Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is PC going to "lose the locker room" again?

The Original Seattle Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute for Seahawks Talk, News, Rumors, Trades, and Analytics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
  • By "lose the locker room" I mean have many top players tune out and end up leaving - Sherman, Thomas, Bennett, Lynch and I think it likely there's others we don't know about.

    If I was a player on today's offense I'd be embarrassed.
    If I was a player on today's defenese I'd be pissed.

    Lots of people are blaming Wilson or Oline or whatever, but this all boils down to PC.

    We have seen this same slow start, limited offense BS for years. It works good in the regular season but we now have 6 years of evidence that is an abysmal failure in the playoffs.

    The only exception was the beginning of this season when we saw PC let RW/Schotty loose and caught glimpses of what this offense could be. We all know that PC reined in the offense after RW's turnovers contributed to losses, but none of us know just why Schotty was unable to find any offensive success after that. Is he just not good enough, or did PC veto his modifications and schemes and insist it be done hardline PC method.

    All we know is that RW looked off and never could really gain any rhythm after that point. Is RW really that bad or did the coaches fail to implement a new/modified system in which he could be successful? If it was the coaches, how much was on Schotty and how much was on PC?

    I believe it all can be laid at PC's stubbornness and inability to adapt. Schotty showed early in the year that, given some leeway to deviate from PC's philosophy, he could create an effective system. I believe many of the players see it the same way.

    We've already gone through this once. I think it's going to happen again.

    After 6 seasons of failing to change a playoff losing philosophy, I think many players have had enough.

    I can see RW and DK saying f this and looking for a team that will work to maximize their skillset.

    I can see Seattle losing it's status as a preferred destination for free agents.

    I love Dunlap's open letter praising Seattle, but I wonder if that feeling will be changing - he came here to win playoff games at a bare minimum.

    I can see Jamal wanting mega-bucks to stay here rather than taking a team friendly deal to remain in hopes of a ring.

    I think this embarrassment of a game is going to cost the Seahawks organization much more than it may appear on the surface.
    Last edited by renofox on Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    renofox
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1442
    Joined: Sun May 10, 2009 2:20 pm
    Location: Reno, NV


  • If Paul Allen was alive, we would be searching for a Head Coach Monday
    ludakrishna
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1705
    Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 10:40 am
    Location: Washington DC


  • This was my first thought after the game. Well, after posting my rant in the shack that legitimately made me feel better. When we were getting to Super Bowls because of our defense, I feel like there was probably a lot of "allowance" given to Pete and the coaching staff for our laughably stupid offensive schemes, formations, and play calls. Now, I think there's a lot less patience for that kind of crap. Metcalf in particular, I have a feeling, will be making his voice heard. A lot. Probably behind closed doors and not publicly, but...

    I hope players can force some changes. Pete needs to stop having anything to do with the offense.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *
     
    Posts: 32116
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 9:39 am
    Location: North Miami Beach, FL


  • ludakrishna wrote:If Paul Allen was alive, we would be searching for a Head Coach Monday


    How can you be so sure about that?
    hawksfansince90
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 197
    Joined: Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:06 pm


  • Pete never regained the locker room, he just replaced everyone with "yes men" who won't call him on his crap like Beast Mode/Sherman/Bennett did but were run out of town and made out to be public enemy #1.
    hawksfansince90
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 197
    Joined: Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:06 pm


  • Outside of Wilson, DK, Myers, Dickson and Wagner there isn’t much of a locker room to lose. Adams maybe too but I think he’s hyped.
    NJlargent
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1954
    Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:02 pm


  • hawksfansince90 wrote:Pete never regained the locker room, he just replaced everyone with "yes men" who won't call him on his crap like Beast Mode/Sherman/Bennett did but were run out of town and made out to be public enemy #1.

    This right here . That INT in the super bowl was a spear into the heart and believe system he installed he had to empty the locker room and replace players to hand the team over to Wilson . This has been RWs team for 6 seasons and what they do does work kinda in the regular season but when the playoffs come round it doesn’t work at all . In fact it’s been terrible even abysmal. Pete is stubborn we will have the same team next year he won’t change .
    Last edited by hawkfannj on Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    hawkfannj
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3501
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:51 pm


  • hawksfansince90 wrote:
    ludakrishna wrote:If Paul Allen was alive, we would be searching for a Head Coach Monday


    How can you be so sure about that?


    He was always been bold and wanted to win no matter what. He realized his mistake with Mora and fired him. Same with NBA Blazers team. Schneider said he wanted a report card after every game and I don’t think Jody Allen is that way. No way that the product we saw over the last 10 weeks was acceptable to an owner wanting to win the super bowl. If the only concern was to make the playoffs and earn revenue, then I could see it. Paul wanted to be a champion. Jody Allen is an unknown.
    ludakrishna
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1705
    Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 10:40 am
    Location: Washington DC


  • hawkfannj wrote:
    hawksfansince90 wrote:Pete never regained the locker room, he just replaced everyone with "yes men" who won't call him on his crap like Beast Mode/Sherman/Bennett did but were run out of town and made out to be public enemy #1.

