Hawks vs rams post game thoughts.

cymatica

Reaction score
Every coach and player involved with the offense need to be held accountable

Zybot

Reaction score
Great game by Rams. One of the worst Seahawks playoff performances I can remember. What else is there to discuss?

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Fire Pete and the entire staff. Fly to Buffalo and throw a plane load of $$$ at Brian Daboll.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
I think its time to move on. I am tired of ill prepared game plans and constant penalties. Why we can't get plays off on time is beyond me but its a continual issue with Petes teams.

dopeboy206

Reaction score
Why does Russ looks rattled every time he plays the Rams. It's like he's too worried about his stats and not turning the ball over instead of playing his game and going for the kill. He goes from alpha to pussy every time he plays the Rams. So annoyed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Natethegreat":3r5lay2e said:
I think its time to move on. I am tired of ill prepared game plans and constant penalties. Why we can't get plays off on time is beyond me but its a continual issue with Petes teams.

Bingo. Each one of those issues is a coaching issue. Was there even an actual game plan today? You play this team twice a year and you can't figure something out? That is your job. That is what you get paid to do.

Rat

Reaction score
The Rams recently lost to the Jets. Their $100 million QB is essentially missing his thumb.

That is all.

ScottishHawk84

Reaction score
My thoughts:
1. The older russ gets the more he seems to panic and doesn’t adjust
2. Our OC and head coach clearly don’t understand how you can adapt
3. We can’t ever be good on both sides of the ball..ever

James in PA

Reaction score
I’m not a fire Pete or fire Russ guy. But I am REALLY not in the mood for their “positive” BS right now or tomorrow. I want them to be as visibly pissed off as I am.

“We know we still have a great team, wer’rr so close we just need to... “.

Don’t want to hear it Russ!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MO Hawk

Reaction score
No excuse for being so unprepared, for penalties and for no emotion from beginning to end.

Pathetic!

hugecanoli

Reaction score
Ready for changes. No matter how big or small....something needs to change.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
Not a fun team to watch this year . They had a better record this year but they were a better team last year . I'm not sure what they can really do to improve either very few picks compared to years past none in the first round for the next 2 years . I wish i could be positive but realistically this team is in trouble.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
I said before this game, Seattle needs to be prepared for a conservative offense.

Carroll will not be replaced because too many people here and in the ownership accept he has one Super Bowl and think he is untouchable.

keasley45

Reaction score
I dont think you can put this all on the coaches.

Truth - Russell is the best qb tgr franchise has ever had.

Truth - it's been shown time and time again that his stature does impact his ability to see the whole field, particularly on crossing routes over the middle.

I think at some point you might have to consider that that limitation hands the defense a considerable advantage. They essentially don't have to cover a wide selection of routes and in particular, quick throws. After a while, the book is out on how to stop them. And every year becomes a scheming exercise as to how to draw up (or cover up) the offenses limitations. This year those schemes worked for 6 games until we were solved.. push the pocket up the middle,, stand up the o linemen. Clog up passing lanes and Russ will HAVE to hold the ball.

Not being able to hit over the middle, short and medium routes is a consistent issue and after 9 years, I find it hard to belive that coaches just refuse to call those plays because the just forget to. Either they are inept, or they should be hailed geniuses for working around those things the offense just can't do because of Russ's inability to hit certain throws.

Like I said, I love him. But at a certain point you have to weigh whether it's more likely that all the coaches are just insane, or that the issue is with the QB. Amd not his ability, talent, heart, smarts or HOF fight, but a simple limitation.

rcaido

Reaction score
Seattle tried to do too much on offense, all they had to do was run the damn ball.

Negative
- Way too many penalties
- Costly turnovers
- Metcalf thinking about himself change the mood of the gameplan
-Offensive line cant block
-Terrible play calling
-Wilson should just throw the damn ball away or just run
-Too many drop passess

Complete team failure

Positive
- Congrats to Meyers on a perfect kicking season!

keasley45

Reaction score
keasley45":1y3cbz9v said:
I dont think you can put this all on the coaches.

Truth - Russell is the best qb tgr franchise has ever had.

Truth - it's been shown time and time again that his stature does impact his ability to see the whole field, particularly on crossing routes over the middle.

I think at some point you might have to consider that that limitation hands the defense a considerable advantage. They essentially don't have to cover a wide selection of routes and in particular, quick throws. After a while, the book is out on how to stop them. And every year becomes a scheming exercise as to how to draw up (or cover up) the offenses limitations. This year those schemes worked for 6 games until we were solved.. push the pocket up the middle,, stand up the o linemen. Clog up passing lanes and Russ will HAVE to hold the ball.

Not being able to hit over the middle, short and medium routes is a consistent issue and after 9 years, I find it hard to belive that coaches just refuse to call those plays because the just forget to. Either they are inept, or they should be hailed geniuses for working around those things the offense just can't do because of Russ's inability to hit certain throws.

Like I said, I love him. But at a certain point you have to weigh whether it's more likely that all the coaches are just insane, or that the issue is with the QB. Amd not his ability, talent, heart, smarts or HOF fight, but a simple limitation.

I should say that it's not that defenses flat don't have to cover receivers, but they can take risks in rush packages and roll coverages in such a way because they aren't afraid of certain routes.

LoneHawkFan

Reaction score
Zybot":1lyl2jtj said:
Great game by Rams. One of the worst Seahawks playoff performances I can remember. What else is there to discuss?

Hey man, it’s commendable how easily you rinse off a loss like this with zero critical analysis. I really hope that’s what this organization is doing. I hope they don’t even think about what might have happened. Hey, it happens, right? I mean, it’s the NFL, right? Anyone can beat anyone. Just be happy we get to watch a playoff team, right?

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
The Rams wanted us.

They knew exactly what we were.

A team with an overrated QB that played not to lose. Would come in with substandard gameplans, and give you every chance to win the game. We would even spot you multiple scores by halftime.

And all you had to do was take a lead while they drained their own clock down, never bothered adjusting, and eventually a fumble or bad call would give you the game.

They never expected to lose their QB or best defender, but even then...Carroll was going to do everything he could to give them that game by not even coming in prepared to create effective matchups. Carroll would go in lazily trying to do what they always did, making it easy to prepare for.

The Rams were right and easily beat us. Even without an effective QB and their best defender.

Our 12 wins were smoke and mirrors. We were never that good because our coach was always the problem and our coordinators were never really that good.

They did whatever they wanted. Caught us completely off guard and knew exactly what we would do, because we always do that. And so they easily stopped us.

They were probably dancing they got the matchup with us because they knew it would be a cakewalk to prepare for us.