Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Chad Wheeler is in King County Jail.

The Original Seattle Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute for Seahawks Talk, News, Rumors, Trades, and Analytics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Chad Wheeler is in King County Jail.
Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:41 pm

• King County Correctional Facility records show #Seahawks backup offensive lineman Chad Wheeler is in King County Jail. Booked there 1:19 a.m. Saturday on suspicion of felony domestic assault. Bond set at $400,000, according to King County court records.
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Re: Chad Wheeler is in King County Jail.
Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:59 pm
  • KitsapGuy wrote:

King County Correctional Facility records show #Seahawks backup offensive lineman Chad Wheeler is in King County Jail. Booked there 1:19 a.m. Saturday on suspicion of felony domestic assault. Bond set at $400,000, according to King County court records.

Dumb ass! Goodbye!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:08 am
  • :34853_doh:

A Kent Police Department report said police responded to a call of a woman who was locked in a bathroom following a “physical fight” with her boyfriend.

The victim had called 911 to state that she was being “killed.” Police were advised that she had suffered a dislocated arm and was bleeding.

According to the report, when officers arrived they could hear screaming from inside the apartment, and after forcing their way in they heard more screaming from a bathroom. They forced their way in to the bathroom and found the victim and Wheeler. He was standing beside her, the report said.

Wheeler initially was uncooperative before being detained, the report said, and he did not speak to officers.

She was transported to Valley Medical Center in Kent because of arm pain, the report said.

Wheeler is 6 feet 7 and 310 pounds, and the victim is 5-9 and 145 pounds, the report said.

According to the report, Wheeler had been on medication for bi-polar disorder but had not taken it of late.

The report said the incident began when Wheeler asked the victim to bow to him, and when she did not he grabbed her and threw her on a bed.

The report said Wheeler then strangled the victim before she lost consciousness. The report also said when she regained consciousness, Wheeler was standing near the bed and said, “Wow you’re alive?”

The victim then ran into the bathroom where she called 911 and family, according to the report. Wheeler picked the lock on the door and entered before officers arrived.

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/sea ... -violence/
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:38 am
  • I guess he won't be back next year.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:44 am
  • getnasty wrote:I guess he won't be back next year.

Seems a safe bet.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:24 am
  • KitsapGuy wrote::34853_doh:

A Kent Police Department report said police responded to a call of a woman who was locked in a bathroom following a “physical fight” with her boyfriend.

The victim had called 911 to state that she was being “killed.” Police were advised that she had suffered a dislocated arm and was bleeding.

According to the report, when officers arrived they could hear screaming from inside the apartment, and after forcing their way in they heard more screaming from a bathroom. They forced their way in to the bathroom and found the victim and Wheeler. He was standing beside her, the report said.

Wheeler initially was uncooperative before being detained, the report said, and he did not speak to officers.

She was transported to Valley Medical Center in Kent because of arm pain, the report said.

Wheeler is 6 feet 7 and 310 pounds, and the victim is 5-9 and 145 pounds, the report said.

According to the report, Wheeler had been on medication for bi-polar disorder but had not taken it of late.

The report said the incident began when Wheeler asked the victim to bow to him, and when she did not he grabbed her and threw her on a bed.

The report said Wheeler then strangled the victim before she lost consciousness. The report also said when she regained consciousness, Wheeler was standing near the bed and said, “Wow you’re alive?”

The victim then ran into the bathroom where she called 911 and family, according to the report. Wheeler picked the lock on the door and entered before officers arrived.

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/sea ... -violence/

Woah
    Smellyman
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:31 am
  • getnasty wrote:I guess he won't be back next year.

Mr Wheeler, Jerruh Jones is on line 1.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:44 am
  • I hate to comment on these things this early in the process, but it don't sound good TBS. Sounds like the young man needs help. Unless and until he can get his $h!t together, it seems doubtful the team will let him play. This may turn out differently than it sounds, and many times it does, but yeah...not good.
    sutz
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:57 am
  • I have known several people with bi-polar and when they don't take their meds (which is too often) they are completely different and usually ugly people.
    Last edited by TreeRon on Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
    TreeRon
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:43 am
  • Sorry, but patience for a man of his size bullying a woman even if close to as alleged is very short. One of the first things taught in kndergarten is boys do not hit girls. All of what he is alleged to have done is aggravated stuff and he needs to see the inside of a cell for a while in my mind. Even if he is bi-polar his conduct is inexcusable in any reasonable society.

