Only way Seattle can win another Super Bowl under Carroll

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
This has to be understood:

1. Carroll is Head Coach for another 4-5 years, or until he retires on his own accord (Honestly, Jody Allen is not gonna fire him)
2. Carroll is not changing/evolving his approach
3. Carroll is keeping the same coordinators (coordinators are pawns)

The only way Seattle can win the proverbial “Chip” again playing Pete ball (which I’m assuming 99% posters here cannot take anymore) is:

1. All of a sudden the offensive line becomes ELITE, top 3 in the NFL
2. Seattle has a 2000+ yard RB
3. Wilson throws 8 or less interceptions a year, with 40+ TDs
4. Seattle is top 5 in overall defense
5. Michael Dickson stays great

It’s a very long shot and not likely to happen but this is the only way to alleviate any and all frustrations currently plaguing the team and posters on .Net.

In other words, it’s going to be another frustrating several seasons we will have to endure as long as Carroll remains coach.

What say you?

Fox0r

Reaction score
We need a 2000+ yard RB to win the Super Bowl?

Dumbest thing I've ever heard.

OP
OP
TheLegendOfBoom

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Fox0r":1m2jpw8f said:

Yes, remember, in the post season ending presser, Carroll said he wants to run it MORE!

chris98251

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":1gvrv5xm said:
Fox0r":1gvrv5xm said:

Yes, remember, in the post season ending presser, Carroll said he wants to run it MORE!

More attempts does not mean more yards.

Look at our backs, Collins and Bo are the only two that have the body type and mileage as in less hits that could survive, if we go committee then sweep right, sweep left with Penny nd Dallas or Homer and we seen how that works without a pulling Guard or Center and no Full Back.

You need a line that can open holes and a Full Back to take out the lead tacklers. Gap running and letting a back feel his way and have to take a hit at or behind the LOS and then gain yards beats up your backs a lot. Lynch and that type can do it, but it shortens their careers dramatically also. Backs like Carson do it, but they pay a price and will end up periodically hurt due to the type of frame he has.

OP
OP
TheLegendOfBoom

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
chris98251":3euequcv said:
TheLegendOfBoom":3euequcv said:
Fox0r":3euequcv said:

More attempts does not mean more yards.

Look at our backs, Collins and Bo are the only two that have the body type and mileage as in less hits that could survive, if we go committee then sweep right, sweep left with Penny nd Dallas or Homer and we seen how that works without a pulling Guard or Center and no Full Back.

You need a line that can open holes and a Full Back to take out the lead tacklers. Gap running and letting a back feel his way and have to take a hit at or behind the LOS and then gain yards beats up your backs a lot. Lynch and that type can do it, but it shortens their careers dramatically also. Backs like Carson do it, but they pay a price and will end up periodically hurt due to the type of frame he has.
Seattle didn’t really run a full back a lot last season.

They pretty much gone away from it and wanted to use that to add an extra receiver/tight end

blkhwk

Reaction score
On the Pete Carroll show, he never said "run the ball more" he said run the ball more effectively..........big difference! He also said " I'm not talking about running it 50 times a game"

I took that to mean just that....more effective runs. He specified wanting to get teams out of 2 high safety looks.

James in PA

Reaction score
Let’s just simplify it: a top three rushing offense and a top three defense is what makes Pete Ball work. RW isn’t going to carry this team with this coaching staff to a SB. Time to go back to the basics and RIP “let Russ cook” once and for all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AgentDib

Reaction score
I'm sure the most frustrating thing about the Rams loss for most of us is we didn't go down playing our best football. If Wilson has a better day and we don't turn the ball over twice leading to TDs then we're probably still playing this weekend.

That's not to say that we can't improve the team significantly, or that there aren't troubling things worth discussing. It's just important to realize that we are talking about very small percentages here and there in terms of the larger picture. Better run blocking could take our SB chances next season from 6% to 6.5%, or maybe better play calling could improve it from 5% to 7%.

Winning a Super Bowl isn't this 0% or 100% likelihood that so many here express their arguments in terms of. We probably won't win another Super Bowl with Carroll, but that's mostly because we're unlikely to win a Super Bowl in any five year stretch regardless of the coaching.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":frnnm68y said:

1. Carroll is Head Coach for another 4-5 years, or until he retires on his own accord (Honestly, Jody Allen is not gonna fire him)

The only way Seattle can win the proverbial “Chip” again playing Pete ball (which I’m assuming 99% posters here cannot take anymore) is:

It’s a very long shot and not likely to happen but this is the only way to alleviate any and all frustrations currently plaguing the team and posters on .Net.

