Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2021 Seahawks Depth Chart, Roster Moves, Cap Position

The Original Seattle Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute for Seahawks Talk, News, Rumors, Trades, and Analytics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
  • Good to see there is a healthy interest in keeping tabs on coaching staff churn. :2thumbs:

Kyle Fuller should probably be listed as an exclusive rights free agent. He appeared in 9 games in both 2017 and 2020. He saw the field in only 2 games in 2018 which was below the minimum for a season credit. He saw no game day action in 2019. So he currently owns two credited seasons. https://www.seahawks.com/team/players-roster/kyle-fuller/

The team has tendered defensive tackle Bryan Mone and offensive lineman Kyle Fuller as Exclusive Rights Free Agents (ERFAs), per ESPN’s Brady Henderson. For ERFAs all a team has to do is offer a one-year contract for the league minimum (which varies based on accrued seasons) and at that point negotiating with other teams is completely off the table. The minimum is $660,000 for rookies, $780,000 after two accrued seasons, and $850k for three. https://www.fieldgulls.com/2021/3/11/22324683/seattle-seahawks-news-tender-bryan-mone-kyle-fuller-as-exclusive-rights-free-agents
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• I can see from this that I have as a result of incorrect information, that was earlier on OTC.com, listed Fuller as a RFA and will now change that and update listing him and also show both him and Mone as re-signed ERFAs. I appreciate they have both just been tendered but they can only sign with the Seahawks until they are released.

Given the cap situation and money situation I'd not be surprised to see the team re-up each one of the other ERFAs.

Updated.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• Thanks Jville!!!

Updated.

I’d not be surprised to see CB- Linden Stephens re-signed soon as well.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• Thanks Jville!

Updated.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• Seahawks re-up DT- Poona Ford for 2 years instead of RFA tending him.

per: http://www.Rotoworld.com

POONA FORD
    DL, SEATTLE SEAHAWKS

Seahawks signed DT Poona Ford to a two-year contract extension.

CORRECTION

Ford was given a 2nd rd RFA tender then the 2 year deal was reached..

Win-win situation for both parties which rewards Poona for playing well..
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• The Seahawks have reached a deal with CB- Ahkello Witherspoon

from http://www.Rotoworld.com

Seahawks signed CB Ahkello Witherspoon, formerly of the 49ers, to a one-year contract.

Bob Condotta is reporting the deal is 1 year for $4 million fully guaranteed.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• The Seahawks have reached a deal with TE- Gerald Everett

See below:

Ian Rapoport
    @RapSheet

49m
    The #Seahawks are signing TE Gerald Everett to a 1-year deal worth $6M, source said. The former #Rams TE finds a home.

This player is 26 and familiar with the new OC's schemes.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• David Moore reaches a deal with the Panthers.

Bob Condotta Retweeted

Joe Person
    @josephperson
    ·
    13m
    Panthers have a deal in place with former Seahawks WR David Moore, per league source. Fitterer fit.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• Thanks Kitsap!!!

Well, the team at least has a starting quality OC back on the roster.

All in all though I just don't think Pocic has that necessary 'it' or is physically strong enough to be a dominant presence in the middle of the O line.

I hope the whole contract is not guaranteed.

updated.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• That all settles some things, and that's a good thing. But I have a feeling there's some real fireworks with the fuse already lit. Not only do we have some very valuable players on the market, we have holes to fill. When will the big bang blow?
    Appyhawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Location: Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montana.

• I suspect JS has spoken with the reps of each of the guys they want to keep and are checking in with them regularly. We are now at the restructuring phase and if there have been trade feelers that’d slow the restructures as the team the would have to carry dead cap or have accelerate so less news will happen as things sort themselves out. I’m sure the comp pick calculation is big for this calculus now.

Several the bigger money prospect FAs may still be holding out for bigger deals in a very unfavourable market for those bigger deals. Some will be shocked at their lack of interest but should know it’s market related. After watching JS work you have to think he’s got several pots boiling and potential deals cooking. Like you I suspect something big is in the works as there are a few position groups that really still need help.

This is when the hard work gets done by JS.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• Thanks Kitsap!!!

Updated.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• Seahawks sign DE/DT- Kerry Hyder of the 49ers 3 yrs/$16.5 mil (Note the 3rd year is for $10 mil and is a voidable year, so the contract may actually be 2yrs./$6.5 mil)

https://www.nbcsports.com/edge/football ... erry-hyder

I see this player as a 5 tech or situational 3 tech and not as a pure DE.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• So far everything is going great. Next phase will be the horse trading for draft picks or players under contract.
    FresnoHawk68
    NET Veteran

• Thanks Jville!!!

Good re-signing. :2thumbs:

Updating.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• So lots of news to unpack today.

