The Official Trade Russell Wilson Thread.

Fox0r

Reaction score
We all knew from the beginning his legs were going to fall off and that his scrambling ability was what allowed him to overcome his small stature.

Well, he can't escape anymore and he can't pocket pass. Game over.

I was the biggest RW3 fanboy of them all, but I am done. It is nothing but downhill from here.

He will never win another Super Bowl.

While we are at it, get rid of Pete. This team has one and done written all over it until RW is gone.

Better QB talent who are younger in the league. It was a fun ride.

Sea84hawks

Reaction score
We need to draft a QB high or trade for Watson. We want to see some football again. Not some backyard crap and long bombs every play!

Rat

Reaction score
I was worried he would start asking for more money after the record Mahomes extension and the money Dak is likely to get.

I'd trade him for Wentz right now.

hawker84

Reaction score
Lol. Yes he had a sh**y game, but he's still one of the best qbs in the league. How about we stop bringing in shiny new skill players and get the man a real offensive line? Just a thought. If anybody needs to go, it's Pete...

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Sea84hawks":2prhhoco said:
We need to draft a QB high or trade for Watson. We want to see some football again. Not some backyard crap and long bombs every play!

Wilson for Watson straight up!

knownone

Reaction score
I mentioned this in the other thread, but I'll say it here too. We need an identity. Right now, we don't have one. We built our offensive line to run the ball, our best skill position players are receivers, and our play calling is caught in between conflicting philosophies.

So, if we want to be a defensive, run first football team, then they should absolutely consider trading Wilson if the value is there. Otherwise, we need to stop bringing in guys on defense, and start bringing in guys who can pass block. That's why we are losing these games.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Watson under Carroll would at least accomplish as much, likely more.

I would do Wilson for Watson, but I think the Texans could get a better deal.

Rat

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3yd6pn71 said:
Watson under Carroll would at least accomplish as much, likely more.

I would do Wilson for Watson, but I think the Texans could get a better deal.

We missed our window for that when BOB got fired.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Wenhawk":2dx4um6h said:
Sea84hawks":2dx4um6h said:

Wilson for Watson straight up!
Hold up, Wen! Wilson and Carroll for Watson!

nwHawk

Reaction score
I agree. I was a big Wilson supporter up until I started noticing things last season. Fantastic person and teammate. Excellent disability.

But there have been oodles of breakdown on his play. Just like the great Jimmy Graham, the past handle of years have been filled with shortcomings and excuses.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
I’m actually okay with this. Belicheck, or another creative coach would do wonders with Wilson. Do it. Let Trevor Lawrence or Watson be your hero.

Mizak

Reaction score
Scorpion05":1uf246zg said:
I’m actually okay with this. Belicheck, or another creative coach would do wonders with Wilson. Do it. Let Trevor Lawrence or Watson be your hero.

Trade Russell Wilson to the Patriots????

hinton

Reaction score
Watson has a no-trade clause in his contract. Even if we had picks to trade for him.

minormillikin

Reaction score
Scorpion05":1rsph0fh said:

I'm not a Russ hater, not at all, but he couldn't do what Belichick wants. Tom Brady / patriots formula was loads of quick passes in the middle of the field and only the occasional deep ball. I don't think Russ can make those passes.

You know who would be a good fit at New England, I think? Minshew.

renofox

Reaction score
Not in 2021. $39M dead money - would take a net $7M cap hit and Seahawks only have $15M cap hit to start with.

If he plays next year like he did the 2nd half of this year? I'll be on board.

mrblitz

Reaction score
how did that qb on buffalo become so accurate over one off-season? maybe russell could do the same thing?

Jerhawk

Reaction score
I... Oh God forgive me. I... Ok fine, here it comes.

I agree. Oh man it hurts to say.

KillerB

Reaction score
Well the subject seems a bit hormonal and reactionary, but there is a bit of truth there.
Wilson's playground skills are fading and he is apparently not any kind of traditional QB. Without his legs and improv he's not Dangeruss.
His trade value will never be higher. He likes the East Coast and bright lights. Just happens that most of the teams with the most to give in trade, are East Coast and QB-needy.
Would be the biggest deal in NFL trade history, no? Pete and Schneider love big deals.
So...hardly likely, but ehhh - maybe. And of course, he would have to waive his no-trade clause.