Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2021 Seahawks Depth Chart, Roster Moves, Cap Position

The Original Seattle Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute for Seahawks Talk, News, Rumors, Trades, and Analytics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
  • Thanks Jville!!!

Updated.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• jammerhawk wrote:Here's a combine profile for PS LB- Tanner Muse

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/tanner-mu ... 8e106f171c

All the aspects of Kam role, they said many of the same things about him. But this guy is faster in the 40, his feet do look slow however.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• A potentially interesting addition for sure, and a fairly high draft pick as well, pick 100. However, you have to wonder why the Raiders jettisoned Muse after picking him in the 3rd round just last year.

I see the comparison to KJ Wright, but wonder why Mayock would be so willing to cut Muse loose in only his 2nd year? It would seem KJ took his roster spot, and at this stage is undoubtedly a better player at either OLB position.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• jammerhawk wrote:A potentially interesting addition for sure, and a fairly high draft pick as well, pick 100. However, you have to wonder why the Raiders jettisoned Muse after picking him in the 3rd round just last year.

I see the comparison to KJ Wright, but wonder why Mayock would be so willing to cut Muse loose in only his 2nd year? It would seem KJ took his roster spot, and at this stage is undoubtedly a better player at either OLB position.

Good to see KJ signed with a team. Great Hawk not ring of honor worthy but kicked ass for many years as a Hawk. He'll one day retire a Hawk. Pete hinted he wanted to get younger at the position and to get guys that would provide more QB pressures.
    ArlosSpecial
    NET Starter

• Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• Thanks Jville!!!

Updated.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• OTC's Seahawks cap space was updated this afternoon.

It now reads $5,628,598.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• Thought it would be interesting to predict the week 1 inactives. Assuming the 53 man roster stays the same and no PS guys are called up.

QB Jake Luton (no brainer)

RB Rashaad Penny (not 100% healthy, and doesn't do anything on special teams)

CB Blessuan Austin (new guy gets time to acclimate)

OL Dakoda Shepley and Jake Curhan (I'm assuimg Stone is ahead of Curhan, but could be wrong there)

DE Alton Robinson (he flashed in pre-season, but still a lot of guys ahead of thim.
    Hawkstorian
    * NET Staff *

• .......................................... He was #3 in the pecking order of clearing the way for 2021. :2thumbs:

.....................................................................................................................................................................

I am beginning to wonder about the pro rated signing bonuses that will come due in voided years is becoming.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• Jville wrote:

.......................................... He was #3 in the pecking order of clearing the way for 2021. :2thumbs:

.....................................................................................................................................................................

I am beginning to wonder about the pro rated signing bonuses that will come due in voided years is becoming.

It works for both parties involved and more importantly he can now focus on making Wentz his b!@ch on Sunday :D
    ArlosSpecial
    NET Starter

• Hawkstorian wrote:Thought it would be interesting to predict the week 1 inactives. Assuming the 53 man roster stays the same and no PS guys are called up.

QB Jake Luton (no brainer)

RB Rashaad Penny (not 100% healthy, and doesn't do anything on special teams)

CB Blessuan Austin (new guy gets time to acclimate)

OL Dakoda Shepley and Jake Curhan (I'm assuimg Stone is ahead of Curhan, but could be wrong there)

DE Alton Robinson (he flashed in pre-season, but still a lot of guys ahead of thim.

Robinson is the only one of those that I question. I'm looking forward to seeing him in action.
    oldhawkfan
    NET Veteran

• I'm happy that Diggs is happy going into the season and he should know the team appreciates him. The added cap space has been updated.

The team now has some flexibility to add other depth if such is appropriate.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• I don't know how interested anyone is in void money?

Brown + Everett + Diggs + Pocic have void monies coming due in 2022 totaling $9,025,000

Dunlap + Carson + Mayowa + Hyder void monies coming due beginning in 2023 totaling $8,059,000

So a little over $17M in cap has been mortgaged to get thru this down cap year so far.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• Jville, while your figures are unquestionable it would be easy to spread those void year $ out a few more years by contract renewal with 1 or more of the players involved. As has been elsewhere observed it is easy to manipulate the cap a several other teams in the league have been doing for many years now.

