I'm Happy the Hawks Lost This Game

falcongoggles

Reaction score
If we are being honest with ourselves, the Hawks weren't going anywhere with this dysfunctional offense. You knew it, I knew it, our eyeballs confirmed it.

Had the Hawks won

1) We would be keeping PC here even longer

2) We would have less motivation to examine coordinators/philosophies

3) We would've been exposed by the Saints or Packers

4) We would've lost draft positions. I can already feel the hate for this, but this...team...was...not...SB bound...period

The team earned this loss, this team deserved this loss, something has to change.

OP
OP
falcongoggles

falcongoggles

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":7tbnp5i6 said:
You are your team lost in the playoffs?

Reading the lines between this broken sentence, I think you are asking if I'm happy they lost.

Yes, I look at long-term goals, not short-term sugar highs.

This current iteration of the team, led by PC, is not viable to win a SB. We/hawks fan are stuck in a no-man's land of being good enough to make the playoffs, but unable to make it to and win the SB.

When Denver lost the SB to the Hawks, they fired their head coach. They went on to win a SB a few years later while they still had a franchise QB. Yes, they are currently a dumpster fire, but they don't have a franchise QB anymore.

So to recap, we have a franchise QB, being held back by a head coach, that is capable of getting to the playoffs, but not winning or win one and done. I'm not satisfied with getting to the playoffs and losing, not with this talent on the restore.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Pete isn't great at self reflection.

I guess there is a chance he will make changes but it is only marginally more than if he plodded through a win and lost next week.

Won't hold my breath.

OP
OP
falcongoggles

falcongoggles

Reaction score
[urlTargetBlank][/urlTargetBlank]
Smellyman":164xlkum said:
Pete isn't great at self reflection.

I guess there is a chance he will make changes but it is only marginally more than if he plodded through a win and lost next week.

Won't hold my breath.

It won't be Pete's choice for him to move on, so every time the team faceplants, it exposes him further and eeks us near the post-PC era.

Prove me wrong Pete, but this team has one playoff game since 2014, against a backup QB in Philly.

Lawke

Reaction score
Youre happy that the team lost? I mean, i understand thinking they earned the loss the way they played...but being happy about? And youre reasoning being that its going to cause a shake up? What makes you so sure there will be any sort of shake up? What other owners and teams have done when not meeting their standards of success dont really have any sort of bearing on how they (being the trust/allens sister that controls the seahawks) will handle the current situation of the seahawks and PC.

So to recap, we have a head coach who has final say in all things, who was just given an extension this year, who has a track record of being the most successful coach in franchise history, who rightly or wrongly can point to Russ as the reason the offense did poorly, as well as pointing to the hawks improved play (albeit vs terrible QBs) and use both as reasoning to keep schotty and KNJ. and as much as fans may hate it, there isnt really much we can do about that.

Also, you can point to denver, while i could easily point to philly with reid, green bay with mccarthy, bengals with lewis, and probably even throw dungy in indy in there given he had manning. Thats just off the top of my head of franchises that had some success and kept the coach around probably longer than they should have if their goal was to win or go to multiple superbowls. Only real way i see any super drastic changing is if the rumors of detroit wanting JS are true and he decides thats what he wants, paired with pete deciding hes done with russ or russ deciding hes done with pete. Altho the latter seems unlikely unless maybe Russ' camp convinces himself otherwise.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
falcongoggles":1tb0abd6 said:
If we are being honest with ourselves, the Hawks weren't going anywhere with this dysfunctional offense. You knew it, I knew it, our eyeballs confirmed it.

Had the Hawks won

Pete just re signed. He isn't going anywhere.

Pete has a history of staying the path and is loyal to his staff. He also is incapable of change. He won't examine shit.

100 percent

4) We would've lost draft positions. I can already feel the hate for this, but this...team...was...not...SB bound...period

We already lost draft positions in that trade for Adams who I think will be a rental.

The team earned this loss, this team deserved this loss, something has to change

Nothing will change. Its the same team that plays down to inferior opposition every year...has this weird belief of only trying to win in the 4th quarter....never changes its coaching philosophy...can't draft and has to rely on other teams to develop players that we trade an enormous sum for...and the key positions of talent are getting older. While I agree most teams would change up something...based on history they will do nothing...

