Russell's words ring hallow

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Russ has said things like he wants to win multiple rings, be the greatest to play, the best QB/WR combo since Montana/Rice..he has also stated he wants to own an NFL Franchise someday.

You don't become the Greatest at something while trying to be good at about a dozen other things. Russ can play better and he knows it, there is no way he is putting in the hours toward being the best QB he can be and still handling all his family and business stuff, he is spread thin and needs to make up his mind. Does he want to be Mr. UNLIMITED entrepreneur man, or get more rings. Football may still be a passion of his but from the looks of it he has not improved and doesn't seem to be giving us Seahawks fans everything he has.

1. Wife
2. 3 kids
3. Weekly Podcast
4. Fragrance Brand R&C
5. Clothing Brand 1 - Good Man Brand
6. Clothing Brand 2 - The House of LR&C
7. West2East Empire (Brand Mamagement & production company)
8. Sounders
9. Portland Diamond Project (Baseball)
10. Limitless Minds (Mental Health Consulting)
11. Tally (Sports prediction app)
12. Why Not You (Charity)
13. Passing Academy
14. Yankees Baseball player
15. Sr. Editor for Players Tribune
16. Children's Hospital visits

Cyrus12

Reaction score
He can say what he wants...but based on that description all he cares about is $$$$. No different from any other athlete.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Not sure Hollywood wants him.

As I said, he lost a lot of his legacy yesterday.

People are starting to realize that all of his past successes, at least in the playoffs, only came as part of that LOB team with Lynch.

In the next 5+ years, he has consistently underperformed in the playoffs and never had a noteworthy playoff win. That Eagles team was depleted and injured. The Lions team was barely a playoff team at all, with no playoff experience or wins.

Generally, Wilson is going to be down 2 scores at the half in any playoff game. Even in a wildcard against the Cowboys, because he does not produce consistently.

His legacy as a great was stained if not ripped away yesterday because great QBs do not fail for 5 years straight in the playoffs. At some point, you have to overcome the excuses and Wilson never has since the SB loss.

ducks41468

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3v7a1yvg said:
Not sure Hollywood wants him.

As I said, he lost a lot of his legacy yesterday.

People are starting to realize that all of his past successes, at least in the playoffs, only came as part of that LOB team with Lynch.

In the next 5+ years, he has consistently underperformed in the playoffs and never had a noteworthy playoff win. That Eagles team was depleted and injured. The Lions team was barely a playoff team at all, with no playoff experience or wins.

Generally, Wilson is going to be down 2 scores at the half in any playoff game. Even in a wildcard against the Cowboys, because he does not produce consistently.

His legacy as a great was stained if not ripped away yesterday because great QBs do not fail for 5 years straight in the playoffs. At some point, you have to overcome the excuses and Wilson never has since the SB loss.

This. Wilson, even going back to his "prime" years, always lays eggs against good teams. Even his wins would usually be something along the lines of 220/1/1 with 4-5 sacks taken and a late comeback to complete a painful 22-20 win. His career best playoff performance may actually still be against the Falcons in 2013.

HawkinNY

Reaction score
He is going to demand top dollar in his next contract. Should the Hawks pay 40+ mil for a 34 year old QB? Who I believe has played his best football. Why not trade him and use the picks/players to go back to a young QB system with a great defense and running game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seanhawk

Reaction score
I agree that he has a lot of things on his plate and on paper it looks like he is spreading himself too thin, but how much time he spends on many of those we'll never know. He could be having someone else do all the legwork. A couple of the things are off-season only. The one that bothers me is the podcast in season.

However, including wife, kids, and children's hospital visits on the list is just sad.

LTH

Reaction score
Wenhawk":1rgl5rxd said:
Russ has said things like he wants to win multiple rings, be the greatest to play, the best QB/WR combo since Montana/Rice..he has also stated he wants to own an NFL Franchise someday.

You don't become the Greatest at something while trying to be good at about a dozen other things. Russ can play better and he knows it, there is no way he is putting in the hours toward being the best QB he can be and still handling all his family and business stuff, he is spread thin and needs to make up his mind. Does he want to be Mr. UNLIMITED entrepreneur man, or get more rings. Football may still be a passion of his but from the looks of it he has not improved and doesn't seem to be giving us Seahawks fans everything he has.

1. Wife
2. 3 kids
3. Weekly Podcast
4. Fragrance Brand R&C
8. Sounders
13. Passing Academy

That's pretty harsh... LOL maybe you're right but how do you know how much time he puts into things? reasonable question? Maybe he has someone or multiple people managing it for him.... maybe he doesn't and your right..but regardless he is a great community guy and does a ton for this community and to me that's more valuable than football... How do you see it?

LTH

OP
OP
QuahHawk

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Seanhawk":30dtirvj said:
I agree that he has a lot of things on his plate and on paper it looks like he is spreading himself too thin, but how much time he spends on many of those we'll never know. He could be having someone else do all the legwork. A couple of the things are off-season only. The one that bothers me is the podcast in season.

