No 100yd Rusher in 2020?

timmat

Reaction score
I’m no stat expert, but I don’t think we had a game this year with a RB over 100 yds in a game. I’d love to see a re-commitment to the run game. That means accepting 3yd carries and not giving up on it. Why is 3rd and 3 an automatic passing down - especially when we are struggling to pass with any consistency, and not converting on third at all?

Granted Lynch was extremely unique, but he consistently wore teams down in the 4th quarter because of the pounding early on - and not abandoning it. We aren’t putting ourselves in the position to wear teams down. A pounding run game really wears down a D line, and makes them respect play action. It makes it so it’s not such an open season on your QB.

We let Russ cook this year. Can we now go back to a physical style, with run to set up the pass?

JPatera76

Reaction score
Na, Pete wouldn’t know a good RB is they shit on his lap.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Need to make changes at that position...and since we can't draft anyone good I'm sure we trade for one.

James in PA

Reaction score
I said in another thread that I think having an absolute stud at RB (and one who can stay healthy) is the key to it all with THESE Seahawks. Good luck finding another Beast Mode or Derrick Henry though.
[emoji20]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chawker

Reaction score
This is a alarming subject that should be of a highly concerns to all within the Seahawks organisation. A RB is a Qbs best friend. Having beastmode around you knew he was aways good for 100 yard day. I hope that this subject will be addressed in the off season. It will take a lot of stress off of Russ.

I'd start with the O line, get rid of Iupute and get a real LG.

PNW

Reaction score
I know we won’t resign CC with that stat, he didn’t get one 100yard game and he wants to be paid top 5 back money.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I strongly disagree with comments claiming the team does not recognize talent at the position. They have been struggling with keeping the RBs healthy the last few seasons and have found themselves with a corps of unhealthy backs by the end of each season.

I believe the problem is scheme and play design and that is on the OC.

These are the guys on the team:

RB- 32- Chris Carson (U), 30- Carlos Hyde (U), 20- Rashaad Penny, 25- Travis Homer (IR), 31- DeeJay Dallas, 41- Alex Collins (U), 40- Bo Scarborough, (IRPS) (U),

From this group which has several proven RBs and a couple of sometime 1000+ yd/season rushers not having a single 100 yd/game rusher points the finger pretty hard at the play calling, the weakness of schemes, or the run blocking.

There are a few guys here who can be kept and still keep the present ability 2- 3 yds and a cloud of dust style hammering, but the homerun hitters are not there.

Doubt Hyde is kept, wasn't worth the $. Suspicious the team will not pay Carson. Dubious that Penny has the necessary 'it' to be the guy. I liked what we saw in brief minutes from Collins and Scarborough, but Dallas and Homer are just bodies. We can expect the team to add at the position.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
It's Penny time..He's supposed to have good hands to catch also
Hope he gets in top shape this off season..I'd take Hyde back and
Collins..All the rest bye bye

zchurch74

Reaction score
Your crazy if you want to keep Penny. He will be hurt in some capacity by week 3 next year. He is Procise 2.0. Hyde and Collins and Scarborough are the only ones worth keeping. Need to try to find someone in FA.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I'm crazy then..
He tore his ACL after he was kicking ass..I think he can be the man.

PNW

Reaction score
Did anyone see anything from CC this year that warrants 12 million a year?

misfit

Reaction score
This. And we got people on this forum desperate to.keep carson

Chawker

Reaction score
Starting with the OL, the first thing is get rid of M.Iupati. He can't get to the second level to engage a LBer, he hurt half the time and his cost is too much. We need to find another S. Hutchinson though the draft.

Plus replacements for KJ Wright,Bobby Wagner and LT Browm.

Draft a real FB and use him, meaning, go back to using the I-formation and the pro set. Not all the time,just as needed.

getnasty

Reaction score
Seattle just didn't run the ball enough with one specific guy to get a 1000 yard rusher. There ypc was 5th in the league but attempts were bottom 5. As a team they averaged 4.3 ypc in 2013 and 5.2 ypc in 2014 with Russell Wilson being a huge threat.

Between Carson injury history and Hyde being pretty good i felt like they shared the ball a lot more then past years. Chris Carson is a stud i promise you that. He might not be a top 5 back in this league due to injury concerns but he legit.

Hawks were horrible on 3rd down this year, if you don't sustain drive your rushing stats aren't gonna be out of this world.

Smellyman

Reaction score
RW used to keep a D honest worrying about the RO.

That is of no concern now

hoxrox

Reaction score
PNW":25zs9f37 said:
I know we won’t resign CC with that stat, he didn’t get one 100yard game and he wants to be paid top 5 back money.

He kinda needs the carries though. In recent interviews, he said he was willing to be the bell cow and rush 25 times a game if needed.

He was averaging 4.8 YPC against the Rams but only got 16 carries... that didn't make sense at all. Against teams with strong pass rush and strong secondaries, you have to pound the rock.

But Shotty and Russ were just looking for those chunk plays, which played right into the Rams strengths... :?

As far as run to set up the pass, or pass to set up the run, or bombs away and just run to milk the clock. It doesn't have to be set identity. Just wish the offense was more dynamic in general.

Latest posts