Recovery Monday

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
After watching that crap fest we all did Saturday, one of the first things my neighbor said to me was "Oh imagine the meltdown on .NET! I can't wait to check it out!" (He's a Broncos fan). I said I had no desire to go there and had no plans to do so throughout the weekend. I was plenty pissed off, shocked, depressed, I really didn't see the need to have it all compounded by the negativity that was imminent.

By yesterday afternoon I had put the worst of my emotions behind me. As for my allegiance, I will always side with optimism over pessimism, it's just my nature, but I refuse to be blinded with obvious truths I can see with my own eyes. Russ regressed as the year went on and the coaching staff stubbornly refused to make the proper adjustments and game plans to address how defenses were attacking us.

The game plan on Saturday was piss poor, and while Russ just overall looked terrible (the OL didn't help with that), at least nowhere near MVP Russ which you hope and even expect in the playoffs, I believe it was the coaching that doomed us. Clearly the Rams came in fired up with the right energy level, commitment to play to their strengths with no fear. I didn't realize until today that the Rams were pissed off with how much we celebrated the win over them to secure the division. They even talked about seeing Jamal light that cigar up in his post game press conference.

They wanted revenge, and we weren't prepared psychologically, schematically and emotionally. Not having any fans in the stands absolutely did not help either. I don't think the better team won that day, I think the more motivated and fired up team won that day.

I think we need new, fresh ideas on offense. Pete is an excellent motivator and rah rah Pope of Positivity but at some point coaching needs to be better on game day. Russell, despite his fall off this season, is still one of the best QBs in the NFL. But he needs help, and he too needs to be better, period.

I love Pete, will always love the success he brought to us, especially on February 2nd, 2014. One of the best days of my entire life. But winning 10+ games every year only to fall short of the Super Bowl, and even reaching the NFCCG is simply not good enough. I fear the best we can look forward to until he retires or moves on is exactly more of the same.

I'll always love the Seahawks, and especially this year, it was a tremendous distraction from the powerful stresses surrounding us all. I'm thankful we had something to complain about quite frankly. Looking forward to starting it all over again in September.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Great post as always Aros! :irishdrinkers:

This will be an interesting off season for sure.
I just remain hopeful that they'll figure it out and get back on top.

Because that's really all we can do.

But changes need to be made. And Carroll's comments so far have been discouraging from a fan's perspective.

LoyalRam

Reaction score
Here is the perspective of an enemy fan. I won't argue with OP as to which team is better, because we will vehemently disagree on that.

Being a USC fan, I've hated Pete Carroll since he deserted the Trojans and have never forgiven him for the state he left the team in when he left for Seattle. Objectively, he was a great coach. He brought you guys to a Super Bowl win and that can never be forgotten.

I wanted Russell Wilson badly when you guys drafted him. He was more mature than most college QB's and we needed a QB, but my fellow Ram's fans belittled my take about him. I, of course, learned to hate him and loved everytime Aaron Donald sacked his ass. RW is a little gun shy when playing the Rams because we have always gotten to him, even in the Fisher era when all we lived for was beating the NFC West (thanks Fish). The big fault with Pete Carroll and the Player Personnel staff is that you guys have neglected the Oline for WAAAY too long. Quit going after skill players and beef up the lines (offensive and defensive lines). RW seems to be running for his life when the Rams play him, but how good could he be if he had another second to process information? Allow RW to heal mentally, and you might find that he really just needed help....

But since I am an enemy fan, I hope you don't do these things. And by all that's holy, keep Ethan Pocic for Aaron Donald's sake!

Be9pFEA

LTH

Reaction score
Aros":21vydysw said:
I love Pete, will always love the success he brought to us, especially on February 2nd, 2014. One of the best days of my entire life. But winning 10+ games every year only to fall short of the Super Bowl, and even reaching the NFCCG is simply not good enough. I fear the best we can look forward to until he retires or moves on is exactly more of the same

I have to say that I'm a little bit disappointed in this... I was expecting a get the fan base up post from you and I was actually waiting ... but I understand why you posted what you did..I think...but my heart droops...No disrespect to you Aros...

This whole season reminds me of a situation of a person who had to report to a council (i'm trying to be vague) and this guy made some decisions that were really hard decisions that were right... but he lost confidence of the council he reported to because of those decisions... they fired him and later on found out he was right. they tried to get him back but he said no...

Maybe Carroll does need to go... maybe the fans of Seattle need to remember him for what he did in his tenure here... Maybe the fans and the sports writers and the community need to know what life is like without Pete Carroll to appreciate what this man has done for this city...maybe that's what needs to happen... It will be a sad day in my life as I have adopted many principles in my own life from Pete Carroll that have improved my life beyond measure...

Pete If from some reason your reading this which I doubt... I appreciate you...and I wish the fans did as well...

LTH

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Exactly. I want Pete to go out on a good note, not by being canned. I think that would be mutually best for everyone.

Take some time to celebrate what he did here.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Well if his year end presser was a hint of things to come...absolutely nothing is changing. There won't be a 12-4 next year.

LTH

Reaction score
To the delight of many I have nothing more to contribute to this board... I am leaving... I think those who I have had good conversations with..

Good luck to you guys in these troubling times

LTH

Aw Mang

Reaction score
Aros":24f18yz3 said:
............But winning 10+ games every year only to fall short of the Super Bowl, and even reaching the NFCCG is simply not good enough. I fear the best we can look forward to until he retires or moves on is exactly more of the same......

Exactly. With the talents that we have, It’s naturally that we want more. Aim high.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
That makes no sense LTH.

It doesn't make sense that everyone that supports or loves Pete to be driven off.

That isn't the intent or point.

Bummer if that is how you feel people see it.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
LTH":1fk13mbh said:
To the delight of many I have nothing more to contribute to this board... I am leaving... I think those who I have had good conversations with..

Good luck to you guys in these troubling times

LTH
Good luck in your future endeavors. Stay safe!

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Sorry LTH, I guess I should have named the thread Honesty Monday. It's a fair assessment of my feelings. There was good reason I waited two days to post my thoughts. I needed time to cool down and not post out of anger and frustration. Today, I am merely left with gratitude for what we do have (and there are a lot of positives), and clarity for what needs to improve moving forward.

I am not suggesting we hire a new Head Coach....Yet. I still think Pete can offer this organization more success, but he needs to take a strong look at his in game decision making. I will be sad the day he is no longer our coach but I think it's fair to say some of his meddling and gameday coaching decisions is hamstringing the best QB this franchise has ever seen, and perhaps may see in a lifetime.

I don't think the adjustments needed are massive either. Just intuitive tweaks to offensive philosophy could be the difference between one and done and another ring. I hope you stick around bud, after all in the end we all love this team despite our differing opinions and demeanor.

chris98251

Reaction score
I think Pete really took Wilsons heart the last third of the season, offense was just not as upbeat, I also think his offensive team mates felt it and really lost some air in their sails with the Neutered offense.

Pete did this a few seasons back as well with Bevell and Russell. It took injuries and losses for Pete to release his grip.

Don't blame Schotty or Norton for a lot of this stuff, it comes directly from Pete. They are just the barriers he has from the press and where they place blame.