Blair or Neal?

nwHawk

Reaction score
With Blair coming off a knee, one would think Ryan Neal, free agent might be expendable. Especially since Neal might get good offers elsewhere.

If both are back next, what or how do you play them?

getnasty

Reaction score
Neal seemed to be fortunate with the ball landing in his lap this year. I hope he's back as depth but Blair is the guy when healthy.

Elemas

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3pp2m12n said:
Keep both and cut Flowers. I think Neal can play CB.

100% agree with this. Neal is hungry and he played well. He deserves a spot. I don't know if he'll be a top tier CB but, I do think it's an upgrade from Flowers.

Blair can ball. The clocks rewinding a bit but, without that boneheaded KJ play, I think Blair would be close to where he needs to be.

I'm talking like Pete Carroll. I don't even know what "...close to where he needs to be" really means. But, I think Blair will be a very good player when he returns.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":1yl93o09 said:
I want to see what Blair is made of. 2nd round pick needs to prove his worth.
Blair’s main problem is he’s not on the field, as he’s always hurt.
I think in the small sample size, he’s flashed at times. Gotta be on the field though or none of that matters.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":i5j71qdh said:
Thepeelsessions":i5j71qdh said:
I want to see what Blair is made of. 2nd round pick needs to prove his worth.
Blair’s main problem is he’s not on the field, as he’s always hurt.
I think in the small sample size, he’s flashed at times. Gotta be on the field though or none of that matters.
Agreed. I'd like to see him get a good shot at a starting spot when he's healthy.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
nwHawk":17tp9tmt said:
With Blair coming off a knee, one would think Ryan Neal, free agent might be expendable. Especially since Neal might get good offers elsewhere.

If both are back next, what or how do you play them?

Play Adams as a flex between safety and Wil

AgentDib

Reaction score
What a bonkers premise for a thread. Ryan Neal is an exclusive rights free agent, which means we can re-sign for him dirt cheap. Marquise Blair is still under a rookie contract for two more seasons.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Blair isn't as versatile. They'll need to stick him somewhere and let him be. Looked good in that big nickle-ish role before going down.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":3ht6l1y2 said:
Blair isn't as versatile. They'll need to stick him somewhere and let him be. Looked good in that big nickle-ish role before going down.

About versatile...your talking about a guy drafted as a safety...played ss and fs and won the nickel corner out the gate this year. Plus in the first few games before injury I remember him blitzing from the outside. He is versatile.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
jamescasey1124":i9aj2j5y said:
Maelstrom787":i9aj2j5y said:

About versatile...your talking about a guy drafted as a safety...played ss and fs and won the nickel corner out the gate this year. Plus in the first few games before injury I remember him blitzing from the outside. He is versatile.

Sure, he projects well to several positions, but he had to be slow rolled into playing time and all indications from Pete were that it was due to him having trouble learning his assignments. That's why I figure he'll be best served focusing on one role. Let the proven guys like Adams move around.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Well, Dave Wyman (who played 9 years in the league) goes on and on about how versatile Blair is as a player. And how much of a loss that was. I trust his opinion a lot.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":3m3junpc said:
jamescasey1124":3m3junpc said:
Maelstrom787":3m3junpc said:

Sure, he projects well to several positions, but he had to be slow rolled into playing time and all indications from Pete were that it was due to him having trouble learning his assignments. That's why I figure he'll be best served focusing on one role. Let the proven guys like Adams move around.

He started the first two games before getting injured. He will be starting nickel next year. No doubt about it.

If they are smart they turn Adam's into weak side lb. That way he can play coverage or blitz. Diggs and amadi fs. Neal and hill/fa/rookie at ss. Plus neal can play as Adam's sub at weak side. We need two man cover corners as starters. The cb and oline positions are the only thing we need this offseason if we resign the players who played well for us like KJ etc.