Still a GREAT season

W

Welshers

So proud of our guys. Won the division for the first time in four years and finished 12-4! Yes I am gutted by the loss but what a fun and great season. It happens in the NFL. Think about Sean Peyton's Saints. They won the SB and haven't gotten back since. But they stayed relevant most years and you don't hear anyone calling for his head. The Hawks can still breakthrough and get another. We need to change schemes and look at some things yes but this is a great team full of great personnel.

Metcalf-Wilson is the most dynamic combo in football. Extend Adams, maybe keep Carson, try to find some late round gems, and run it back. I'd like to get new coordinators but who knows. There's a lot to be excited about and I love these Hawks and am so proud of 12-4 record.

Yes they lost but they played their hearts out out there. We were playing the #1 D in football. Russ wasn't as bad as people seem to think because he had NO time. Overall this was an awesome season with a great team. These guys will make adjustments and run it back. We may go undefeated next year.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Honestly no. 9 and 7 and lose in wildcard is cool. A team 12 and 4 and gets smacked at home in the wild card is not.

stang233

Reaction score
Not a great season. Went all in and crapped the bed. Time to blow it up.

LoneHawkFan

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":3oywogbx said:
Honestly no. 9 and 7 and lose in wildcard is cool. A team 12 and 4 and gets smacked at home in the wild card is not.

I feel like I’m an ok judge of when to be all-in and when to be hesitant on a team. I was hesitant at times his season, and then was hesitant about a cpl things leading up to this game...but I felt great about this game going in. But in the back of everyone’s mind is everything negative that we’ve all been reading:

AND IT ALL SHOWED UP TODAY.

Absolutely, extremely disappointed. Extremely.

So....I completely agree with you.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
1. New coordinators won't make a difference if Pete is still the HC.
2. Pete might win another NFC West title, but will never coach another team to the NFCCG. A Super Bowl is a pipe dream.
3. Great effort by the team today? Hardly.

hawk45

Reaction score
It was an okay season. Made the playoffs.

Getting absolutely humiliated by a division rival with a dinged up QB in the wild card game...I mean it’s all subjective so it’s a bit silly of a convo anyhow but while I could get to “good”, “great” is LOL

NJlargent

Reaction score
Predictable season. Although I did think our thumping would be in the divisional round.

Niners are going to win the division next year barring injuries.

We do have the comedy of our first round pick to look forward to.

The rams came pumped and we look half-baked.

Although this ending was beyond obvious and predictable it still is so frustrating. And the zero change going into next year will only add to it.

hoxrox

Reaction score
For me, one-and-done is a pretty disappointing season. The defense improved, but the offense regressed.

Aw Mang

Reaction score
Good not great. When you are 12-4 and a division champ and lost to another division rival, it’s not great. Aim a bit higher.

ducks41468

Reaction score
D-. Offense is basically long-term broken at this point and the key culprits (Russ and Pete) are here to stay.

ScottishHawk84

Reaction score
Yeah, honestly, I’d have preferred to have lost the division so we’d play WFT..either way, our team wasn’t good enough.

Tbh, I’m extremely worried about our future. Have to sign a lot of big names, probably have to sign Jamal, Carson? shaq? Hmm.

Pete has to make big decisions with our OC..I don’t think Schotty is what we need and we need non injury prone OL(mostly our LG as Mike is always hurt)..I genuinely believe we need a new C..Pocic not good enough.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Welshers...get out of here with the eternal optimism everything's still amazing crap. Only people TRULY adept at fooling themselves feel better for reading it right after a one-and-done playoff loss.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
Aw Mang":3f35wnwr said:
Good not great. When you are 12-4 and a division champ and lost to another division rival, it’s not great. Aim a bit higher.

It's the manner in which we lost that burns the most for me. Absolutely predictable. Anytime we got to 3rd down I knew that we were not going to convert.

The Breh

Reaction score
We couldn't field a defense and offense worth a shit one time this season.
I'm happy for the guys like Collier, Brooks, Amadi, Reed...guys who made big plays at key moments or showed promise that had been questioned.
But we're feeling exactly like the Cards are right now.

And that is extremely disappointed in not living/playing up to our potential.
Being a letdown is about as low as you can feel.
Russ needs to embrace more than sunshine.
The darkness can also drive motives.

AubHawk71

Reaction score
What's the excuse this time?

The talent is there.

Injuries? Man, if only Dallas had been available.

Never has so little been done with so much.

Pete. And he is here through 2025 which means NOTHING will change. But, but we win more games than not! And they all look the same. Frustrating.

Schneider rumors of going off to manage an org where his absolute magic player getting ability isn't frittered away by Pete not listening to anybody but his chewing gum.

Let Pete cook! Who wants oatmeal every time?!?!?!

AubHawk71

Reaction score
hgwellz12":1z7j3t31 said:
Aw Mang":1z7j3t31 said:

It's the manner in which we lost that burns the most for me. Absolutely predictable. Anytime we got to 3rd down I knew that we were not going to convert.

Yep.

But if it is 3rd and 5 or greater, just throw it up the middle against Pete's soft n gooey defense. Works every time!

NY Hawk

Reaction score
you can't go 12-4 win the division go one and done and think this was a good season. RW stunk up the joint since the second half of the season. Let keep it real. Mr. Unlimited

Tokadub

Reaction score
I disagree, without even making it to Green Bay in the NFC finals, this is definitely a failure.

We haven't won in Green Bay for over 20 years I think?

But we just lost too a guy with a broken thumb who had a trash season. It's not great.

It was great in spirit, I really like our players and their energy and teamwork, enthusiasm, etc... but the end result was really disappointing and bad.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
We were pretenders plain and simple. Easy schedule covered for the weaknesses on this team. The D gets fixed up a bit and Wilson turns to shit the 2nd half of the season. Imo there is next to nothing to be proud of here.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Welshers":86zfxcj6 said:
So proud of our guys. Won the division for the first time in four years and finished 12-4! Yes I am gutted by the loss but what a fun and great season. It happens in the NFL. Think about Sean Peyton's Saints. They won the SB and haven't gotten back since. But they stayed relevant most years and you don't hear anyone calling for his head. The Hawks can still breakthrough and get another. We need to change schemes and look at some things yes but this is a great team full of great personnel.

Metcalf-Wilson is the most dynamic combo in football. Extend Adams, maybe keep Carson, try to find some late round gems, and run it back. I'd like to get new coordinators but who knows. There's a lot to be excited about and I love these Hawks and am so proud of 12-4 record.

Yes they lost but they played their hearts out out there. We were playing the #1 D in football. Russ wasn't as bad as people seem to think because he had NO time. Overall this was an awesome season with a great team. These guys will make adjustments and run it back. We may go undefeated next year.
Honestly if I didn't know you from previous posts I would of thought this was a joke..