However, including wife, kids, and children's hospital visits on the list is just sad.

I think Wilson should prioritize his Wife and Kids, even giving to the community is great. Those make him a squeaky clean and loveable guy.

When I look and Mahomes, Rodgers, Jackson. They don't have those off filed obligations and they may or may not be distractions from him committing himself to his Team.

Many may not feel a player who is making the kind of money and percent of his Teams Cap % should be doing anything other than proving to be the best possible value for that $. Obviously he can't juggle all this and win Rings, too many years in a row he hasn't been the difference maker needed to win a championship, or even get us within 2 wins of a championship.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Hey, I'm not pleased with Wilson's performance either.

But attacking the man for what he does in his spare time is uncalled for.

xray

Reaction score
Wenhawk":ujzvfgra said:

1. Wife
2. 3 kids
3. Weekly Podcast
4. Fragrance Brand R&C
8. Sounders
13. Passing Academy
^
That and the fact that he has had to carry the team for most of his career and he's digressing . That's not too hard to understand to me .

OP
OP
QuahHawk

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Jerhawk":1ieqjg8d said:

Really?

Seem the current culture is what you do in your spare time can very easily get you fired.

A job like NFL QB may not allow the the Spare Time most jobs accommodate. At $30million + per year I think most QBs understand that being their Franchise's Best player is Goal #1.

It is bad optics, how many of the other guys on the Team are more dedicated? Idk, but you have to wonder if some feel that way. We should ask Sherman or Bennett how they feel about all of Russ's off field endeavors.

I don't know for a fact but I have a had time thinking Russ is putting 60+ hours a week into Seahawks Football like he should be.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Like he should be? What is he, an overpaid slave now?

It's none of our business what he does off the field ffs. Hes not a trouble maker. He's not out getting arrested and beating on woman. The guy likes to stay busy off the field.

I get what you're saying, but c'mon. This whole thing just comes across as entitled.

I'm not excusing his play. He played like crud since week 6.
But how do we know that Rodgers and Mahomes don't do stuff off the field? Because they're not as public with it?

Kyler Murray has a Twitch stream that he does quite regularly. Should he put down the controller and concentrate on studying the gameplan? It's none of our business.

He had no protection. The playcalling was trash. The whole team sucked yesterday.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Jerhawk":151mbgpn said:

It's none of our business what he does off the field ffs. Hes not a trouble maker. He's not out getting arrested and beating on woman. The guy likes to stay busy off the field.

I get what you're saying, but c'mon. This whole thing just comes across as entitled.

But how do we know that Rodgers and Mahomes don't do stuff off the field? Because they're not as public with it?

Kyler Murray has a Twitch stream that he does quite regularly. Should he put down the controller and concentrate on studying the gameplan? It's none of our business.

He had no protection. The playcalling was trash. The whole team sucked yesterday.

Not to mention he played the best goddamned football of his life earlier this season with the same exact slate of off-field brand management. It's a nonsense argument that is borne of nothing other than a deep desire to create a simple explanation for a deeply disappointing outcome.

Seymour

Reaction score
Jerhawk":17dc2tjr said:

+1!!! :pukeface:

Every big time star athlete and leader has many irons in the fire. :177692:

Half those items on the list he put's somewhere between little and no time into. I'm thinking they are added just to exaggerate the point attempting to be made.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Jerhawk":3g1y0p2h said:

Pretty much what I'm getting out of this bull$hit thst is going so far as to judge the guy for having a family. It is sickening and irrational.

OP
OP
QuahHawk

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Jerhawk":3244ugud said:

If your a Salaried employee do you think your employer would like you working another full time job? Which job are you giving all your energy to. how much work can one person do in a given day? I know most jobs are 40 hrs a week but I'm pretty sure those in many career fields can attest to 60+ hour weeks, how many hours a week before you start to feel over worked? 60, 70, 80? No that's just one job. Stack on that all these other ones and maybe there just isn't the time to give 100% to them all.

If you knew Russ was only giving 50% of the effort he was when he was a rookie and the first in at 5:00 AM and last out of the building at 10:00 PM are you content with him handicapping the rest of our roster taking up so much cap room?

How much effort should Russ be putting in? What's enough for you? 60% 70% 80%?

Look at the career of David Beckham. Once an elite Priemer League player, he married a pop star, started a perfume lines and started to live a celebrity's life.

rjdriver

Reaction score
nanomoz":2fobomce said:
Jerhawk":2fobomce said:

Pretty much what I'm getting out of this bull$hit thst is going so far as to judge the guy for having a family. It is sickening and irrational.

To be fair...

It is a little selfish of him. Us 12's should be the only family he really needs.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Wenhawk":2lbsvwv5 said:
If your a Salaried employee do you think your employer would like you working another full time job?

The real question/analogy would be more like "If you have multiple things you like to do outside of your salaried full time job, shouldn't your employer be able to tell you to stop and spend your free time thinking about how to get better at your job?"