Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I'm Happy the Hawks Lost This Game

The Original Seattle Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute for Seahawks Talk, News, Rumors, Trades, and Analytics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
I'm Happy the Hawks Lost This Game
Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:49 am
  • If we are being honest with ourselves, the Hawks weren't going anywhere with this dysfunctional offense. You knew it, I knew it, our eyeballs confirmed it.

Had the Hawks won

1) We would be keeping PC here even longer

2) We would have less motivation to examine coordinators/philosophies

3) We would've been exposed by the Saints or Packers

4) We would've lost draft positions. I can already feel the hate for this, but this...team...was...not...SB bound...period

The team earned this loss, this team deserved this loss, something has to change.
    falcongoggles
    NET Veteran

Re: I'm Happy the Hawks Lost This Game
Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:02 am
  • You are your team lost in the playoffs?
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:29 am
  • Shanegotyou11 wrote:You are your team lost in the playoffs?

Reading the lines between this broken sentence, I think you are asking if I'm happy they lost.

Yes, I look at long-term goals, not short-term sugar highs.

This current iteration of the team, led by PC, is not viable to win a SB. We/hawks fan are stuck in a no-man's land of being good enough to make the playoffs, but unable to make it to and win the SB.

When Denver lost the SB to the Hawks, they fired their head coach. They went on to win a SB a few years later while they still had a franchise QB. Yes, they are currently a dumpster fire, but they don't have a franchise QB anymore.

So to recap, we have a franchise QB, being held back by a head coach, that is capable of getting to the playoffs, but not winning or win one and done. I'm not satisfied with getting to the playoffs and losing, not with this talent on the restore.
    falcongoggles
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:56 am
  • Pete isn't great at self reflection.

I guess there is a chance he will make changes but it is only marginally more than if he plodded through a win and lost next week.

Won't hold my breath.
    Smellyman
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:03 am
  • [urlTargetBlank][/urlTargetBlank]
    Smellyman wrote:Pete isn't great at self reflection.

I guess there is a chance he will make changes but it is only marginally more than if he plodded through a win and lost next week.

Won't hold my breath.

It won't be Pete's choice for him to move on, so every time the team faceplants, it exposes him further and eeks us near the post-PC era.

Prove me wrong Pete, but this team has one playoff game since 2014, against a backup QB in Philly.
    falcongoggles
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:09 am
  • Youre happy that the team lost? I mean, i understand thinking they earned the loss the way they played...but being happy about? And youre reasoning being that its going to cause a shake up? What makes you so sure there will be any sort of shake up? What other owners and teams have done when not meeting their standards of success dont really have any sort of bearing on how they (being the trust/allens sister that controls the seahawks) will handle the current situation of the seahawks and PC.

So to recap, we have a head coach who has final say in all things, who was just given an extension this year, who has a track record of being the most successful coach in franchise history, who rightly or wrongly can point to Russ as the reason the offense did poorly, as well as pointing to the hawks improved play (albeit vs terrible QBs) and use both as reasoning to keep schotty and KNJ. and as much as fans may hate it, there isnt really much we can do about that.

Also, you can point to denver, while i could easily point to philly with reid, green bay with mccarthy, bengals with lewis, and probably even throw dungy in indy in there given he had manning. Thats just off the top of my head of franchises that had some success and kept the coach around probably longer than they should have if their goal was to win or go to multiple superbowls. Only real way i see any super drastic changing is if the rumors of detroit wanting JS are true and he decides thats what he wants, paired with pete deciding hes done with russ or russ deciding hes done with pete. Altho the latter seems unlikely unless maybe Russ' camp convinces himself otherwise.
    Lawke
    NET Bench Warmer

Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:05 am
  • falcongoggles wrote:If we are being honest with ourselves, the Hawks weren't going anywhere with this dysfunctional offense. You knew it, I knew it, our eyeballs confirmed it.

Had the Hawks won

Pete just re signed. He isn't going anywhere.

Pete has a history of staying the path and is loyal to his staff. He also is incapable of change. He won't examine $h!t.

100 percent

4) We would've lost draft positions. I can already feel the hate for this, but this...team...was...not...SB bound...period

We already lost draft positions in that trade for Adams who I think will be a rental.

The team earned this loss, this team deserved this loss, something has to change

Nothing will change. Its the same team that plays down to inferior opposition every year...has this weird belief of only trying to win in the 4th quarter....never changes its coaching philosophy...can't draft and has to rely on other teams to develop players that we trade an enormous sum for...and the key positions of talent are getting older. While I agree most teams would change up something...based on history they will do nothing...

