So..how do we progress?

ScottishHawk84

Reaction score
New OC? Russ and Schotty not on the same page for the last 3-4 games.

Do we need at least two new OL starters? Iupati injury prone and Pocic not good enough.

Russ needs to either just think, screw it, tuck the ball and run(earlier) or throw the ball away earlier because he’s not as quick to scramble.

ducks41468

Reaction score
Sadly, I don't think we progress. We're stuck with Pete and Wilson on the offense. The only way I see is if we find another Lynch and the defense becomes top 3 in the league.

imnKOgnito

Reaction score
An OC that has short and intermediate routes in his game plan, a year of maturity for DK, rebuilding the left side of the offensive line, keeping Adams and Dunlap, getting a third dependable option at WR, and letting someone else coach on game day.

Problem solved.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
If flat out starts with Russell Wilson restructuring his contract or taking a pay cut it won’t work any other way

hoxrox

Reaction score
With limited draft capital, have to hit on every pick. Prioritize o-line, yes.

JPatera76

Reaction score
Get rid of Pete. Let the ownership eat that extension like the rams did Fischer

AubHawk71

Reaction score
JPatera76":1x2r3b14 said:
Get rid of Pete. Let the ownership eat that extension like the rams did Fischer

Yep. Pete got his golden parachute. thanks for the laffs. SO MUCH talent is wasted, from Schneider to the coaching staff, to the players. Pete is a busted wheel. Enough already.

timmat

Reaction score
Recommit to run game; strengthen O line with guys who run block well; resign Carson; different OC or at least different passing scheme that focuses more on getting rid of ball faster and being happy with 7yd pass plays; moving away from hero ball deep, slow developing routes that force Russ to hold ball.

These are doable. But it will take a little less stubborn approach, and adapt.

James in PA

Reaction score
I don’t know what the answer is anymore. It seems like every time they plug one leak, another one springs. Is it Pete? Is it John? Is it Russ? Is it a combination? I “think” the answer is having an absolute stud of a RB. I “think” that is the only way THESE Seahawks sniff another SB. Problem is, guys like Beast Mode and Derrick Henry don’t grown on trees. They sure as hell don’t have that guy on their roster right now. And even if you are lucky enough to find that guy, can you keep him healthy??

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
hawkfannj":2up2r5jg said:
If flat out starts with Russell Wilson restructuring his contract or taking a pay cut it won’t work any other way

Not true. Release the entire line except Lewis. Shit britt didnt even play this year and I bet he would be cheap. He is leaps and bounds better than pocic.

John63

Reaction score
ducks41468":1s923v6h said:
Sadly, I don't think we progress. We're stuck with Pete and Wilson on the offense. The only way I see is if we find another Lynch and the defense becomes top 3 in the league.

Except you are presuming PC and Wilson are tied at the hip. REALITY this is PCs team. We play tgr iffe sive and defensive style he wants. Will not matter who the QB is. So this is not about Wilson and PC. This is about PC.

kf3339

Reaction score
New ownership. That's what we need right now. Otherwise, nothing is going to change.

LTH

Reaction score
I think to compete with the Rams the Hawks need to be more physical up front... Wilson is taking to much punishment for my liking I think I would draft OL and DL..

LTH

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
New oline aside Lewis. We need pass blockers.
When you do run commit to a power run game again intead shotgun handoffs.
Stop running garbage ass offensive play calls. Stop repeating garbage ass play calls that didnt work the first hundred times.
Obtain two lockdown corners.

I think the only thing we should draft is corners or oline. Every other position is good already.

I hate the whole FIRE PETE, SCHOTTY OR RUSS's fault crap. If there is one thing that is right in that crowd..
.it Is nothing will change without one of these guys leaving. I vote schotty, but then we will just see the same thing repeated with poor offensive showing by a different OC because its frowned upon to beat up on a team and I'm not for trading russ so...

RedAlice

Reaction score
LTH":3slapym0 said:
I think to compete with the Rams the Hawks need to be more physical up front... Wilson is taking to much punishment for my liking I think I would draft OL and DL..

LTH

I’m not really sure what you think matters.

Given all your guarantees....

Reaction score
I feel so flat after watching that game. The frustrating thing is knowing that the offence was terrible at the back end of the season and they did nothing - NOTHING - to change it in the biggest game of the season. More play action? More throws to TEs? More use of Swain, Moore etc? None of that, just the same old reliance on throwing deep balls to DK and Lockett.

This team feels like a boxer who won a fight with a left hook and now that's all he throws. Not set up, no jab, just left hook constantly. It's predictable, it's easy to defend against and with Aaron Donald in the opposing line, you just aren't going to get guys open in the time available.

I can handle losing, I'm not a sore loser and I give the Rams credit...but the real issue is that this team had an obvious problem for weeks and had no idea how to fix it. For all his faults, Ken Norton did fix the atrocious defence but the offence was figured out and there was no Plan B. Once the deep ball to DK and Lockett was unavilable, there was nothing.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
We have seen enough from the combo of Carroll/Wilson.

Nothing will change if the head coach is still the head coach.

I think those that are loyal to Carroll at some point will understand that the guy is average at X and Os.

He’s pretty much a players coach in terms of motivating, but mediocre at game planning.

It’s time for a change.

We are past that point of no return to the Super Bowl with Carroll as coach.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
The problem is not our OC. It's the handcuffs Pete applies to the OC. Schotty is much better than Bevell but look at how handicapped our offense became after Pete got scared when Russell had a couple bad games in a row after our super-hot start and neutered the offense again.

RedAlice

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1z35in7f said:
The problem is not our OC. It's the handcuffs Pete applies to the OC. Schotty is much better than Bevell but look at how handicapped our offense became after Pete got scared when Russell had a couple bad games in a row after our super-hot start and neutered the offense again.

Ah, I see we disagree. It’s Shotty.