PFF Free Agent Predictions

massari

Reaction score
RB CHRIS CARSON
Prediction: Bills sign Carson for three years, $27 million ($9M APY): $15 million total guaranteed, $10 million fully guaranteed at signing.

CB SHAQUILL GRIFFIN
Prediction: Seahawks sign Griffin for three years, $28.5 million ($9.5M APY): $15.5M total guaranteed, $8M fully guaranteed at signing.

CB QUINTON DUNBAR
Prediction: Seahawks sign Dunbar for two years, $12 million ($6M APY): $9.5M total guaranteed, $7.5M fully guaranteed at signing.

EDGE LEONARD FLOYD
Prediction: Seattle signs Floyd for three years, $40 million ($13.33M APY): $22.5 million total guaranteed, $13.5 million fully guaranteed at signing.

LB K.J. WRIGHT
Prediction: Seattle signs Wright for two years, $12 million ($6M APY): $6 million total guaranteed, $5 million fully guaranteed at signing.

CB KEVIN KING
Prediction: Seattle signs King for one year, $3.5 million. $1.5 million fully guaranteed at signing.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-2021-free- ... ree-agents

What do you think? Who are you hoping the Hawks sign?

Throwdown

Reaction score
Rather just let Shaq walk and roll with Dunbar/Flower/rookie and Reed

Floyd would be a huge get

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Throwdown":3qqxcmzn said:
Rather just let Shaq walk and roll with Dunbar/Flower/rookie and Reed

Floyd would be a huge get

Floyd does set an impressive edge. Impressive savvy in the run game against mobile quarterbacks, the Rams befuddled Wilson with him. Good piece to have against guys like Murray and Jackson.

OP
OP
M

massari

Reaction score
Low key hoping to sign LG Brandon Scherff and/or C Corey Linsley, but loading up on defenders is probably the way to go.

sdog1981

Reaction score
massari":2jbxnu2i said:
Low key hoping to sign LG Brandon Scherff and/or C Corey Linsley, but loading up on defenders is probably the way to go.

That would be shocking if they did pull that off. I however don't think it will happen.

One thing that PFF has talked about is, how many more Free Agents will be available this season due to cap issues across the leauge. There very well could be a bunch of players taking 1 year deals.

ttown0026

Reaction score
Really hoping Seattle grabs a good/great offensive lineman or two. If Pete wants to run the ball, he needs to invest in the offensive line. I believe Seattle's SB year, they had one of the highest paid offensive lines, if not the most.

AgentDib

Reaction score
I know PFF is just guessing here but those numbers don't match up to me. Carson, Dunbar and Griffin's deals look like you'd expect if 2021 free agency was in more normal circumstances, while KJ and Floyd's deals look like bargains that only happen if free agents are strongly affected by the cap shrinking.

TraderGary

Reaction score
massari":1ftwljw7 said:
RB CHRIS CARSON
Prediction: Bills sign Carson for three years, $27 million ($9M APY): $15 million total guaranteed, $10 million fully guaranteed at signing.

CB SHAQUILL GRIFFIN
Prediction: Seahawks sign Griffin for three years, $28.5 million ($9.5M APY): $15.5M total guaranteed, $8M fully guaranteed at signing.

CB QUINTON DUNBAR
Prediction: Seahawks sign Dunbar for two years, $12 million ($6M APY): $9.5M total guaranteed, $7.5M fully guaranteed at signing.

EDGE LEONARD FLOYD
Prediction: Seattle signs Floyd for three years, $40 million ($13.33M APY): $22.5 million total guaranteed, $13.5 million fully guaranteed at signing.

LB K.J. WRIGHT
Prediction: Seattle signs Wright for two years, $12 million ($6M APY): $6 million total guaranteed, $5 million fully guaranteed at signing.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-2021-free- ... ree-agents

What do you think? Who are you hoping the Hawks sign?
If those numbers for Carson are what teams are willing to pay in the open market, I let him walk.