Cyrus12
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:23 am
  • Nothing will change no matter how many games we lose
    ducks41468
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:25 am
  • The Rams were the last team I wanted to face, more than the Packers or Saints. This team has just not been able to adjust to them since Pete has been here. It’s maddening
    Scorpion05
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:31 am
  • Considering their qb only has 4 throwing fingers, the rams was the best chance we got to make it to the next round.
    5thgen
    NET Bench Warmer

Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:29 am
  • Scorpion05 wrote:The Rams were the last team I wanted to face, more than the Packers or Saints. This team has just not been able to adjust to them since Pete has been here. It’s maddening

The Rams have had how many different head coaches during Pete's tenure at Seattle? And the Ram's overall record during that time is...?
    Pete didn't lose the game for us. Russ didn't lose the game for us. We beat the Rams 2 weeks ago. The Ram team beat us yesterday. Give em the credit they deserve and work to get better.
    Our roster is too top heavy in cap. Those guys need to make a choice, make more money or WIN.
    Appyhawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Location: Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montana.

Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:54 am
  • falcongoggles wrote:If we are being honest with ourselves, the Hawks weren't going anywhere with this dysfunctional offense. You knew it, I knew it, our eyeballs confirmed it.

Had the Hawks won

The team earned this loss, this team deserved this loss, something has to change.

You think something is going to change? OK. They just extended Pete. Unless someone hires Norton or Schottenheimer as a their head coach, the coaching staff will be exactly the same.
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:02 pm
  • Scorpion05 wrote:The Rams were the last team I wanted to face, more than the Packers or Saints. This team has just not been able to adjust to them since Pete has been here. It’s maddening

I would agree with that... That Rams D is a tough unit no question about that...I think this one falls on schotty a bit...do I think he needs to be fired? no...I think the Hawks need to put some draft capital in the trenches...especially the OL...If it were me I would have run the ball way more as the Hawks were not able to protect Wilson...

LTH
    LTH
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:52 pm

Seattle would have lost yesterday no matter who they were playing.
    Schotty would have been just as $h!t no matter the opponent.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:57 pm
  • Seanhawk wrote:
    falcongoggles wrote:If we are being honest with ourselves, the Hawks weren't going anywhere with this dysfunctional offense. You knew it, I knew it, our eyeballs confirmed it.

Had the Hawks won

You think something is going to change? OK. They just extended Pete. Unless someone hires Norton or Schottenheimer as a their head coach, the coaching staff will be exactly the same.

Nothing is gonna change
    “ my brain has no room for this” in the presser tells it all
    hawkfannj
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:05 pm
  • I think that Pete succeeds in completely tearing down what he built here before he leaves. Put the franchise exactly where it was right before he was hired.

If he had moved to the front office only and allowed Schneider to bring in a new coaching staff in 2015 or 2016 his legacy would have been turning the Seahawks into a premier NFL franchise. Now it will be the Super Bowl win, the idiot decision for the Super Bowl loss, and tearing the franchise back down again.
    JustTheTip
    Platinum Supporter
    Platinum Supporter

Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:11 pm
  • JustTheTip wrote:I think that Pete succeeds in completely tearing down what he built here before he leaves. Put the franchise exactly where it was right before he was hired.

If he had moved to the front office only and allowed Schneider to bring in a new coaching staff in 2015 or 2016 his legacy would have been turning the Seahawks into a premier NFL franchise. Now it will be the Super Bowl win, the idiot decision for the Super Bowl loss, and tearing the franchise back down again.

Yep. He'll probably leave us how he left USC: in shambles
    Jerhawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:15 pm
  • Re: I'm Happy the Hawks Lost This Game

Holy Crow! :177692: :pukeface:

Give me a break, what freaking rubbish. The hyperbole around here is almost childish. Let's blame someone, fire Pete, trade Wilson, Wagner, tie a can on Norton. Blah, blah, blah.

In case we failed to notice the Rams have the #1 D in football, they stopped everything the team tried and the OLine was again exposed as unable to protect RW who was sacked 5 X yesterday. The OC had few adjustments and the D could not tackle well against the run.

The game was over by halftime in case anyone also failed to notice. it was hard to watch the lack of answers from the O.

