Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2021 Seahawks Depth Chart, Roster Moves, Cap Position

The Original Seattle Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute for Seahawks Talk, News, Rumors, Trades, and Analytics. LANGUAGE: PG-13

• The Jace Sternberger addition is now official and listed on NFL transactions. The corresponding PS deletion is TE-Jacobsen who has been waived.

Updated.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• It is worth noting that DT/DE- Nkemdiche has now been brought up from the PS 2x so he can be returned to the PS but if brought up again must be a full member of the 53 and cannot be brought up and returned to the PS again this season.

The real question to me is what is happening with Collier?
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• Both Nkemdiche and Thompson revert to the PS.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• 09/28
    Released QB Jake Luton. Signed DT Robert Nkemdiche from practice squad. Released WR De'Quan Hampton and WR Connor Wedington from practice squad.

Source: http://www.seahawks.com/team/transactions

Updated.

Now 3 open PS spots.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• jammerhawk wrote:
    09/28
    Released QB Jake Luton. Signed DT Robert Nkemdiche from practice squad. Released WR De'Quan Hampton and WR Connor Wedington from practice squad.

Source: http://www.seahawks.com/team/transactions

Updated.

Now 3 open PS spots.

So look for Centers and CB's from all over to be brought in, possibly LB's.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Hope so b/c the D looked awful last game, and has for some while.

Finding an answer to the middle zone weakness has to happen soon.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• Here are the latest team roster moves.

09/29
    Signed WR Phillip Dorsett II, TE Ryan Izzo and QB Jake Luton to the practice squad. Placed TE Gerald Everett on the reserve/COVID-19 list.

http://www.seahawks.com/team/transactions

Updated.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• jammerhawk wrote:Here are the latest team roster moves.

09/29
    Signed WR Phillip Dorsett II, TE Ryan Izzo and QB Jake Luton to the practice squad. Placed TE Gerald Everett on the reserve/COVID-19 list.

http://www.seahawks.com/team/transactions

Updated.

I check this thread all the time looking for some hope. None today it appears.
    JayhawkMike
    NET Veteran

• My friend, the glass is either half full or half empty. I am by nature a former type and constantly look for the positive. I fundamentally won’t allow myself to get into the mindset of “things could be worse, though I’m not sure how”. A few Ws in row will go a very long way to changing your viewpoint.

While I frequently disagree with personnel decisions and am of late greatly discouraged by the team’s defensive performance over the last season plus but especially the last game and a half I still can see that the team has on it’s roster lots of talented players. The D played well at the end of last year after threatening to be the historical worst ever, so there is that which shows they can figure it out. At present they don’t seem to be there yet.

With all things the tide comes in and the tide goes out, things will get better or worse. You can be bummed all the time or look for some sunshine through the rain.

I will remain a fan of the Seahawks regardless of direction and swill strive to see the positives that are present.

It seems clear to me that JS is still combing the castoff pile to find players that may incrementally improve the team and that they are looking to find value. It certainly can be discouraging at times to watch the same stuff work against them over and again without answer. I don’t believe though that the talent on the team at present is unable to change their direction unlike a few others.

A season is in the end a marathon and early success may help but it doesn’t tell the whole story of how the finish will be.

Keep the faith!

GO HAWKS!!!
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• Thanks Jayhawk!!!

The Penny move is quite overdue, maybe 6 games from now we may see him back for a partial season. He certainly hasn’t ever been healthy and is about to outdo the emulated Procise, promise unrealized, like Procise the talent has flashed but he can’t stay on the field. The depth at TE took a hit with the loss of TE- Everett to COVID Reserve. This is a big hit to team depth so Parkinson will need to show up.

Thompson is up from the PS for his last time before a call up to the 53 permanently is necessary.

Updated.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• WR- Cody Thompson reverts to the PS.

Updated.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• Do we usually get an injury report in this section?
    ArlosSpecial
    NET Starter

• ArlosSpecial wrote:Do we usually get an injury report in this section?

No.
    Hawkstorian
    * NET Staff *

• Washington Football Team has signed TE- Jace Sternberger from the PS.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• CB- Tre Brown has been designated for return from IR and has started practicing.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• ArlosSpecial wrote:Do we usually get an injury report in this section?

Arlos you can usually find that information easily at Bob Condotta's Twitter page. The team during a regular week is required to publish an injury report three times so the fantasy folks and the bettors are informed.

It'd really be a noble project for the board for someone to report it here over the length of a season but it is a big job, would require a consistent investment of time, and could require some help from other board members.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• Bob Condotta is reporting as are others that CB- Tre Flowers has been released.

Would Tre Brown please step forward.

Updated.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• From the practice photos posted on .Com today --- Danny Etling is #15. It's the only QB # available with Ursua out for the year.
    Hawkstorian
    * NET Staff *

• Thanks John!!!

I also noticed #15 on one of the QBs when Cobndotta was showing practice video of RW practicing.

I suspect you are right but the team roster page shows him having #9 the same # as the other PS QB- Jake Luton. #9 was the previous number Etling had earlier this year so they likely just guessed..

Suspect the team’s site is wrong as per usual as it still shows Jace Sternberger on the PS.

I will update.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• jammerhawk wrote:
    ArlosSpecial wrote:Do we usually get an injury report in this section?

Arlos you can usually find that information easily at Bob Condotta's Twitter page. The team during a regular week is required to publish an injury report three times so the fantasy folks and the bettors are informed.

It'd really be a noble project for the board for someone to report it here over the length of a season but it is a big job, would require a consistent investment of time, and could require some help from other board members.

