What to do during the draft ?

12th And Loud

Reaction score
What are the thoughts for draft day? No 1st, no 3rd, so that 2nd rounder is super important. It will be what the 54th overall pick?

Who can we target?

Since Jamal cost so many first rounders any chance he can play offense next year as well? Not sure how else to justify that trade.

Thoughts?

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
You justify the trade by getting a deal done with your All Pro safety. Good chance they trade the 2nd for other picks. This year there will be a gold mine of undrafted talent.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Flyingsquad23":1bh77k3q said:
You justify the trade by getting a deal done with your All Pro safety. Good chance they trade the 2nd for other picks. This year there will be a gold mine of undrafted talent.

Jamal Adams is worth just about all the screwed up 1st round draft choices we've had in the past 8 years.

Madrid Hawk

Reaction score
Hadn't had a good 1st round pick since ET. Brooks seems to be proving to be (knock on wood) a keeper.

The rest of the "talent" they've chosen in the 1st round since ET? Yes, I would package every single one of them in a trade for Adams.

And feel like I was committing unarmed, daylight robbery.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Pretty likely the 2nd is traded on draft day to load up on 3-6th round picks, probably even trading back on the trade backs for more picks too.

Jamal Adams is better than any defensive player in the draft, so get a deal done with him and build the new defensive core through him.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
Your draft plan is around picks you have and players available at those picks. Not by analysts saying this guy is a for sure 1st rounder top ten pick. You dont need early round picks. Sure they are nice to have, but if there is anything this organization does well is draft good players with what they have or turn them into more picks and more opportunities.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
It's definitely a bitter pill to swallow to find out the guy you gave up two first round picks for now might need surgery on both his shoulders.

But I have faith in John, he's very good at mining the draft and figuring out how to gain more picks while still getting value and production.

There also needs to be a hard conversation about identifying players to trade for picks over the next two years.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
They're not gonna stand pat with that. I'd expect them to trade whatever they can to recoup some capital.

If not, quantity over quality is the right move.

hoxrox

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":29yn9nlg said:
It's definitely a bitter pill to swallow to find out the guy you gave up two first round picks for now might need surgery on both his shoulders.

Getting just a tiny bit Percy vibes with this trade, but hope I'm wrong. Explosive impact player for sure, but with the physical way he plays, makes you wonder about durability and longevity.

OP
OP

12th And Loud

Reaction score
Flyingsquad23":17vosjsf said:

Hopefully he doesn't miss too much time next season. We need him.

OP
OP

12th And Loud

Reaction score
hoxrox":yo4qt3vo said:
Sgt. Largent":yo4qt3vo said:

Getting just a tiny bit Percy vibes with this trade, but hope I'm wrong. Explosive impact player for sure, but with the physical way he plays, makes you wonder about durability and longevity.

I didn't want to say it, but I was thinking the same thing about this being Percy all over again. Man I hope not but it has that feel. Not sure how they can afford to even sign Jamal long term. Safety is a tough position to pay. Especially since he is limited in coverage. The sacks are nice though.

We do this thing here when he gets a sack. We quote the part from Wedding Crashers about the sack sandwich. Then we act like we are eating a tiny little sandwich, yum yum yum yum.

I like Jamal a lot, his spirt leads these mean. I should have included him in my other thread about alpha males on the team. Jamal needs to be at the summit with Brian, Pete and Russ for sure.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
hoxrox":uui8ea4n said:
Sgt. Largent":uui8ea4n said:

Adams reminds me more of Kam. The joy, violence and recklessness in which he plays will be his demise. I was just hoping we'd get more out of him before his body starts breaking down.

Still is a great player, but I fear one that's going to be missing numerous games per season, and we will have to pay him 15M per year? Ugg.

LTH

Reaction score
Flyingsquad23":11yd6pv8 said:

I've been thinking about this for a long time... part of the problem of being so good for so long is that the Hawks have been picking always at 25 or lower...to stay competitive they have to take chances in the draft with guys like Taylor and even Metcalf who had the neck injury... that's a hard way to live as sometimes they pan out sometimes they don't..

The Rams and the Niners have years where they pick a bit higher in the draft (those teams draft really well anyway). so what ends up happening is the Hawks have to depend on FA and then it gets weird because they can pick up some deals but usually don't have the cap space to keep these guys around or they just don't pan out...

Basically what happens is they are in the hole now and are depending on JS to work a miracle draft...part of the problem is a team needs continuity to be good and it's hard to make that happen when they are blowing up the team and filling with FA they can't afford to keep...they need those first contracts and they need some higher picks to get impact players like Aaron Donald...

Yes there are going to be some really good UDFA but everybody else is going to be competing for those guys as well...let's hope that the Seahawk culture pulls some of those guys in...

To compete with the NFC west they need to be more aggressive up front IMO... I would load up on O line and D line and become the biggest and baddest in the trenches they can possibly be...Wilson can NOT keep taking the punishment he has been taking...

I'm unsure what JS will do but to remain competitive he needs to be really good ... He will earn his pay check this year IMO...we need a miracle draft this year...

LTH

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Watch the teams with our first rounders pick up future pro bowl players under rookie contracts compete in the playoffs while our team continues to decline as its salary top heavy roster for every player not named Jamal Adams has peaked and officially declines.

94Smith

Reaction score
Watch............ :snack:

(sorry had too 8) )

Chawker

Reaction score
We won't have a first round pick this year but, we will have two second round picks. Darrell Taylor and this years selection.

Ihave faith in JS to work his magic on draft dayy. Maybe tradind back in second round and taking a player like Charles Snowdon LB Virginia 6'7" 235 athletic freak as our new SAM LBer. Snowdon is the complete package. Or work on LG, LT.

LTH

Reaction score
ZagHawk":1vbj4kly said:
Watch the teams with our first rounders pick up future pro bowl players under rookie contracts compete in the playoffs while our team continues to decline as its salary top heavy roster for every player not named Jamal Adams has peaked and officially declines.

So you don't like the JA trade? Only time will tell on that one... JA stays healthy it will be a brilliant move if he washes out then JS will take heat...So far it looks like a great move...

LTH

AgentDib

Reaction score
I still like the Jamal Adams trade for the same reason I liked it initially; early draft picks this season have an extremely reduced value. With such a crazy and limited college season there has never been more uncertainty, and the draft is already highly uncertain. Great players will be drafted anywhere from round 1 through UDFA and in an ideal world I think you'd want to trade down until you had a dozen fifth round picks or so.

Unfortunately it's going to be very tough to trade down, so how well we do in UDFA will likely be the major determinant of how this class shapes up.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
If we're talking about trading players, I'd like to see them trade Jarran Reed, honestly.

His sacks inflate his value. His play between the sacks is quite pedestrian. His stupid contract tanks his value a bit, but if they can't find a trade suitor... paycut or gone.