Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2021 Seahawks Depth Chart, Roster Moves, Cap Position

The Original Seattle Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute for Seahawks Talk, News, Rumors, Trades, and Analytics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
  • Thanks Jville!!!

Updated.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• chris98251 wrote:
    KitsapGuy wrote:

So that's a polite way to say we are fixing the numbers, I have lost a lot of respect for ESPN.

You had respeckt for ESPN??? Me thinks you have a need for a hair cut or maybe you are working on that as your Profile pic....awwww nevermind. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

• Seahawkfan80 wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:
    KitsapGuy wrote:

So that's a polite way to say we are fixing the numbers, I have lost a lot of respect for ESPN.

You had respeckt for ESPN??? Me thinks you have a need for a hair cut or maybe you are working on that as your Profile pic....awwww nevermind. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Should have clarified, I lost respect for ESPN sometime ago, Mediocre.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Brady Henderson
    @BradyHenderson
    CB Damarious Randall's deal with the Seahawks is for one year and $1,127,500, per a source. A $137,500 signing bonus and a non-guaranteed $990K base salary.
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• Thanks Kitsap!!!

Am updated.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• Brady Henderson
    @BradyHenderson
    The Seahawks announced that they've extended team president Chuck Arnold through 2027. He's entering his 28th season with the team and fourth as president, which entails running the business side of the organization.
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• If our pickups play to form, or better, we've made some significant headway during this off-season. It was looking pretty bleak there for awhile, but our FO has come through solid. I'm ready for some fans in the stands FOOTBALL!
    Appyhawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Location: Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montana.

• No doubt!

By most any metric the team has been improved so far this offseason in a situation which was to many quite bleak at first glance. The first phases of team construction are now done. Now for the draft and the UDFA additions along with the non compensatory Free Agents, then finally combing the other teams cut players. JS still has lots to do but the genuine areas of absolute need are few.

It appears clear there is a need for depth at (in no particular order) C, T, CB, WR, and 3 Tech DT. Each of us have different views as to where the priorities are but the team will in all likelihood be address each of these areas.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• While it’s impossible to ignore what was reported on Monday - i.e. that there is an arrest warrant for him in Louisiana, Aldon Smith is currently still on the Seattle Seahawks roster.

As such, some of us are still interested in what his contract with Seattle entails.

There’s no word (yet) on any incentives, but OverTheCap has now published the other relevant information.

No big surprise . . . it’s a Veteran Minimum deal that qualifies for the Veteran Salary Benefit.

Length: 1-year
    Base salary: $990,000
    Signing bonus: $137,500
    Cap hit: $987,500
    Presumably, the signing bonus was guaranteed. Presumably, there is probably a mechanism for the Seahawks getting it back (or at least getting some of it back) if they end up releasing him in the coming days (or weeks), based on his latest incident.

If not, the $137,500 cap hit certainly won’t keep the Hawks from cutting ties if that’s what their “internal investigation” concludes they should do.

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2021/4/21/22 ... ree-agency
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• The Kyle Fuller exclusive rights signing (04/20) is a one year contract consisting $920,000 in base salary with no signing bonus or guarantees.

Apparently, Bryan Mone signed his exclusive rights offer on (04/19). $850,000 in base salary and cap number. No bonus or guarantees.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• Thanks Jville!!!
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• Seahawks have announced they have re-signed Geno Smith. Now have 4 QBs on roster --- Russell Wilson, Danny Etling and Alex McGough. Same 4 as ended last year.
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• Thanks Kitsap!!!

Updated.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• The Geno Smith contract consists of a $137,000 signing bonus plus the minimum base salary of $1,075,000 for 8 accrued seasons. Although his maximum payout works out to $1,212,500, his actual cap number is reduced by the $225,000 veteran cap discount to $987,500.

Today's (4/24) Team Cap Space: $7,520,546

Source OTC >>> https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/seattle-seahawks/
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• Thanks Jville!!!

Updated.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• Pierre Desir signed a one year contract for $1,212,500. Signing bonus was $137,500. His non guaranteed base salary came in at $1,075,000. However, with the discount for veteran minimum, Desir"s actual cap cost is reduced to $987,500.

This morning's (4/29) OTC Seahawk cap space is listed at $7,487,458

Source >>> https://overthecap.com/player/pierre-desir/3066/
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• The team has apparently reached a deal with former Cardinal DT- Robert Nkemdiche who was out of football last season.

This addition could be a sleeper add as when motivated this former #29 first round pick has flashed some ability as a 3 tech.
    If nothing else it is a high potential low risk addition to the DLine depth.

