Schitty will be back next season

zchurch74

Reaction score
Listening to Pete makes me want to puke. I know he will never say what we want but he is so stuck in his ways. You can hear it in his answered, he will not adjust. He has a game plan and he thinks it’s going to work and will eventually work within four quarters. If it doesn’t work he just chalks it up as a loss. He constantly admits he should adjust but he never will do it. He admits to making poor in game decisions.

I don’t like Russ but getting rid of him isn’t the answer. I really think it’s time to start looking elsewhere for a HC. If we don’t it’s going to be more of one and dones in the playoffs. Yes, 12-4 is a great season but I’d rather go 7-9 and be positive going into the playoffs. Just think how many coaches would love to have our team.

mistaowen

Reaction score
"Speaking Monday, Seahawks coach Pete Carroll said his goal for 2021 will be establishing the run.
We wish we were kidding. In the paraphrased words of reporter Joe Fann, Carroll's "primary focus going into 2021 will be to run the football more often and more effectively."

Russell is gonna force his way out of Seattle isn't he.

Gibbo

Reaction score
Sadly predictable, but hearing this still strikes me with so much disappointment and annoyance.

Great.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
After seeing what he's capable of scheming up in the pass game early in the season, I'm indifferent. Obviously, it all fell apart execution-wise, but at least there's some reason for hope, unlike the pure misery that Bevell caused.

If he can get Russ to take the checkdowns and the open short routes, the offense will be perfectly fine. They just need to stay on schedule. If they can get a rushing attack going that makes the third downs more manageable than the third and longs after two failed intermediate/deep shots, that'll suffice to fix a huge part of the problem.

Seattle was one of, if not THE, pass-happiest team in the league in neutral situations. That doesn't work if the quarterback isn't good at getting the ball out quickly and instead lives and dies on improvised chunk plays.

As much as I can't believe I'm saying it... Russ needs a run game. Check out what the Browns and Titans do - the rush game keeps the offense on the field. I don't really think Schotty is the problem. Only reason I'd want him fired is if the offense loses faith in him and sets up another team chemistry catastrophe.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
This is a Groundhog Day conversation we've had now since SB 49, you can replace Bevell with Schotty, or Schotty with anyone you want to.........but until Pete's gone the offense isn't going to change.

So get used to more of the same. That same is a very good team, but a team who's offense will never reach it's full potential while trying to live and operate within the confines of Pete's offensive philosophies.

misfit

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":2jgnq6q0 said:
After seeing what he's capable of scheming up in the pass game early in the season, I'm indifferent. Obviously, it all fell apart execution-wise, but at least there's some reason for hope, unlike the pure misery that Bevell caused.

If he can get Russ to take the checkdowns and the open short routes, the offense will be perfectly fine. They just need to stay on schedule. If they can get a rushing attack going that makes the third downs more manageable than the third and longs after two failed intermediate/deep shots, that'll suffice to fix a huge part of the problem.

Seattle was one of, if not THE, pass-happiest team in the league in neutral situations. That doesn't work if the quarterback isn't good at getting the ball out quickly and instead lives and dies on improvised chunk plays.

As much as I can't believe I'm saying it... Russ needs a run game. Check out what the Browns and Titans do - the rush game keeps the offense on the field. I don't really think Schotty is the problem. Only reason I'd want him fired is if the offense loses faith in him and sets up another team chemistry catastrophe.

A lot of that depends on scheme and what is drawn up. If you have a pass play with 4 routes and the short routes are your 3rd and 4th read in that play and your oline sucks at pass pro a lot of times your qb isnt going to get to those reads. There was a clear change from the first 5 games of the season to going back to just deep routes even against the best defense in the league

Mizak

Reaction score
zchurch74":25xn326q said:
Listening to Pete makes me want to puke. I know he will never say what we want but he is so stuck in his ways. You can hear it in his answered, he will not adjust. He has a game plan and he thinks it’s going to work and will eventually work within four quarters. If it doesn’t work he just chalks it up as a loss. He constantly admits he should adjust but he never will do it. He admits to making poor in game decisions.

I don’t like Russ but getting rid of him isn’t the answer. I really think it’s time to start looking elsewhere for a HC. If we don’t it’s going to be more of one and dones in the playoffs. Yes, 12-4 is a great season but I’d rather go 7-9 and be positive going into the playoffs. Just think how many coaches would love to have our team.