Same for Griffin. I don't see him as anything special. I didn't see any growth with him this past season. I think he's a league average starting CB, maybe slightly above. But I think he has peaked. I think there will be better and cheaper options available.

K.J. Wright had a great year, maybe his best. Even though he is aging and has lost a step, if we could re-sign him at the figures PFF is quoting, I would do that in a heartbeat.

I agree with the other posters about Floyd. He would be a great addition.

I also agree with another poster that we need to find some available cap to invest in the OL, and not just a couple of place-holders either. LG may be our biggest hole on the team going into next season.

JS is going to have his hands full finding enough room under the cap for everyone, particularly with the cap going down. Some difficult decisions are going to need to be made for all teams, and there should be a lot of talent available on the open market, and at a reduced rate given the lack of cap flexibility around the league. I think it's going to be a very interesting off-season full of surprises.

getnasty

Reaction score
Including the playoffs Floyd had 12.5 sacks this year with 7 of them coming against Seattle in 3 games. That's 5.5 sack in the other 15 games he played in.

Hard to say if he's a great pass rusher or just thrives off playing 1 team that gives up a ton of sacks and also benefits from Donald being inside.

Prior to this year Floyd was a huge bust but definitely has tons of talent. I don't see Seattle having money to sign him unless they let Dunlap go.

sdog1981

Reaction score
getnasty":1dng5l38 said:
Including the playoffs Floyd had 12.5 sacks this year with 7 of them coming against Seattle in 3 games. That's 5.5 sack in the other 15 games he played in.

Hard to say if he's a great pass rusher or just thrives off playing 1 team that gives up a ton of sacks and also benefits from Donald being inside.

Prior to this year Floyd was a huge bust but definitely has tons of talent. I don't see Seattle having money to sign him unless they let Dunlap go.

5.5 sacks is really close to his career average. I think he is going to attempt to cash in on his 12 sack season.

OP
OP
M

massari

Reaction score
Anyone notice all the good Safeties that are free agents? hmmm

Wouldn't mind Carson back on a transition tag for 1 year $8.5M either.

Teahawks

Reaction score
Seems weird the Bills would sign Carson with their 2 young RBs.

I'd be down for all those signings though except Griffin.

OP
OP
M

massari

Reaction score
Would you guys sign Richard Sherman over Shaq Griffin if they had the same cap hit?

Hoping they can bring in Kevin King for cheap to compete with Flowers and Dunbar for a starting spot.

chris98251

Reaction score
massari":2p7v62bs said:
Would you guys sign Richard Sherman over Shaq Griffin if they had the same cap hit?

Hoping they can bring in Kevin King for cheap to compete with Flowers and Dunbar for a starting spot.

No, Sherman had his day, but he has been dinged a lot the last two years and his play style won't help that.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
massari":i26k3w41 said:

I don't see Dunbar being back. Pete hinted that he really wasn't a fit for what he likes to do (after seeing him play). Maybe Dunbar's injury had something to do with it. He's soon to be a free agent and he may want to go to a team that would be more of a natural fit for his skill set.
https://www.si.com/nfl/seahawks/new...-to-struggle-transitioning-to-seahawks-scheme

If it comes down to a choice between Dunbar and Griffin. I'd rather they go with Griffin. At least, he's proven that he can be adequate in the scheme. Not spectacular but good enough. Something that Dunbar, to this point, has not shown.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
massari":hnx7bn36 said:

I dunno. King just has a bad vibe about him, like he's cursed. If he's involved in a play, bad things happen. Reminds me of Jeremy Lane after his injury. Rather roll with Flowers.

Sherm can't come back for team chemistry purposes, imo. Just can't.

Fade

Reaction score
Floyd & Linsley. Stahp loading up on JAGs like they did in last year's Free Agency. Quality over quantity.

Floyd and Dunlap would be a return to what they had at DE with Avril & Bennett. Linsley is better than what Unger was, and is a scheme fit.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
Dline is fine. Specially with taylor next year. No way they sign floyd. Money needs to be spent at resigning a few and then positions of immediate need ol and cb. Not de. where we drafted two players last year.