Glorified game manager....

RCATES

Reaction score
Remember all the talking heads back in 2012-2014 saying this when we had the LOB. Defense was carrying the team according to them and Russ was just average. Well several years now down the road since the LOB’s departure it’s looks like they were right. Russ is just average. Not going to ever carry a team. At least not on a consistent basis. This year is a perfect example. Not MVP material. Not consistently good. 100% not Elite. Back to your podcast Russ.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I'm not even sure he is a glorified game manager anymore..
He can't escape or move like he used to that made him so
dangerous..
He's 33 next season..I guess I can blame PC right?

PNW

Reaction score
He’s paid like the best QB in football, if he’s just a glorified game manager falling out of his prime then we all have a huge problem. At least he can go back to his podcast and perfume launches now without the Seahawks distraction!

Elemas

Reaction score
Russ goes to a team that utilizes his abilities, he's winning games and setting records. I never want to see that happen.

BUT, why have a $40M man that just manages a team...and once in awhile pulls your asses back out of the trench you've created? I bet Haskins would take $3M...or less right now.

We went back to Pete ball gents. We took our feet off the pedal. Few turnovers and then it's back to " I'd rather win 3-0 versus xxxxx"

We all know Russ played like crap. But, it's not solely on him.

I want to see either a coaching change or you get Russ to agree to a trade...to a team where he can flourish. Get your non glamorous game manager for cheap and use that capital to bolster your lines. Grab a CB while you're at it.

Oh, and dont sign Olsen's for $10M a year....W....T...F

mistaowen

Reaction score
Russ with McVay, LeFleur, Andy Reid, shanahan, or any of these young creative offensive minded coaches is in the NFCCG every single year. He was on pace to shatter offensive records to start the year, teams adapted, coaches didn’t. Cover 2/4 hilariously broke the offense and instead of realizing it, they just stuck with the SAME DESIGN for 9+ weeks. Russ didn’t suddenly forget how to play football after being the clear MVP leader by week 6 this year, the passes that worked were doubled/tripled.

Elemas

Reaction score
mistaowen":1rvvc96f said:
Russ with McVay, LeFleur, Andy Reid, shanahan, or any of these young creative offensive minded coaches is in the NFCCG every single year. He was on pace to shatter offensive records to start the year, teams adapted, coaches didn’t. Cover 2/4 hilariously broke the offense and instead of realizing it, they just stuck with the SAME DESIGN for 9+ weeks. Russ didn’t suddenly forget how to play football after being the clear MVP leader by week 6 this year, the passes that worked were doubled/tripled.

This.

John63

Reaction score
mistaowen":12trar37 said:

THis is the truth though the haters will ignore it.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
It's not the truth because he hasn't played in their systems yet..
If he did I have hard time seeing a slower RW who can't see
all the field thrive in an exotic offense when he isn't in a basic
one..
I'd love to see him try but I already can see how that will go.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
mistaowen":26i9fj7t said:
Hypothetical stuff passed off as facts always amazes me. The fact is this is just an opinion. .
NFCCG every year .Hahaha

Scorpion05

Reaction score
In some ways I agree with you. I am begging, hoping, praying that Wilson gets traded and can succeed elsewhere. We should move forward with a new QB and the same coaching staff and personnel. When we get a new QB, I hope some of you won't ask for a new coaching staff either. Wilson should demand a trade to save his career. And maybe then he'll earn the respect he's never truly gotten.

At this point, this isn't fun or enjoyable anymore. Even from 2015-2020, when Wilson was throwing 35+ TDs he wasn't good enough. Didn't perform well enough. I don't know if it's because some of you have a height bias, dislike his personality, or have some other, unfortunate reason for downplaying one of the best QBs in NFL history. By all objective facts. But it's clear it will never go away. There is a certain segment of this fanbase that has never liked Wilson, or given him any credit for his success. Diminishing everything he's ever done here. Suggesting he had nothing to do with the SB run, and has been a "game manager" even when the LOB disappeared. It's sad, and unfortunate to see Wilson treated this way. He can be criticized, but this is starting to be more than criticism.

hawkfannj":3hku4gp6 said:
mistaowen":3hku4gp6 said:
Hypothetical stuff passed off as facts always amazes me. The fact is this is just an opinion. .
NFCCG every year .Hahaha

IndyHawk":3hku4gp6 said:
It's not the truth because he hasn't played in their systems yet..
If he did I have hard time seeing a slower RW who can't see
all the field thrive in an exotic offense when he isn't in a basic
one..
I'd love to see him try but I already can see how that will go.

Saying Wilson would succeed with an actual offensive mind, is not a hypothetical. It's common sense. Just as Green Bay let go of McCarthy (who was also an offensive mind, but not creative). If you're saying Goff, Trubisky, and in some games Jimmy G/Mullens can excel but Wilson can't, you should ask yourselves why your perception of Wilson is so intentionally low. Despite all evidence to the contrary.

You can only make this comment, if you ignore the statistical FACT that he was pressured on 50% of his dropbacks yesterday. Or that Schotty has failed EVERYWHERE before Wilson. If you think Nick Mullens could beat the Rams with Shanny, but Wilson can't. Then as I've always said your dislike of Wilson goes beyond football.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
PNW":3szhcben said:
He’s paid like the best QB in football, if he’s just a glorified game manager falling out of his prime then we all have a huge problem. At least he can go back to his podcast and perfume launches now without the Seahawks distraction!

Post it on every thread, maybe it'll start making sense if you keep posting it everywhere

PNW

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":2yawl5rg said:
PNW":2yawl5rg said:

Post it on every thread, maybe it'll start making sense if you keep posting it everywhere
It’s a public forum I’ll make sure to post whatever I feel like, your tears give me strength

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
PNW":18znoahy said:
Maelstrom787":18znoahy said:
PNW":18znoahy said:

It’s a public forum I’ll make sure to post whatever I feel like, your tears give me strength

Yep, and I'll keep laughing. I'd post the same reach ad nauseum as well if I had no intention of actually learning enough to try to diagnose what the actual problems were on the field.

PNW

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":12gy7lld said:
PNW":12gy7lld said:
Maelstrom787":12gy7lld said:
PNW":12gy7lld said:

Yep, and I'll keep laughing. I'd post the same reach ad nauseum as well if I had no intention of actually learning enough to try to diagnose what the actual problems were on the field.

Glad you can have a good laugh today, hopefully it was a sweet villain laugh from the gut.