The team had a tough schedule this season and still only lost 5 games all season. The team won the division and it's the best division in football with a 12-4 regular season record. For all the let Russ cook stuff early the team had attached to it offensive expectations which were cancelled by weak D. it was only after the D was protected by slowing down the O the reliable winning began but they were shaky and unreliable on O then. in the nd we all thought they could be better than they actually were.

i'm still a fan of the team and disappointed today, but overall it was a good season.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:21 pm
  • I am not happy we lost, but I do think it could be a good thing if Carroll can pull his head out of his butt. Things need to change. They don’t change because Carroll always says that regardless of the visual struggles we still win the game, and that’s all that matters to him. That creates a culture of staying unprepared, not making adjustments, not being held accountable, and not fixing what is wrong. I love that we win games and go to the playoffs, but these wins in the regular season could easily be losses and turn in to those in the the playoffs when playing better coached, more prepared teams. I hope this loss allows for self reflection, by coaches and players, but history shows us that at least for Carroll it doesn’t change a thing. And that’s incredibly sad to me.
    rsRyno
    NET Practice Squad

Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:26 pm
  • Can you explain this to a lowly suffering jet fan?

You guys have a fqb AND a great coach. But, you complain and want them gone.

Struggling teams would give theiir left nut for either.

So who ois the coach you want? Who is the qb you want? Are they available? Reallistic?
    Highpitch
    NET Bench Warmer

Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:32 pm
  • jammerhawk wrote:Re: I'm Happy the Hawks Lost This Game

Holy Crow! :177692: :pukeface:

Give me a break, what freaking rubbish. The hyperbole around here is almost childish. Let's blame someone, fire Pete, trade Wilson, Wagner, tie a can on Norton. Blah, blah, blah.

In case we failed to notice the Rams have the #1 D in football, they stopped everything the team tried and the OLine was again exposed as unable to protect RW who was sacked 5 X yesterday. The OC had few adjustments and the D could not tackle well against the run.

The game was over by halftime in case anyone also failed to notice. it was hard to watch the lack of answers from the O.

The team had a tough schedule this season and still only lost 5 games all season. The team won the division and it's the best division in football with a 12-4 regular season record. For all the let Russ cook stuff early the team had attached to it offensive expectations which were cancelled by weak D. it was only after the D was protected by slowing down the O the reliable winning began but they were shaky and unreliable on O then. in the nd we all thought they could be better than they actually were.

i'm still a fan of the team and disappointed today, but overall it was a good season.

The discussions in this thread are not about this game or even about this season.

It is about a lack of confidence in the ability of Pete to admit his mistakes or adapt.
    It is a concern that in fear of what would come next of we moved on we accept a cheap facade of winning even if the football being played is poor and not entertaining.
    It is about concern over what condition Pete is going to leave this franchise in if this continues (hint, it could very well be were it was right before he started.)

The problem wouldn't be slowing down the offense if it was done creatively. Also, the team did not win any more reliably when that occured. But doing things like snapping the ball under 3 seconds on the play clock gives the opposing defense all the advantage:
    1) Allows the defense to rest between plays
    2) Allows the defense time to study the formation
    3) Allows the defensive front to easily time their rushes
    4) Denies the offense any ability to develop rythm and pick up momentum
    5) Either:
    a) Forces the OL to stay static for extended periods of time, increasing false starts (in the case of getting to the line with more than 10 seconds)
    b) Limits the ability of the QB to diagnose the defense and change the play if necessary (in the case of the QB not even getting the play call until the play clock is in the mid teens.)
    JustTheTip
    Platinum Supporter
    Platinum Supporter

Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:33 pm
  • Theres an old saying about the grass being greener and it couldnt be much truer here. Reminds me of how the pats fans are melting down these days. You guys are and have been post season staples for a long time even a sb win not that long ago.

Perspective fellas
    Highpitch
    NET Bench Warmer

Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:34 pm
  • Highpitch wrote:Can you explain this to a lowly suffering jet fan?

You guys have a fqb AND a great coach. But, you complain and want them gone.

Struggling teams would give theiir left nut for either.

So who ois the coach you want? Who is the qb you want? Are they available? Reallistic?

I would take the Jamal Adams draft picks back for Pete.

Who am I kidding, I would send more draft picks your way for you to take Pete.
    JustTheTip
    Platinum Supporter
    Platinum Supporter

Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:37 pm
  • Highpitch wrote:Theres an old saying about the grass being greener and it couldnt be much truer here. Reminds me of how the pats fans are melting down these days. You guys are and have been post season staples for a long time even a sb win not that long ago.

