Let's Hear More About How Russ Should Be MVP

Rat

Reaction score
Not so great without an all-time great D carrying him to the Lombardi.

nwHawk

Reaction score
I'm ready to turn the oven off. Then move on.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Am I the only one who saw russ get smashed all day by 4 man pass rush? I mean the oline played the worst ive ever seen which is saying something.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
No one's been saying that since the beginning of the season when he actually deserved the award. Is it really that validating just whaling on strawmen?

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Russ rewrote his legacy with this game.

No longer a top tier QB. He is firmly in the 2nd tier as a QB that only won when his supporting cast was HOF flush.

Without Lynch, without the LOB, he isn't near Rodgers or Mahomes.

He is a QB that can carry a team to wildcard wins, but that is about it.

OP
OP
Rat

Rat

Reaction score
What should Russ trademark for next season? He'll have plenty of time for all his media appearances.

hinton

Reaction score
gowazzu02":1q3j3qs9 said:
Am I the only one who saw russ get smashed all day by 4 man pass rush? I mean the oline played the worst ive ever seen which is saying something.

We all saw that. We also saw no attempts to try and counter it, aside from 1 drive where we attempted risky throws to TEs.

OP
OP
Rat

Rat

Reaction score
hinton":1hz9wvlz said:
We all saw that. We also saw no attempts to try and counter it, aside from 1 drive where we attempted risky throws to TEs.

Do we even employ any TEs? I remember a number of fastballs into the middle of the field, but don't recall anyone catching them.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
I think you need to tell us what your Real problem with Wilson is. Because it’s not football.

Every non-Seahawks fan I’m speaking to, is talking about how garbage the Seahawks O-line is. It hasn’t been great since the second half of the season

OP
OP
Rat

Rat

Reaction score
Scorpion05":f4ml81kr said:
I think you need to tell us what your Real problem with Wilson is. Because it’s not football.

Every non-Seahawks fan I’m speaking to, is talking about how garbage the Seahawks O-line is. It hasn’t been great since the second half of the season

Maybe we could afford a better OL if Russ didn't demand half our salary cap.

zchurch74

Reaction score
The guy does podcast every week. Maybe he should worry about on field activities rather than off field.

OP
OP
Rat

Rat

Reaction score
zchurch74":3wtir5fo said:
The guy does podcast every week. Maybe he should worry about on field activities rather than off field.

Doubtful. He loves to be in front of the camera.

stack55

Reaction score
Yea, he didn’t have a very good game, but look at the dropped passes.
The guy was running for his life the whole game. That int was because
Of pressure to get Metcalf the ball. Our Defense played well for most
Of the game. The offense needs to stay on the field so our defense
Can breath. We just got beat by a much better team.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
It probably isn't all Wilson's fault. He was enabled.

Remember the stories when the LOB was here about how they were not allowed to trash talk him?

Pete coddled him. And Wilson started to believe some of the crap he was being fed.

That made him weak and soft. This sucks because Wilson is or was, tremendously tough mentally.

His greatest strength was that under pressure he got better not worse. A tremendous attribute and incredibly rare.

What did we do?

Take all the pressure we could off him.

Now he can barely play under pressure because he is scared to take chances. And so, when he does they are often stupid chances.

Wilson has agency. Not saying he is blameless. But Pete created this monster that turned Wilson weak and gutless. He was once fearless, relentless, and driven.

And there is no shame in not being a top 2 or 3 QB. You can still win despite that. But clinging to the delusion that you can do it all means you plan for nothing else. And without any game plan or any preparation, we were then screwed.

I think Wilson's chance of ever getting a single MVP vote just died though. As did much of his legacy. A lot more credit will be given to the LOB (+ the rest of that Defense) and Lynch now, likely rightfully so.

hawk45

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":14ddgp0h said:
No one's been saying that since the beginning of the season when he actually deserved the award. Is it really that validating just whaling on strawmen?
Door number 2