Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Could we have won with Olsen, Collins, or Josh Gordon?

The Original Seattle Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute for Seahawks Talk, News, Rumors, Trades, and Analytics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
  • I'm shocked we didn't play Olsen. I thought since Josh Gordon couldn't play Olsen was our only hope to have a good 3rd down offense.

Did we underestimate them??? Did we make it a point to save Olsen for next week because we thought we could easily handle the Rams without him???

I don't get it... I think not playing Olsen was the biggest failure of our coaches in this game.

I don't care if he has a bum foot he knows how to make receptions on 3rd down, he has good hands and understands the game. I'm pretty sure even if he's slower he could of done better than our other Tight Ends to convert third downs.

Dissly and Hollister looked like garbage tonight, they couldn't catch anything.

If we had Josh Gordon maybe our offense would of worked, but without him I thought it was a no brainer to play Olsen?

I'm also pretty dissapointed we didn't play Collins. He might of been the fresher more explosive guy than even Carson tonight. It blows my mind they didn't give him any plays tonight even though he was active. He looked like our best running back in some of those plays last week vs 49ers...

I think they made two super basic inexcusable coaching mistakes by not playing Olsen or Collins... maybe we would still lose but I'm shocked we got completely punked from start to finish and these 2 proven weapons weren't even given a single play.
    Tokadub
    NET Veteran

• No...they can't play oline or qb. Hollister was pure trash so hopefully he is gone.Dissly I guess we should just be happy he didn't rupture something...
    Cyrus12
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• I don’t think so.

Carson was effective but under utilized vs light boxes.

Olsen, being a TE, would be mainly schemed in the middle where Wilson was terrifying.
    hawk45
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• If they had replaced Pete and Schotty, yes.
    HomerJHawk
    NET Veteran

• LOL

No
    Chapow
    NET Veteran

• hawk45 wrote:I don’t think so.

Olsen, being a TE, would be mainly schemed in the middle where Wilson was terrifying.

Where was he effective? I must have missed that.

Answer is no. We didnt need Gordon, collins or olsen.
    They lost this game on team effort. Ackers had over a hundred. Missed tackles and open recievers. A couple turnovers and our oline is traight trash at pass blocking. Plus, our offensive playcalling is ass.

Pass blocking need are new offensive line or new line coach to implement a new blocking scheme. ZONE blocking is trash.
    jamescasey1124
    NET Veteran

• No. The biggest problems today were not on-field personnel.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

• jamescasey1124 wrote:
    hawk45 wrote:I don’t think so.

Where was he effective? I must have missed that.

Answer is no. We didnt need Gordon, collins or olsen.
    They lost this game on team effort. Ackers had over a hundred. Missed tackles and open recievers. A couple turnovers and our oline is traight trash at pass blocking. Plus, our offensive playcalling is ass.

Pass blocking need are new offensive line or new line coach to implement a new blocking scheme. ZONE blocking is trash.
    Well unsurprisingly you miss quite a lot.

We averaged 4 yards per carry today.

Oh “effort”, excellent analysis. The unfalsifiable claim.

Wilson not attempting to give the ball away over t middle all game didn’t make the list I see.

Running the ball and hitting the middle is how you can defeat 2 high or quarters coverage.
    hawk45
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• No as long as we can’t put a decent OLine and D line out on the Field it’ll be one and done in the playoffs if we even make it there forever
    hawkfannj
    NET Veteran

• RolandDeschain wrote:No. The biggest problems today were not on-field personnel.

Bingo. The problem is the old stubborn Owen Wilson grandpa look a like.... name Pete Carroll.
    JPatera76
    NET Veteran

• That's interesting not 1 single poster so far thinks our players could of done better, or different players should of been played...

Our coaches aren't that bad we got out played by personell tonight imo. Maybe Schotty should of had a better game plan but, how are you not even playing your best 3rd down receiver with Olsen?

How are you not even giving Alex Collins a snap when Carson can barely walk after every play and Hyde has been underwhelming all season except 1 play...

You guys might be right coaches are more to blame but... I think these simple personell decisions could of helped.
    Tokadub
    NET Veteran

• Tokadub wrote:That's interesting not 1 single poster so far thinks our players could of done better, or different players should of been played...

Of course some players could have done better, but that wasn't any of the main problems. HOW WE'RE USING OUR PERSONNEL ON OFFENSE is. Look, what if we had Aaron Donald and we made him a safety? Sheer idiocy, right? Well, in a nutshell, that's about how bad our offensive philosophy, scheming, and play calling was today; and to be honest, it's glaringly obvious.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

• RolandDeschain wrote:No. The biggest problems today were not on-field personnel.

This.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• RolandDeschain wrote:
    Tokadub wrote:That's interesting not 1 single poster so far thinks our players could of done better, or different players should of been played...

Of course some players could have done better, but that wasn't any of the main problems. HOW WE'RE USING OUR PERSONNEL ON OFFENSE is. Look, what if we had Aaron Donald and we made him a safety? Sheer idiocy, right? Well, in a nutshell, that's about how bad our offensive philosophy, scheming, and play calling was today; and to be honest, it's glaringly obvious.

I somewhat agree but I think the Rams played super well, our team obviously didn't match them from coaching to players, everything.

I'm not sure if we are bad but we needed to be great to win this one.

I will agree our offense looked like idiocy tonight.

It will be interesting to see how the Rams do in the playoffs, if their defense plays like that they might even have a chance against Green Bay.
    Tokadub
    NET Veteran

• We have good receivers. Wilson is too dependent on rollouts and broken plays. When defenses adjust for that, Wilson just runs around like a headless chicken.
    5thgen
    NET Bench Warmer

• I posted on game thread that I would have loved to see Collins get some snaps and hopefully create a spark. When the season is on the line, why not? Dude has shown some great passion for running.
    Perhaps next year.
    HomerJHawk
    NET Veteran

• Collins should have at least gotten some 3rd down carries. imo ymmv
    mrblitz
    NET Veteran

• hawkfannj wrote:No as long as we can’t put a decent OLine and D line out on the Field it’ll be one and done in the playoffs if we even make it there forever

You got it. Rams outplayed us almost entire game in the trenches. That was the bottom line to this game.
    Appyhawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Location: Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montana.

• 5thgen wrote:We have good receivers. Wilson is too dependent on rollouts and broken plays. When defenses adjust for that, Wilson just runs around like a headless chicken.

What rollouts? They literally called zero rollouts in this game. Just seven step drops over and over again with the same launch point. Against the #1 D-Line in the NFL.

The coaching staff is a laughing stock right now. Added personnel, wouldn't've mattered.

They just got housed by a QB I never heard of, Goff with a broken thumb, and Aaron Donald missing most of the 2nd half.
    Pete was outclassed by a better coach.
    Fade
    NET Veteran

• Fade wrote:
    5thgen wrote:We have good receivers. Wilson is too dependent on rollouts and broken plays. When defenses adjust for that, Wilson just runs around like a headless chicken.

What rollouts? They literally called zero rollouts in this game. Just seven step drops over and over again with the same launch point. Against the #1 D-Line in the NFL.

The coaching staff is a laughing stock right now. Added personnel, wouldn't've mattered.

They just got housed by a QB I never heard of, Goff with a broken thumb, and Aaron Donald missing most of the 2nd half.

Nailed it. Exactly!
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• Seymour wrote:
    Fade wrote:
    5thgen wrote:We have good receivers. Wilson is too dependent on rollouts and broken plays. When defenses adjust for that, Wilson just runs around like a headless chicken.

Nailed it. Exactly!

Yep
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

It is currently Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:06 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information