Perspective fellas

With some guys here it is wizards chess. Pete is Ron Wiesley....and they want to sacrifice him to get to the Sorcerers stone. They only see the stone as the final piece...not the graduation and playing the all 3 years to graduation. With all teams, the ONLY prize is the Lombardi. It is not the struggle with new players fitting positions and their growth into that position....it is the final football of crystal.

Having a great coach with a plan and not having the personnel fit that plan is difficult. That is what happened here. The Legion of Boom is gone. We are trying to fill that layer of shoes. Purple People Eaters are gone....LOB is Gone. But we can use that as a template and try to make it work. We need more personnel that fit a set of statistics and see if they work out. That is the best we can do.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:34 pm
  • Pete is 70.

He is a program builder.

He could potentially, in a few years, build this team into what he wants.

Then he will probably have to step down, because he will be too old. So he will never be able to do anything with the team he built, just be left with years of squandered opportunity with Wilson.

Meanwhile Wilson will be older. And close to past his prime. With years more of bad habits firmly ingrained while never quite getting the full opportunity to learn to be better under a competent coordinator or game plan.

There is no upside with Pete. Even if you want to do the 'graduation' thing with him, in the Harry Potter analogy, he comes with no upside. All he does is use finite years of productivity with your top tier QB while delivering nothing in the postseason.

And when the team issues are finally addressed? Wilson will be out of his prime and the team will be completely crafted to be effective for a Carroll that is no longer there.

To say nothing of the years of squandered draft picks that decimate the potential future of this team. We already went all in this year for little reason, and it is doubtful we will keep Dunlap and Adams.

There is no improving things under Pete. There is only treading water and more of the same. If anything, this WAS the good year. Normally the 49ers would own this division which we only won because of their rash of injuries.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:48 pm
  • Main problem, that we should all know was coming. Russ Wilson's contract. Sucked up all the money to build a team. The reason we were able to build the LOB was all the cash. Is this a surprise to anybody? C'mon man. Tom Brady deferred his cash for the good of the team. That's how they kept on top of the heap. C'mon Russ. Do the same, or we're gonna be stuck in this BS middling ground forever!
    BlueThunder
    *Net Enemy Forum Guy*

Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:51 pm
  • TwistedHusky wrote:Pete is 70.

He is a program builder.

He could potentially, in a few years, build this team into what he wants.

Then he will probably have to step down, because he will be too old. So he will never be able to do anything with the team he built, just be left with years of squandered opportunity with Wilson.

Meanwhile Wilson will be older. And close to past his prime. With years more of bad habits firmly ingrained while never quite getting the full opportunity to learn to be better under a competent coordinator or game plan.

There is no upside with Pete. Even if you want to do the 'graduation' thing with him, in the Harry Potter analogy, he comes with no upside. All he does is use finite years of productivity with your top tier QB while delivering nothing in the postseason.

And when the team issues are finally addressed? Wilson will be out of his prime and the team will be completely crafted to be effective for a Carroll that is no longer there.

To say nothing of the years of squandered draft picks that decimate the potential future of this team. We already went all in this year for little reason, and it is doubtful we will keep Dunlap and Adams.

There is no improving things under Pete. There is only treading water and more of the same. If anything, this WAS the good year. Normally the 49ers would own this division which we only won because of their rash of injuries.

I would only ask...the tools we added this year in the middle of the season that have produced like Dunlap and Adams...if they stick around....do we not have a couple more years of opportunity to achieve at least the Conference Championship? I dont know if they can win it, but at least achieve it....???
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:39 pm
  • I dont understand the happiness in the loss. We invested a ton of time, energy and money in building this team to what it is. If we get decent play from the QB position yesterday, we win. We didn't, so now all that investment is for nothing.

To think it will somehow result in us being better off because PC will get fired, step aside or some other major change will occur is just foolish. This team COULD have won more this season and should have. We will all be best served to let them fix whatever it is that's throwing away games (and seasons) and hopefully come back stronger. We don't need a new QB, we need better QB play. We don't need new coaches. We need more accountability between coaches and players. And no player should be beyond criticism, regardless of how much money they make.
    keasley45
    NET Starter

Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:51 pm
  • The team went 12-4 in the most difficult division in football. They played a bad game and will sit out January football.

No, I don't support the notion that it's better to lose. And I think we're going to be fine going forward.
    CHawkTailGator
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:45 pm

Had the Hawks won

You have to much hope things will change. For the next 4 years I bet we are one and done or possibly missing the playoffs. We won’t win anything with this offense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HawkinNY
    NET Veteran

It is currently Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:00 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information