head coach for this team, early playoff exits is all you are going to get. Time to wake up people.
He actually posted this before the game. So you are wrong.