Further the Hawks were one of the teams in the league with amongst the most money to spend in 2022 so they've borrowed against that this season. There is little doubt most of the teams in the league have done similar as well. At present it's just fun with figures, the money is there to pay the bills and the "borrowing" has allowed the team to field a competitive team this year and have cap flexibility this season.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• Yea, I wasn't trying to sound an alarm .... probably shouldn't have used the word mortgage.

The not to exceed ..... dead cap rule of thumb ..... that I am familiar with for good cap management .... is 10% of the cap.

That 10% number is projected to be $20.8M in 2022 and $22.5M in 2023. So the projected void monies listed that will turn into future dead cap in 2022 and later are well within that maximum.

Just thought that the void money status might be of some interest as an example of how well the cap is being managed by the Seahawks front office.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• Never thought you were raising an alarm, you were just doing your usual tremendous job to keep us all informed :2thumbs:

Have really changed my thinking about the cap this offseason. I have lately come to a realization, as have others on the board, that cap management is more about financial manipulation than any hard limitation of the team’s ability to spend when they want to spend. Of course that has some limits, but mostly it’s simply fun with figures. Your point about common sense and usual percentages is appropriate though, and of course the input ownership might have on forward spending is relevant. All this said, cap management is a very interesting subject.

Thank you for your continuing superb contributions to this thread and to the board.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• The minimum PS contract this year is $9,200/wk or $165,600 for 18 weeks.

According to OTC -- Robert Nkemdiche and Jordan Simmons will both receive $14,000/wk or $252,000 if they stay on the PS all year.
    Hawkstorian
    * NET Staff *

• ................................. TE DeShon Williams is now a free agent so one practice squad spot just opened up.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• Regarding dead money --- right now between released players and deals that will void, the Seahawks will go into 2022 with around $11M in dead cap, pretty close to where they stand now with available 2021 cap that would roll over. I imagine if they can go into next year with those two figures in balance, they're doing OK.
    Hawkstorian
    * NET Staff *

• At present according to OTC.com the team has $42,650,000 or thereabouts in available cap with 42 players under contract.to start the 2022 season.

The team is in a great position to make quality additions, and to keep all our keepers. Frankly the FO has done a good job weathering this cap crisis.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• Thanks Jville!!!

Updated as to Rhattigan and Williams.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• jammerhawk wrote:At present according to OTC.com the team has $42,650,000 or thereabouts in available cap with 42 players under contract.to start the 2022 season.

The team is in a great position to make quality additions, and to keep all our keepers. Frankly the FO has done a good job weathering this cap crisis.

Whatever happened to Atkins? I don't remember hearing he signed elsewhere, but I've been overwhelmed by family matters for a few months now. Just about to get that all taken care of though and ready for the season! Go Hawks...it's GAMEDAY!
    Appyhawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Location: Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montana.

• At this point perhaps Atkins wants too much money or is not able to pass a physical. Time will tell as to him eventually playing here. Perhaps as well the team is more concerned as to the CB depth situation and working on another acquisition .
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• According the NFL gamebook --- Bless Austin is #36. Seahawks.Com has him at #31.
    Hawkstorian
    * NET Staff *

• That’s curious, and Austin’s actual number may in fact be 36, but the team site and Ourlads.com says it’s 31 so until I see a real change on either site I will leave it as 31 on the OP.

Interesting group of insctives with a few surprises, in Collier and Collins.

LB- Rhattiban now reverts back to the PS.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• jammerhawk wrote:That’s curious, and Austin’s actual number may in fact be 36, but the team site and Ourlads.com says it’s 31 so until I see a real change on either site I will leave it as 31 on the OP.

Interesting group of insctives with a few surprises, in Collier and Collins.

LB- Rhattiban now reverts back to the PS.

