I'm strangely relieved

Teahawks

Reaction score
I have a text thread with some buds that's several years long about the Hawks and Seattle sports. Often after wins I post a LOTR gif of Gandalf telling Pippen "There was never any hope, just a fool's hope".

And that's how I've felt this entire season. Of course I wanted to see a W today, but I knew even if it happened we'd get bounced by GB or NO in a heartbeat. No doubt. And, sorry to be Doug Peterson, but I play the long game. It does hurt what tiny draft capital we have.

Better to get called out and get it out of the way now instead of get our hopes up. Sorry, had to say it.

Anyone else feel this way?

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
No. And especially this season. If we won today, who knows what happens after that. Aaron Rodgers' arm could fall off, Drew Brees and his entire RB & WR room could catch covid, etc. Just ******* play smart football in the moment and win to fight another battle next week. It's not that hard of a concept to grasp.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
hgwellz12":2tlc48as said:
No. And especially this season. If we won today, who knows what happens after that. Aaron Rodgers' arm could fall off, Drew Brees and his entire RB & WR room could catch covid, etc. Just f*** play smart football in the moment and win to fight another battle next week. It's not that hard of a concept to grasp.
I would have much rather have faced any NFC team other than the Rams in these playoffs.

Rams are just better game planners than Seattle is when they go head to head.

It’s actually embarrassing how much more prepared they are than Carroll is.

But we’ll never know what could have been now.

pinksheets

Reaction score
This season was stressful and full of frustration. I'd prefer to keep moving forward, but the one upside is I won't scare the cat on Sundays when I scream in agony for a while.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
pinksheets":34kbfit3 said:
This season was stressful and full of frustration. I'd prefer to keep moving forward, but the one upside is I won't scare the cat on Sundays when I scream in agony for a while.

There wasn't a single game this season after we bopped ATL that I can remember not asking "why am I putting myself through this much stress?"