Do you think Russ and PC are having issues?

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Russ saying i wish we could of ran uptempo like 1st half of year and Pete saying i wish we could of figured defenses out.

I feel like some stuff is happening behind the scene.

renofox

Reaction score
I think RW is extremely unhappy with PC but will put on a happy face and play good soldier until his contract expires. It's also possible he has his agent contact other teams on the down-low and, if he finds a better situation, asks to be traded.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I sincerely hope and pray that Russell is having issues with Pete and that he does something about it.

renofox

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":mykf1cui said:
I sincerely hope and pray that Russell is having issues with Pete and that he does something about it.

He tried that last offseason.

PC let him and Schotty have at least a little rein, but choked that off after a couple of not-so-great games.

Went to hardline Peteball which saw the offense get steadily worse but PC never had the idea to maybe loosen up a little bit.

I think PC had to LetRussCook but was just waiting for a 2 turnover loss so he could take it right back where he felt comfortable and will not think of significantly changing anything again.

RW so wants outta here.

John63

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":2ez92l3t said:
Russ saying i wish we could of ran uptempo like 1st half of year and Pete saying i wish we could of figured defenses out.

I feel like some stuff is happening behind the scene.

I belive this is correct. After game 5, we lost our tbs, and 2 of our olineman and our defense looked bad. There were changes made to the offense. Little uptempo. Little motion,, and alot of snapping with 5 or less seconds.. in others words a step to same old. Then when we got our rbs back and then we went full on same old same old. PC did this in 2015. We lost lynch and went to a quick passing passing attack went 7-1 and as soon as lynch came back, wr went back to same old and were out of playoffs.

hoxrox

Reaction score
There's an identity crisis of how they wanted to play on offense. Let Russ Cook versus Russ gets Picked.

And they were not able to find the optimal balance, even with healthy running backs.

ducks41468

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":27kxblmy said:

This. An actual rift is our best chance at an offensive overhaul. That being said, no, they're both complicit in this, or Russ is just too much of a pushover/company man/well paid to do anything about it.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Wilson lost his legacy today and most of his legend.

Part of that is his fault and part is Pete's.

But the people around him are likely going to blame Pete. He will hear the whispers and start to believe it.

Pete is either gone or Wilson is. Not sure it matters.

The Seahawks are done. Our window to fix this was over the moment we extended Pete.

Pete made this team look better than it was. Then he made it play worse than it was once it hit the playoffs.

Like always. That is what Pete does. He builds programs up with great talent and then he squanders it.

renofox

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":l4p3nzrk said:

But the people around him are likely going to blame Pete. He will hear the whispers and start to believe it.

The Seahawks are done. Our window to fix this was over the moment we extended Pete.

Pete made this team look better than it was. Then he made it play worse than it was once it hit the playoffs.

Like always. That is what Pete does. He builds programs up with great talent and then he squanders it.

Someone with a good understanding of group dynamics and psychology.

You're right. I believe that PC has lost the elite members of this team. Older players will play along and get paid til they retire. Younger players aren't going to re-sign unless for team-busting mega deals.

RW will probably play out his contract but may start looking for a way out - I don't see him "betraying" PC by starting shit in the media or behind his back or anything. He'll play good soldier until he can get the f out of here.

mistaowen

Reaction score
I just don't see Pete changing at this point unfortunately. His way has worked and the team is competitive every year but we're hitting that Mike McCarthy/Marvin Lewis point where it's likely they make the playoffs but there's clearly problems. Being routinely outcoached in far too common. I would love to be shocked that he steps back and realizes new coaching is desperately needed but I just don't see him doing it. It'll be Schotty and KNJ again with the tree of Pete Carroll at all positional staff. It'll be the same stagnant offense that only can move the ball when Russ is running around with broken plays because they can't scheme anyone open.

Russell was pretty open about wanting superstars around him last year and whether it was due to the defense being so horrible they had to be explosive or Pete actually listened, they looked like a new offense weeks 1-5. Then turnovers happened, teams simply went to cover2/4, and Pete put a stop to "Let Russ Cook". He wants to win SB's and grow his brand. He isn't going to be happy playing in a neutered, conservative, slow tempo style that wants to grind out final drive 17-13 wins. I don't want Pete to go but it's more than overdue for him to adapt on offense and I can't see Russell being happy with what we saw the last 8+ weeks. Paying a guy top dollar shouldn't have the expectation of point guard Russ who goes 17-20 for 195 yards and 2 TD's at year 9 of his career.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
The thing is when Russell was cookin’ the defense was terrible.

And when the defense improved, Carroll decided to put the restraints on Wilson again.

The best of Wilson and the defense never played the same game together.

Go figure.

DJ_CJ

Reaction score
Game plan and lack of adjustments period. A team you see twice a year knowing their strengths yet pull same thing over and over. That game as much as I knew was going to be ugly and unfortunately could definitely see a loss coming, sitting through that was brutal. I’m more disgusted by that performance than losing the back to back SB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kf3339

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2d21c48s said:

So true.

John63

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3nv4nroz said:

I agree with most but Wilson did not loose his legacy at all.

Latest posts