Scorpion05

Reaction score
The Rams were the last team I wanted to face, more than the Packers or Saints. This team has just not been able to adjust to them since Pete has been here. It’s maddening

5thgen

Reaction score
Considering their qb only has 4 throwing fingers, the rams was the best chance we got to make it to the next round.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Scorpion05":2huq4prn said:
The Rams were the last team I wanted to face, more than the Packers or Saints. This team has just not been able to adjust to them since Pete has been here. It’s maddening

The Rams have had how many different head coaches during Pete's tenure at Seattle? And the Ram's overall record during that time is...?
Pete didn't lose the game for us. Russ didn't lose the game for us. We beat the Rams 2 weeks ago. The Ram team beat us yesterday. Give em the credit they deserve and work to get better.
Our roster is too top heavy in cap. Those guys need to make a choice, make more money or WIN.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
falcongoggles":13vcnho1 said:

Had the Hawks won

The team earned this loss, this team deserved this loss, something has to change.

You think something is going to change? OK. They just extended Pete. Unless someone hires Norton or Schottenheimer as a their head coach, the coaching staff will be exactly the same.

LTH

Reaction score
Scorpion05":2qccw5zl said:

I would agree with that... That Rams D is a tough unit no question about that...I think this one falls on schotty a bit...do I think he needs to be fired? no...I think the Hawks need to put some draft capital in the trenches...especially the OL...If it were me I would have run the ball way more as the Hawks were not able to protect Wilson...

LTH

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Scorpion05":1bbwrf9o said:
Seattle would have lost yesterday no matter who they were playing.
Schotty would have been just as shitty no matter the opponent.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
Seanhawk":29p8sa94 said:
falcongoggles":29p8sa94 said:

Had the Hawks won

You think something is going to change? OK. They just extended Pete. Unless someone hires Norton or Schottenheimer as a their head coach, the coaching staff will be exactly the same.
Nothing is gonna change
“ my brain has no room for this” in the presser tells it all

JustTheTip

Reaction score
I think that Pete succeeds in completely tearing down what he built here before he leaves. Put the franchise exactly where it was right before he was hired.

If he had moved to the front office only and allowed Schneider to bring in a new coaching staff in 2015 or 2016 his legacy would have been turning the Seahawks into a premier NFL franchise. Now it will be the Super Bowl win, the idiot decision for the Super Bowl loss, and tearing the franchise back down again.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
JustTheTip":2zyvosh6 said:
I think that Pete succeeds in completely tearing down what he built here before he leaves. Put the franchise exactly where it was right before he was hired.

If he had moved to the front office only and allowed Schneider to bring in a new coaching staff in 2015 or 2016 his legacy would have been turning the Seahawks into a premier NFL franchise. Now it will be the Super Bowl win, the idiot decision for the Super Bowl loss, and tearing the franchise back down again.

Yep. He'll probably leave us how he left USC: in shambles

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Re: I'm Happy the Hawks Lost This Game

Holy Crow! :177692: :pukeface:

Give me a break, what freaking rubbish. The hyperbole around here is almost childish. Let's blame someone, fire Pete, trade Wilson, Wagner, tie a can on Norton. Blah, blah, blah.

In case we failed to notice the Rams have the #1 D in football, they stopped everything the team tried and the OLine was again exposed as unable to protect RW who was sacked 5 X yesterday. The OC had few adjustments and the D could not tackle well against the run.

The game was over by halftime in case anyone also failed to notice. it was hard to watch the lack of answers from the O.

The team had a tough schedule this season and still only lost 5 games all season. The team won the division and it's the best division in football with a 12-4 regular season record. For all the let Russ cook stuff early the team had attached to it offensive expectations which were cancelled by weak D. it was only after the D was protected by slowing down the O the reliable winning began but they were shaky and unreliable on O then. in the nd we all thought they could be better than they actually were.

i'm still a fan of the team and disappointed today, but overall it was a good season.

rsRyno

Reaction score
I am not happy we lost, but I do think it could be a good thing if Carroll can pull his head out of his butt. Things need to change. They don’t change because Carroll always says that regardless of the visual struggles we still win the game, and that’s all that matters to him. That creates a culture of staying unprepared, not making adjustments, not being held accountable, and not fixing what is wrong. I love that we win games and go to the playoffs, but these wins in the regular season could easily be losses and turn in to those in the the playoffs when playing better coached, more prepared teams. I hope this loss allows for self reflection, by coaches and players, but history shows us that at least for Carroll it doesn’t change a thing. And that’s incredibly sad to me.

Highpitch

Reaction score
Can you explain this to a lowly suffering jet fan?

You guys have a fqb AND a great coach. But, you complain and want them gone.

Struggling teams would give theiir left nut for either.

So who ois the coach you want? Who is the qb you want? Are they available? Reallistic?