Right on I'll start with the Pitt game.
    Out-No Wilson
    Out for the remainder of the season-Eskridge
    Doubtful-Parkinson due to a foot ailment probably lol
    ArlosSpecial
    NET Starter

• Arlos:

Please post the injury stuff in a separate thread, as it deserves it's own thread.

However thanks for the info. Sucks about Eskridge as I hadn't seen any report on him being out for the year.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• jammerhawk wrote:
    Suspect the team’s site is wrong as per usual

Seahawks.Com roster is quite often wrong. That's why your team here works hard to give the best updated info.
    Hawkstorian
    * NET Staff *

• Believe me I know it, and appreciate it!
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• Bob Condotta is reporting via Twitter that rookie CB _Tre Brown will be activated for the Steelers game.

Bob Condotta
    @bcondotta·
    24m
    Carroll said rookie cornerback Tre Brown will play against the Steelers. So he'll be one of the players added to roster as Wilson goes on IR. Seattle actually is only at 52 at the moment anyway after waiving Tre Flowers.

I've updated even though this roster move is not yet finalized.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• Thanks Jville!!!

Got it for Tre Brown and now updated for Pocic, Carson, and Wilson.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• Seems to me that week 6 performances will also feature a lot of auditions.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• Thanks Jville!!!

Updating.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• By rule both WR- Phillip Dorsett, and QB- Jake Luton revert to the PS, leaving the team with an open roster spot. Dorsett will now need to be formally signed up to the 53 to come back again to play, Luton can be brought up once again before he will need to be signed to the team.

https://www.seahawks.com/team/transactions/

Updated
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• Seahawks.Com has updated PS roster numbers.

Aaron Fuller has switched to #87 with Eason at #17.

Ryan Izzo is #49.
    Hawkstorian
    * NET Staff *

• Thanks John!!!

Have been waiting on the Izzo number for month, Seahawks.com certain;ly is slow and is like the defense, simply not competing terms of reporting on the roster.

Updated.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• Not wanting to create a new thread --- but I was looking over the roster and trying to identify a single player that has exceeded what we would have expected or hoped for at the start of the year. I'm having a hard time finding a single one.

Also, when you look at every off-season move, can we say a single one has stood out as being a significant positive for the team? I mean, Gabe Jackson has been decent so that's something. Am I missing something?
    Hawkstorian
    * NET Staff *

• By rule QB- Jake Luton reverts to the PS.

Updated.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• Thanks Jville!!!

Updating.

Sad news about Blair who has truly had problems staying healthy, he's yet another in a long line of early draft picks who have been unable to stay on the field. I will jump the gun a place him on IR even though it hasn't been announced
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• jammerhawk wrote:Thanks Jville!!!

Updating.

Sad news about Blair who has truly had problems staying healthy, he's yet another in a long line of early draft picks who have been unable to stay on the field. I will jump the gun a place him on IR even though it hasn't been announced

That was the problem with Blair, he has the heart of Kam and wants to hit like him but the body of a CB and not a stout one. Not sure how he hurt the knee, watched his tackle and it didn't look that bad unless he hurt it before that.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• He’s another player possibly drafted earlier than consensus would have found him drafted. He’s flashed some real ability but simply is unable to stay healthy. Blair has the right attitude but perhaps should only be playing CB and not S, this latest knee injury may take from him the ability to run fast enough to play the position, he’s too brittle to play S. At this point like Collier they are both JAGs and have been a disappointment. You can say the same for Penny who has spent more time with the training staff than on the field he was clearly a draft miss as a result. Sadly like many other players on other teams the player just can’t play Pro ball and stay healthy. Collier is different and has never developed or really flashed much either, and can’t beat out younger players in practice.

Funny as well that injury history as a college player seems almost irrelevant for many players so it’s a crap shoot guessing if the guy will be a reliable player as a pro.

All in all the team is seemingly failing in the personnel area at several positions. The results are beginning to show on the field.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• Tanner Muse, Clemson

While it would be a stretch to call him Kam Chancellor 2.0, at least from a size and athleticism standpoint, Muse offers an intriguing comparison. At 6-foot-2, 227 pounds, he's nearly the same size as Chancellor when he came out of Virginia Tech, and he was a highly-productive All-American for the Tigers (191 tackles, seven interceptions). Many scouts have felt Muse would need to move to linebacker to make it in the NFL, but after running an impressive 4.42-second 40-yard dash, he's likely caught the attention of teams such as the Seahawks as a versatile box safety with the potential to be drafted as early as the third or fourth round.
    Corbin K. Smith
    By
    Corbin K. Smith

Posted byPanthers
    u/krum81
    2 years ago
    Tanner Muse just had an insane Pro Day, and I'm baffled.

40: 4.38

20-SS: 4.12

3-cone: 6.84

Vert: 34.5"

Broad: 10'3"

He's also 6'3 227. As a Clemson fan, I've probably watched every snap of his career. The 40 isn't a huge surprise. I knew he was fast in a straight line, but those agilities are elite. Where do they show up on tape. I'm not sure I've ever seen a player with numbers so different than what you'd expect. Where does he end up falling in the draft, cause I could see a team picking him day 2 just off those measurables.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• Thanks Jville!!!

Always thought this player had real potential. Athletically he certainly is over the top. Sure hope he has a great game tomorrow.

Updated.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• Lets see if he learned cover skills, or maybe moving Adams to more LB and this kid play a inside the box SS.

I know he is for special teams replacing Blair, but those measurables I hope see the field as more enforcer level SS.

But of course he will play LB and like Flowers who was a Safety has to learn a position rather then play comfortable.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

PreviousNext

It is currently Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:59 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information