Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mediocrity!

The Original Seattle Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute for Seahawks Talk, News, Rumors, Trades, and Analytics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Mediocrity!
Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:39 pm
  • Are happy with this? Really? I believe there should be huge changes in the organization. Losing at home in the WC round is unacceptable. In general, I think we can all agree we just are done with these average performances.
    ScottishHawk84
    NET Starter

Re: Mediocrity!
Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:40 pm
  • These early play off exit movies by the Seahawks are getting old.
    SlickRick
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:42 pm
  • Seems most people are just happy making the playoffs.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:45 pm
  • If winning the NFC West and getting a home Seahawks game classes as mediocrity sign me up.

Yeah, todays game sucked, but you gotta keep things in perspective though.
    hinton
    NET Rookie

Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:48 pm
  • 12-4 is not Mediocrity. You can play the easiest schedule in the league and not go 12-4 if your mediocre. Poor performance today once mistake changed the game which sucks but were not mediocre.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:52 pm
  • Hey I think division banners look great in the rafters as much as the next guy. Just get me to the playoffs every year.. Who needs conference banners or SB banners? I will never understand this mentality. I would never want to be on a team with someone with this mentality. And I damn sure wouldn't root for a coach or team with this mentality...
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:55 pm
  • Guys..come on..it’s not just a poor performance TODAY. There have been multiple poor performances from our team this yeah. How anyone can provide excuses for the overall performance is laughable. For all the talent we have, to produce that, is all on the coaches!
    ScottishHawk84
    NET Starter

Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:56 pm
  • getnasty wrote:12-4 is not Mediocrity. You can play the easiest schedule in the league and not go 12-4 if your mediocre. Poor performance today once mistake changed the game which sucks but were not mediocre.

No, but you can play a really easy schedule and go 12-4 with an average team. That's what we are and have been for several years. We get to the dance and then fold.
    kf3339
    Platinum Supporter
    Platinum Supporter

Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:02 pm
  • getnasty wrote:12-4 is not Mediocrity. You can play the easiest schedule in the league and not go 12-4 if your mediocre. Poor performance today once mistake changed the game which sucks but were not mediocre.

I appreciate the optimism and loyalty, but ya, were mediocre. We lost to the Giants, top tier contenders don't lose to bottom dwellers...
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:05 pm
  • RW is maybe the best scrambling qb ever. He could be torching defenses instead of pocket passing and snapping the ball as play clocks expire. Reminds me of rich schmucks that own SUV’s and muscle cars. What a shameful waste
    sprhawk73
    NET Rookie

Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:10 pm
  • By no definition are we a mediocre regular season team. We are, by every definition, are an underachieving playoff team. Carolina...Atlanta...Dallas...LA..

You can't continually show up unprepared and get out coached once the postseason starts. It's incredibly frustrating.

After our SB win...how many of us felt confident that there would be multiple SB's wins during Russ and Pete's tenure? I thought there would be more than one. I don't think that is going happen.
    rjdriver
    NET Veteran

Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:13 pm
  • hawker84 wrote:
    getnasty wrote:12-4 is not Mediocrity. You can play the easiest schedule in the league and not go 12-4 if your mediocre. Poor performance today once mistake changed the game which sucks but were not mediocre.

I appreciate the optimism and loyalty, but ya, were mediocre. We lost to the Giants, top tier contenders don't lose to bottom dwellers...

By your definition, there are no top tier contenders except for maybe the Bucs.
    JGreen79
    NET Veteran

Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:19 pm
  • I'm disappointed and do believe going 12-4, winning the division, then losing the wildcard to a division rival is a fail. No one's going to remember 12-4. From that perspective, only the Superbowl winner has a great season. That's the goal. That's the truth. That...is the reality.

With that said, I'd take this season over being a Cowboys fan each and every time.
    Elemas
    NET Veteran

Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:20 pm
  • hinton wrote:If winning the NFC West and getting a home Seahawks game classes as mediocrity sign me up.

Yeah, todays game sucked, but you gotta keep things in perspective though.

Yep. Today's game was pathetic, and unfortunately rather predictable. But top-third of the league, every year...there are no more than 3-4 teams who can claim that other than Seattle. "Bad year is 12-4" is pretty OK.
    KillerB
    NET Starter

Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:24 pm
  • 12-4 actually adds a little insult when you get spanked in the wild card by a six seed with an injured QB IMO. It looks like choking.

It wasn’t actually choking - this is the team we were last half of the year - but it looks like it
    hawk45
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

It is currently Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:46 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information