In other words, it’s going to be another frustrating several seasons we will have to endure as long as Carroll remains coach.

What say you?

I... really don't think it'll take that much, my guy.

hoxrox

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":3r1dsetg said:

What say you?

1. Let's see how they prioritize off-season acquisitions as an indicator of what will be.

2. This must be hyperbole, but yes we do need a new stud bell cow back. With Penny hopefully being the change of pace guy. Don't see him as the bell cow. Also liked what I saw from Bo, and Dallas to some extent.

3. Pete, Shotty and Russ are going to have to figure it out this offseason. It's not just on Russ, but all three as a whole.

4. CB is still a question mark, but I like what I saw from the safeties for the most part. Add a healthy Blair into the mix, who they are really high on. D-line, I like what I saw at the end of the season. Nice depth on the ends. Add a healthy Taylor, and who knows? Could use another stud DT.

5. Check

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
You cannot afford a top 3 OL and top 5 defense when you have to pay a QB top 3 money.

If your model has a top 5 QB in it, you cannot pay the OL and D, while somehow being able to afford to build the run game.

Not sure even that would get us to a SB, it is very difficult to overcome poor coaching. And we would need a roster purpose-built to overcome extremely poor coaching.

So while possible, it sounds like a fool's errand.

Additionally, this team has struggled to put effective OL in place since Pete got here. Not a strength of Pete or JS. So suddenly becoming adept at this is unlikely.

Finally, to get even a top 5 defense, you need a top DC. We don't have that and won't.

Hopefully, there is another path, because that one is extremely unlikely.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Wilson doesn't need a top 5 OL and he doesn't need a top 5 defense to win a SB.

Wilson needs a top 15 OL and a top 20 defense and a playbook that isn't apathetic to Wilson's skillset.

keasley45

Reaction score
SonicHawk":3tgknbi3 said:

Wilson needs a top 15 OL and a top 20 defense and a playbook that isn't apathetic to Wilson's skillset.

Hmmm. This year we had the 14th ranked o-line , 22nd ranked D (ypg - after a horrid start during which we won a food number of the games anyway), and 16th ranked (ppg).

That Should have been enough THIS year if we could have just taken the plays that were there.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
keasley45":1nam8rr4 said:
SonicHawk":1nam8rr4 said:

Hmmm. This year we had the 14th ranked o-line , 22nd ranked D (ypg - after a horrid start during which we won a food number of the games anyway), and 16th ranked (ppg).

That Should have been enough THIS year if we could have just taken the plays that were there.

Yes, what failed us was the gameplan.

Nunya

Reaction score
SonicHawk":1tt2q1id said:
keasley45":1tt2q1id said:
SonicHawk":1tt2q1id said:

Yes, what failed us was the gameplan.

A lot of people say that....and yet not one person has pointed out the specific failure of any game plan. Heck, nobody has even knows what the game plan was. Doesn't matter though. Game plans go out the window when the players can't execute the plays called.

OP
OP
TheLegendOfBoom

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":1u42ltg6 said:
TheLegendOfBoom":1u42ltg6 said:

What say you?

I... really don't think it'll take that much, my guy.
I hope not but, I’ve seen enough.

John63

Reaction score
SonicHawk":1qd0t840 said:

Exactly

sc85sis

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":u0v4j9t5 said:

What say you?
He just fired Schotty.

irfuben32

Reaction score
sc85sis":3i7w931o said:
TheLegendOfBoom":3i7w931o said:

What say you?
He just fired Schotty.

OK Wow!

I did NOT see that coming.

Pete is so stubborn and loyal to his coordinators.

Won't fix anything unless Pete turns the keys over completely.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
The only way we can get another Super Bowl is for Pete Carroll to hire a decent OC such as Doug Pederson and let him do his work. No interference, no meddling, just let the guy do what he is good at. Carroll can take over on the defense and focus on that side of the ball while someone like Pederson would man the offense.

Now, what is likely going to happen is Pete Carroll hires another yes man, and we do the same song and dance until it is time for him to retire. Pete's ego is too big to admit that he is inept when it comes to the offense.