We will not win another playoff game under Pete Carroll

FearTheHawk

Reaction score
Just want to post this so someone can screencap it. Calling it now. We are toast as long as he remains the head coach. That press conference today was disgraceful and delusional. The wheels are going to come off real quick.

Nothinbutm

Reaction score
Even I know that this post isn't going to age well. Posting this immediately after a playoff loss is the most convenient time to post this.

James in PA

Reaction score
I didn’t see the presser yet. Did anyone ask him any tough questions or was it the usual softballs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
They won't win one.

I remember posting we would never win a SB with Bevell. Everyone went crazy saying the same stuff.

It never happened because we never went again.

You are probably right that we won't win another playoff game with Carroll. This isn't exactly going out on a limb.

That Carroll never learns, adjusts, or even acknowledges problems virtually assures this.

He wouldn't have even made it this year but for a rash of injuries to the best team in our division.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
The nonsense that passes for intelligent posts around here is mind numbing.

On what basis is this anything more than butt hurt whining?

Please provide some cogent support for your opening viewpoint. The team has made the playoffs 90f 11 seasons he's been here, nd won 12 games this season.

Why does this deserve a separate thread from the many other "Fire Pete" threads.

ducks41468

Reaction score
You've completely discounted the possibility of playing Detroit or some 4-12 NFC East team and squeak by with a 13-12 win, so I find your statement to be grossly hyperbolic and incorrect.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Come on man...I mean I've been criticizing the crap out of Pete, but he can win another playoff game. Superbowl or even NFCCG however...that is another story entirely.

OP
OP
F

FearTheHawk

Reaction score
Can't wait to come back to this when Pete is done and I'm right. The locker room is going to be a total mess unless changes are made, either to philosophy or coaching staff.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
While I would like to see a change, come on. They didn't stop being a good team. They just laid an egg on Saturday.
I'm more concerned about a deep run in the playoffs. 3 playoff wins in 6 years is just plain not acceptable, and certainly not good enough. But as frustrated as I am 2 days after a brutal performance, no way in hell would I assume we won't win another playoff game. Meh...….

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
FearTheHawk":yxidtv6x said:
Can't wait to come back to this when Pete is done and I'm right. The locker room is going to be a total mess unless changes are made, either to philosophy or coaching staff.

You can’t wait to come back and gloat about the Hawks losing and you being right, that’s some backwards hustle right there.

I will ask again...will you self ban when you are wrong?

xray

Reaction score
The Hawks will win another play-off game even under Carroll . They won't go to another SB under Carroll . IMO

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
See, that post a few above this has been my problem for years. Can't wait to come back and gloat about being right? About losing? We all know how much they sucked on Saturday, all of us know. But feeling good about failure will never make sense to me. I've tried to make my point for years, I've been threatened, on a message board, literally.

never mind, not worth it...….

Time for me to take a break from the site for awhile.
Have a great week, and hopefully we see some good playoff games this weekend.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
We had an easier path than you think.

The Cards didn't have great QB play or coaching.

The Rams went to a SB one year but for much of Carroll's time they were not great. We still struggled with them. McVay turned that around and will likely win his matchups with Carroll as he gets better.

The 49ers do not have much of a QB, but the rest of the roster is very strong and their coaches run rings around ours.

The big trump card was Wilson. Wilson is difficult to beat when he is hot, even against great defenses. But if Pete wants to run the ball and ignore one of the few areas we have a matchup advantage?

Not only is a divisional title unlikely, not even sure a wildcard is likely when you consider that if the Cards get even a little better - they will push us out of the wildcard slot.

We were making regular runs to the playoffs but we also had key advantages over the other teams in the division with a solid starter QB. Many of those advantages have shrunk.

Penciling in Carroll for the playoffs isn't as easy now.

Seymour

Reaction score
Maybe not. In 8 playoff games since the 2014 SB loss we have averaged exactly 6 first half points per game.

PeteBall at it's worst!

LoneHawkFan

Reaction score
Seymour":74o0gsh3 said:
Maybe not. In 8 playoff games since the 2014 SB loss we have averaged exactly 6 first half points per game.

PeteBall at it's worst!

And yet people on here still can't identify a bad trend. All games are just "bad games" or "it happens".

We waited 38 years to celebrate a Super Bowl victory. They aren't easy to come by, by any stretch of the imagination...and we have the horses to expect to compete for a SB every year. These players expect to compete for a SB every year. I guarantee they are trying to figure out WTF is going on- and they probably know a lot more about it than we do.

There is definitely something amiss with this organization. We have underachieved as a unit for 6 straight seasons now. I thought we had turned a corner this year with our defense finally changing the trajectory into a top10 style defense again. But alas, we have studs at QB, RB, WR, an adequate OLine...but we just can't move the ball effectively, consistently...

strohmin

Reaction score
FearTheHawk":21viajgc said:
Just want to post this so someone can screencap it. Calling it now. We are toast as long as he remains the head coach. That press conference today was disgraceful and delusional. The wheels are going to come off real quick.

The wheels came off 5 years ago buddy... when they changed nothing after the SB loss. What Pete has managed to do is maintain a 1 and done playoff team for the past 5 years and will probably continue to do so.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
One and done in the past 5 years???

Um, they won a playoff game LAST year, and won a playoff game in the 2016 playoffs. That's not one and done over 5 years, at all.
But yes, 3 wins in 6 years is not good enough imo.