Apparently the team wanted to rework Reed’s deal, he didn’t, and they have agreed to disagree. Reed is now to be either traded or released. Apparently hot on the tail of that news the team has reached a new 2 year deal with Carlos Dunlap for 2 years at $16. 6 million/ $8.5 million guaranteed. I am curious to know if there is a voidable year attached to this contract?

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2021/3/25/22 ... p-nfl-news

Holy Moly!!!

My theory at present is that Hyder will play 3 tech mostly and switch off with Collier and have the other younger pass rushers school with Dunlap. Thankfully the team has Ford and Mone, suspect the team will have a few candidates for depth positions on the DLine. i could as well see the team adding another veteran on a short term deal. This is an addition through subtraction type happening for sure. Looks to me the pass rush has been improved.

This is certainly turning out to be an interesting off season, already there have been some surprises. Today was a surprise. There is still lots more to come and the team will need to bolster the CBs soon or look to the draft for help.

At present I will hold off on posting the re-signing of Dunlap and will also wait on a team announcement of the signing and the release or trade of Reed until tomorrow when I expect some formal announcements.

EDIT: At present Jarran Reed is still on the team roster (though apparently not for long) but will stay on the roster page until some formal move occurs. I've updated the roster to show the Dunlap re-signing.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• Bob Condotta
    @bcondotta

Seahawks just officially announced they have released Jarran Reed.
    1:24 PM · Mar 26, 2021·

Bob Condotta
    @bcondotta
    Seahawks bring back a blast from the past to help fill the pending Jarran Reed void.

Ian Rapoport
    @RapSheet
    · 1h
    For the #Seahawks and DT Al Woods: 1-year, $3.0M, source said, with a $750,000 signing bonus for the 34-year old.
    12:12 PM · Mar 26, 2021·
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• Bob Condotta reports that the team has signed veteran DT-Al Woods to replace Jarran Reed.

Bob Condotta
    @bcondotta
    ·
    2h
    Seahawks bring back a blast from the past to help fill the pending Jarran Reed void.
    Quote Tweet

Ian Rapoport
    @RapSheet
    · 2h
    For the #Seahawks and DT Al Woods: 1-year, $3.0M, source said, with a $750,000 signing bonus for the 34-year old.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• Nice creative cap manipulation.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• 2021 the year of...........

chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• No kidding, creative borrowing from future cap(s), points out how artificial the cap really is. "For a hamburger today, I'll pay you Tuesday".

If the cap doesn't increase next year there are going to need to be some significant changes in how long the obligations can be pushed ahead.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• Rapoport's conclusion is wrong. Reed in now KC because it was about the money and the cap. It' a deal that pays about $2 mil less than his terminated deal in Seattle. But he got his release and has landed at a place of his choice.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• He may find he made a mistake as going to KC while going to good team could result in him playing a lot less and thus getting less chances to get the stats he needs to get him the BIG contract he wants. The DLine in KC is pretty stacked.

I wish him luck and thank him for his play here.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• I'm OK with Woods. A big guy like that clogs things up, discouraging runs up the middle, and can at least work to close lanes with good arm reach. Our rush from outside should be pretty good closing down the outside. That leaves Poona and Collier to man the outside line holes and they'll have help with that. Good line play will aid our secondary. I think we're looking pretty solid defensively, with some depth for good measure, if we can get our CB ship floating. Not convinced we're there yet in that regard.
    Appyhawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• I agree on the CB front several may still be need to be added. Presently still think there'd be room to add another 3 tech type DLineman and a C and they've then done good job.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• Jonathan Bullard has moved on to Atlanta .............

Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• Thanks Jville!!!

I had noted that on the OP but didn’t post it here. I prefer your way. That contract will help the comp pick calculus.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• Master roster has already been updated. Paper work summited and official announcement confirmed today .....

Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• Here is a new update ..............

Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• Thanks Jville!!!!

I’m a bit disappointed in this one, but guess the team wanted to see more from him before paying him. It’s not all bad as it helps with the comp pick totals.

In a way Dunbar didn’t show much here. After starting slow and missing camp with his criminal cloud and commish suspension he was slow to pick up the Seahawks style of playing CB, then got hurt just as it began to look like he was getting it.

There is still a clear need at CB, and it may become a critical need.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• I think CB is one of the positions you need solid depth. Those guys get hurt too often, especially in run support. We not only have starter questions, we have depth questions. I agree having Blaire back, and Amadi, will bolster coverage ability, but I don't really see those guys as CB oriented. I also expect a lot of CB demand at the higher end of the draft, so getting someone topnotch via that mode may be a challenge.
    Sherm is an alternative we need to consider carefully. I worry about his durability, and don't question that he isn't what he was, but he's still very good in comparison to most of what's out there.
    Appyhawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• KitsapGuy wrote:

So that's a polite way to say we are fixing the numbers, I have lost a lot of respect for ESPN.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

PreviousNext

It is currently Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:41 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information