No terms are announced but it is likely a 1 yr.vet min. type deal.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• At Pick #56 the Seahawks selected WR- D'Wayne Eskridge, Westen Michigan.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• At Pick #137 (after a trade down with Tampa Pick #129 for Picks #137 (4th) & #217 (6th) the Hawks selected CB- Tre Brown, Oklahoma.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• At pick #208 (6th round after a trade up with Chicago of picks #217 & #250 for Pick #208) the Hawks selected OT- Stone Forsythe, Florida as their last pick in the draft.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• I plan on holding off posting the college UDFA additions to the roster until there is some official confirmation of the players being signed. At this point it would appear that the team has possibly signed the following players. While reliable posters here at the site have started an excellent UDFA signings thread, sometimes these announcements are in error, the player changes his mind, or the player misunderstood and was only signed to come for a tryout.

The UDFAs apparently signed so far are:

1. WR- Tomorrion Terry, Florida
    2. OG/OT Jared Hocker, TX A&M
    3. OG/C- Pier-Olivier Lestage, Montreal
    4. CB- Bryan Mills, NC Central
    5. OT- Jake Curhan, Cal
    6. RB- Josh Johnson, Louisiana-Monroe
    7. RB- BJ Edmonds, FAU
    8. WR- Cade Johnson, So. Dakota St.
    9. WR/KR- Connor Wedington, Stanford
    10. LB- Jon Rhattigan, Army
    11. DT-Jarrod Hewitt, V Tech

Possibly
    12. OT- Greg Elland, Miss. St.

I would expect to see a few more.

NOTE:
    Interesting there is no announcement of the UDFA player signings from the team so far. I wonder if they will wait until rookie minicamp to do so? This is different from past seasons and it may have something to do with league COVID restrictions.

I keep on checking some official confirmation of the signings, but alas nada so far.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• A very interesting announcement was made by Pete in the post draft presser and that was that the team plans on playing Gabe Jackson as a RG and Damien Lewis as the LG. So much or my thoughts that Lewis might be the centre.

I have made the appropriate switch on the roster page.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• Thanks Jville, I suppose he is an OLB so I’ll put him on the roster as a WOLB but am spitballing this.

Updating.

I don’t believe this player counts against the roster limits but again am unsure.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• jammerhawk wrote:Thanks Jville, I suppose he is an OLB so I’ll put him on the roster as a WOLB but am spitballing this.

Updating.

I don’t believe this player counts against the roster limits but again am unsure.

He doesn't. We can carry 91. Also if he gets cut and cleared waivers we can add him to a protected PS place. It's an extra place on top of the normal allocation and he also cannot be taken from it.
    UK_Seahawk
    NET Veteran

• Thanks UK!!!

Hope he turns out to be worth having on the team.

In due course we should get to find out more about him and what position he really plays. Some interesting numbers though, but against low level competition.

The roster limit then for the off season is now 91 and the PS may be able to have an extra player with Donkor on it. :2thumbs:
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• Thanks Kitsap!!!

Interesting developmental addition.

Will update tonight.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• Thanks Jville!!!

I will be updating soon
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• Thanks UK!!!

Kitsap already had observed that waiver claim of Sauvignon Smith.

Don’t be shy though this is a group enterprise and everyone’s observations are welcomed.

Now updated.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• I would greatly appreciate any member here letting me know when there some official notification about the UDFA signings as at present I am very preoccupied with work and don't have time to check during the day. I will upon notification post these signings as announced on the roster page.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• I guess we are going to find out soon.

Looks to be a potential diamond recovered from the scrapheap. His measures less are certainly out there for sure.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• OTC has posted the Robert Nkemdiche one year contract numbers .............. No signing bonus, non guaranteed salary of $990,000 (min) resulting in a cap number of $850,000

Robert Nkemdiche's cap number is right at the 51st spot .... so no change in team cap space.

Relevant Link >>> https://overthecap.com/player/robert-nkemdiche/4741/
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• Thanks Jville!!!

Updated.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• Linebacker Nate Evans, who was claimed off waivers, has two years remaining on his exclusive rights contract. Base salaries and cap numbers are identical and consist of $660,000 in 2021 and $825,000 in 2022. None of it guaranteed https://overthecap.com/player/nate-evans/9049/

Cornerback Saivion Smith, who was claimed off waivers, has two years as a restricted free agent contract. Identical base salary and cap numbers of $780,00 in 2021 and $895,000 scheduled for 2022. None of it guaranteed. https://overthecap.com/player/saivion-smith/8269/

Tight End Nick Guggemos signed a standard 3 year contract as an undrafted free agent. No guaranteed money. Identical base salary and cap numbers consisting of $660,000 in 2021, $$825,000 in 2022 and $940,000 in 2023. https://overthecap.com/player/nick-guggemos/9726/

None of the above signings affect current Seahawks cap space.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

Previous

It is currently Sat May 08, 2021 6:43 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information