I'd love to see Rhattigan come back and get more play time. How cool to see another UDFA make an active roster. Further proof that PC likes the competition aspect and rewards performance.

And I realized it's just a typo, but "insctives" is a hard word to pronounce; try it! ;)
    Ad Hawk
    NET Veteran

• Bang!!! Got me!

I'll be 'insctive' for a bit.

Rhattighan can only be brought up from the PS 1 more time this season w/o a formal roster move.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• jammerhawk wrote:Rhattighan can only be brought up from the PS 1 more time this season w/o a formal roster move.

I cannot think whom he would replace, but I like his work ethic. I hope he enjoys the small chances he gets to play in this league; I doubt he takes it for granted.
    Ad Hawk
    NET Veteran

• I'd expect a few roster moves today as it would appear likely that Penny will go on IR and there is an open PS spot. The two WRs Hart and Eskridge both are in the concussion protocol.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• Here's a WIKI on Polite who was an early 3rd rd. pick by the Jets in 2019: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jachai_Polite

and draft profile: https://www.nfl.com/prospects/jachai-po ... 83363f62fb

Jeremy Fowler of ESPN is reporting via Twitter that OLB - Jon Rhattighan has been signed to the 53 from the PS on a 1 year deal.

This has been reported by Bob Condotta on Twitter as well.

I will hold off changing the OP until I see some official confirmation which will as well result in another corresponding necessary roster move.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• jammerhawk wrote:Here's a WIKI on Polite who was an early 3rd rd. pick by the Jets in 2019: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jachai_Polite

and draft profile: https://www.nfl.com/prospects/jachai-po ... 83363f62fb

Jeremy Fowler of ESPN is reporting via Twitter that OLB - Jon Rhattighan has been signed to the 53 from the PS on a 1 year deal.

This has been reported by Bob Condotta on Twitter as well.

I will hold off changing the OP until I see some official confirmation which will as well result in another corresponding necessary roster move.

Good for the Kid for all his hard work.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• It would appear that OG- Jordan Simmons has been claimed/signed from the PS by the Raiders, as per Condotta and Field Gulls.

This opens 3 PS slots and with e Rhattighan move there will need to be a roster move on the 53.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• ESPN Seahawks wire is reporting that OC-Pocic is on IR and confirms Rhattighan's elevation.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• Here now are the announced roster moves:

www.seahawks.com/team/transactions

09/15
    Placed C Ethan Pocic on injured reserve. Signed LB Jon Rhattigan from practice squad. Signed WR De'Quan Hampton, TE Michael Jacobson and WR Connor Wedington to practice squad. G Jordan Simmons signed to Raiders active roster from practice squad.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• Thanks 'Storian!!!

Updated.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• Wonder if he's got his issues sorted out? He's potentially a good player.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• jammerhawk wrote:Wonder if he's got his issues sorted out? He's potentially a good player.

His knees are the other issue that will need to be checked.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• His knee that was injured ACL/LCL has now had more than 18 months to recover. Of course his knees will need to check out for sure.

What concerns me more is his attitude and whether he’s prepared to earn his way onto the roster after being ‘a chosen one’

The talent is undoubtedly there, but is his mind right?
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• Thanks Jville!!!

Updated.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• DT- 92- Robert Nkemdiche now reverts back to the PS.

Updated.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• They go shopping for defensive tackles as Robert Nkemdiche returns to the practice squad.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• Thanks Jville!!!

Mabry may have competition in Sternberger or not. For sure it is clear the team is looking for something at TE that hasn’t yet been found as JS sifts through available talent at TE looking for ‘that guy’.

I will hold off posting this roster move until it becomes official and the corresponding player to be released is announced.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• I hadn't realized that Sternberger was suspended until 21/9/21 when he was reinstated and then was waived by the Packers. WIKI shows him as being signed by the team on the 23rd but there is no official transaction record of that occurring yet.

Here's the WIKI on him: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jace_Sternberger

CURIOUS
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

PreviousNext

It is currently Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:30 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information