Within 4 quarters? Don’t you mean 4th quarter cuz Pete never tries in the 1st quarter.

James in PA

Reaction score
Gibbo":1oqguvse said:
Sadly predictable, but hearing this still strikes me with so much disappointment and annoyance.

Great.
My thoughts exactly. It’s clear there has to be some sort of change. To me, he seemed like the most logical one. I guess Pete think we are going to significantly upgrade the O-line, defense, and RB situation. That’s the only way to make this style of play work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Move along, nothing to see here. Pete is a god beyond question by us mortals waiting for whatever morsel of entertainment he wishes to throw us.

potatohead33

Reaction score
A few years ago didn't the Hawks have a run of something like 24 straight games without a first drive TD?

Looking forward to eclipsing that mark

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
I'll believe it when I see it. After the 2017 season, Pete basically said Bev, Richard, and Cable would all be back. Two weeks later, all 3 were gone.

But whatever. I'm in agreement with others in this thread, none of that matters. This is Pete's team, so it ultimately doesn't matter who the coordinators/assistants are.

ducks41468

Reaction score
Out of every team in the NFL, the Seahawks is probably the one where the OC matters the least. Even if he was gone, he'd be replaced with some filler like Austin Davis.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I am beginning to think that Pete keeps whatever Coordinator people dislike so that person will absorb the blame that rightfully should have fallen on Pete.

As long he keeps people in that other people feel hold us back, nobody will point the finger at him.

Great strategy.

I wish he would use that much strategic and tactical thinking in actually coaching competently in the playoffs but Pete is doing what he does best, making a team look better than it is in the regular season and worse than it is in the playoffs.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Oc doesnt matter. I thought it did. Now that i saw pete.say he changed offense up because turnovers i am.whatever on OC.

Fade

Reaction score
Pete is right. I'm serious. Really.

Their passing game is laughably rudimentary. Schematically as a whole they're about as simple as they come in the NFL.

So Pete has 2 choices:

1) Go get a dynamic, high level, offensive mind that will take his job in 1 year.

-or-

2) Overrun the ball, to invite 8-Man boxes and get simpler coverages, so those simpler routes can be more effective. Pete is not a dummy, he wants simpler routes, for simpler communication and less INTs. Everything he does is centered around turnovers.

They just do not have the coaches in house to build a sophisticated, high-level, modern, passing attack, centered around DK Metcalf like a TO. It's best for him to do what he knows. His way has worked in the past, and it could work again.

But for it to work, he needs to have a fully stocked RB room, and a top level defense, though. Or it will be more of the same. Probably will need to trade DK, no need for $20M APY WR's on a running team who they do not know how to fully utilize in the first place. Use those picks to rebuild the offensive and defensive Lines. Because they will need to get waaayy better in the trenches if they want to fully commit to Pete Ball.

DK and Wilson. One of them, or both of them will be gone. It depends on how much being in a running offense will bother them.

I'd much prefer going after a new head coach that will maximize the players already here. Mainly a coach that could maximize DK Metcalf's skill set. But if you're going to hitch your wagon to Pete Carroll for the next 4-5 years, this is how it has to be.

James in PA

Reaction score
I finally got to listen to the presser and I did not get the impression that Schotty will definitely be back. When the reporter asked Pete to confirm if his coordinators will be back, he said something like, “I don’t talk about stuff like that. It would be disrespectful for me to answer those questions. We’re going to figure out what we need to do to get better.”

Didn’t sound like a glowing endorsement to me. Maybe just wishful thinking on my part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":q7v4nrk1 said:
I'll believe it when I see it. After the 2017 season, Pete basically said Bev, Richard, and Cable would all be back. Two weeks later, all 3 were gone.

But whatever. I'm in agreement with others in this thread, none of that matters. This is Pete's team, so it ultimately doesn't matter who the coordinators/assistants are.
I think Paul Allen was the reason those coaches were fired.
I don’t think Pete has fired any coach while in the NFL, he is loyal to a fault. Jeremy Bates was fired but it was because he acted like a drunken ass at a team holiday party by Paul (according to Dave Wyman).