    This right here . That INT in the super bowl was a spear into the heart and believe system he installed he had to empty the locker room and replace players to hand the team over to Wilson . This has been RWs team for 6 seasons and what they do does work kinda in the regular season but when the playoffs come round it doesn’t work at all . In fact it’s been terrible even abysmal. Pete is stubborn we will have the same team next year he won’t change .



    Really has it been Wilson's team? We still only look for and get run blockers, we still only run a predictable offense most of the time. We still run the way PC wants.
    John63
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4005
    Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:56 pm


  • Hopefully.

    We need DK to lead the mutiny if Wilson won't.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4795
    Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:48 pm


  • ludakrishna wrote:If Paul Allen was alive, we would be searching for a Head Coach Monday


    No he wouldn't. His passion was never for football. Basketball, yes. But football was a civic duty and business decision.
    kf3339
    Platinum Supporter
    Platinum Supporter
     
    Posts: 3396
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:52 pm


  • TwistedHusky wrote:Hopefully.

    We need DK to lead the mutiny if Wilson won't.
    Should DK start reading a book during Pete team meeting ?
    Aw Mang
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 225
    Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:12 pm


  • ludakrishna wrote:
    hawksfansince90 wrote:
    ludakrishna wrote:If Paul Allen was alive, we would be searching for a Head Coach Monday


    How can you be so sure about that?


    He was always been bold and wanted to win no matter what. He realized his mistake with Mora and fired him. Same with NBA Blazers team. Schneider said he wanted a report card after every game and I don’t think Jody Allen is that way. No way that the product we saw over the last 10 weeks was acceptable to an owner wanting to win the super bowl. If the only concern was to make the playoffs and earn revenue, then I could see it. Paul wanted to be a champion. Jody Allen is an unknown.


    PA wasn't the one that fired Mora. The team president at the time felt Mora was a mistake and convinced Paul Allen it was best to fire him. If you ever watched Paul Allen he knew very little about the game. I appreciated PA for buying the team and keeping the Hawks in Seattle. But he was at best an absentee owner. His sister is not better
    kf3339
    Platinum Supporter
    Platinum Supporter
     
    Posts: 3396
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:52 pm


  • give John Schneider carte blanche and see what happens.
    Danny Darko
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 426
    Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:45 pm


  • RolandDeschain wrote:This was my first thought after the game. Well, after posting my rant in the shack that legitimately made me feel better. When we were getting to Super Bowls because of our defense, I feel like there was probably a lot of "allowance" given to Pete and the coaching staff for our laughably stupid offensive schemes, formations, and play calls. Now, I think there's a lot less patience for that kind of crap. Metcalf in particular, I have a feeling, will be making his voice heard. A lot. Probably behind closed doors and not publicly, but...

    I hope players can force some changes. Pete needs to stop having anything to do with the offense.
    This 100%.

    Like many a Seahawks fan, I wanted Darrell Bevell replaced badly for what I felt like was a terrible job as an OC. (Which I felt followed after a thoroughly mediocre job by Jeremy Bates in the same position in Carroll's first year.) But now, I feel like our problems stem directly from Carroll's philosophy.

    Carroll's strongest ability as a coach seems to be his ability to recognize talent and get players to buy into his 'competition' philosophy... he's great at personnel. But when the whistle blows and the game starts, I don't think I've ever seen a coach on any level who is so utterly incompetent at directing his team, managing the game, and putting his players into a position to win.

    When Carroll got all those guys in the LOB to buy into his philosophy, when he harnessed the chips on the shoulders of guys like Sherman, when he saw that Russell Wilson was the way to go instead of Matt Flynn (much to my chagrin at the time), his positives outweighed all the negatives (by a lot).

    Carroll put a team on the field that was so talented that all he needed to do as a coach was say 'go out there and win'... and if he made all the dumb challenges in the world, wasted his timeouts at the most inexplicable moments, or decided the best possible time to use all the trick plays in our offense was solely during games where we were already up by double digits (as though he still thought he was in college where running up the score mattered), everybody ignored it because those guys on the field WOULD go out and win.

    That all came crashing to a halt in Super Bowl XLIX and suddenly Pete's flaws became all too apparent to too many guys in the locker room. Suddenly Pete's skills as a 'players coach' couldn't overcome the doubt about his decision making during the game. In one play, his ability to get by simply by telling his guys to just 'go out there and win' was gone. A game like today creates the same problem.

    Yeah, a guy like DK Metcalf of course loves Pete for brining him in and recognizing his talent that other teams missed...but so did Richard Sherman. I think there is a very good chance Carroll did lose this locker room today, and if he doesn't do something to earn their trust back, we could be looking at a long, difficult, couple of seasons.
    DarkVictory23
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 37
    Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:45 pm


  • hawksfansince90 wrote:
    ludakrishna wrote:If Paul Allen was alive, we would be searching for a Head Coach Monday


    How can you be so sure about that?


    Agreed here. I don't think winning SBs was a passion for him. Pete is still a winning coach and brings in $$$ with a winning product (just one that will probably never sniff the SB or even NFCCG again).
    ZagHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1691
    Joined: Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:42 pm




It is currently Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:34 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]




Information
  • Who is online