The team needs to say thanks, but no thanks. We don't appreciate women beaters here, you are released.

The league will suspend him for at least 6 games as well. He's history here.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:19 am
  • I have a hard time thinking he's a guy I would miss.
    Appyhawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Location: Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montana.

Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:11 am
  • If I were JS, I would say if you want your job back, you'll need to bow to me. Then I'd can him.
    rjdriver
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:49 am
  • What Jammer said...…..100 percent
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:52 pm
  • Unreal. He should hang out with Tyreek Hill. They could talk about how tough they are.
    PateratoWilson
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:03 pm
  • Bi-polar?That's ugly when meds wear off or not taken.
    I don't know if you should be playing football with that.
    I do know he won't be with Seattle.
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:09 pm
  • What a moron. I’m ashamed he wore a Seahawk uniform.
    This is the type of thing that the NFL should be doling out indefinite suspensions for. This guy was trying to kill someone else. That is unacceptable. Watch him get only a 2 game suspension while Josh G is only hurting himself not anyone else is suspended indefinitely.
    hawkfan68
    Gold Supporter
    Gold Supporter

Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:40 pm
  • When will these kids learn?

For real though, who's Chad Wheeler?
    Thepeelsessions
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:51 pm
  • Well the 2021 season is basically wasted now....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    AKNFidel
    NET Rookie

Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:29 pm
  • KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:28 pm
  • Glad to see the Seahawks addressed the issue and waived him. He was scheduled to be a free agent. Wheeler made a statement, opening up with, "Events happened over the weekend that transpired from a manic episode."

Though there are different classifications and severity of bipolar disorder, that is certainly no excuse. I have struggled with bipolar all my life, 40+ years and never beat a women. Nor a man, for that matter. A few doors and walls as a teen.

https://www.nfl.com/news/seahawks-ot-ch ... ence-assau
    MrThortan
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:06 pm
  • My mom tried to help a woman with bipolar who went off her meds. She tried to grab the wheel of the car from my mom and nearly got them in an accident. She tried to claim my mom beat her. She claimed my mom had stolen from her. My mom finally had to give up and cut off all contact.

The lady in question was not a 300+ pound man who was paid to play a brutal sport. I can see where the combo of FB player, severe bipolar and no meds could lead to very bad things.

None of that excuses what Chad did; he needs to face real jail time in addition to treatment. But I can see where his illness may have made things go a lot worse than they might have otherwise.

Let’s also send out good thoughts to his girlfriend. She’s going to have both physical and emotional healing to do.
    sc85sis
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:47 pm

• Mental health disorders account for several of the top causes of disability in established market economies, such as the U.S., worldwide, and include: major depression (also called clinical depression), manic depression (also called bipolar disorder), schizophrenia, and obsessive-compulsive disorder.

An estimated 26% of Americans ages 18 and older -- about 1 in 4 adults -- suffers from a diagnosable mental disorder in a given year.

Many people suffer from more than one mental disorder at a given time. In particular, depressive illnesses tend to co-occur with substance abuse and anxiety disorders.

Approximately 9.5% of American adults ages 18 and over, will suffer from a depressive illness (major depression, bipolar disorder, or dysthymia) each year.

Women are nearly twice as likely to suffer from major depression than men. However, men and women are equally likely to develop bipolar disorder.
    While major depression can develop at any age, the average age at onset is the mid-20s.
    With bipolar disorder, which affects approximately 2.6% of Americans age 18 and older in a given year -- the average age at onset for a first manic episode is during the early 20s.

Source >>> https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/wellness-and-prevention/mental-health-disorder-statistics

Jville
    * NET Alumni *

Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:15 pm
  • Not sure what all the piling on is.

This is someone with a documented mental illness that went off their medications.

This isn't about someone being a dirtbag and treating women like crap.

It is someone struggling with mental illness that now clearly hurt someone near them.

For them to be a 'piece of crap' they would have to be lucid and have agency. Many indicators seem to point to this not being true.

Feel bad for him. It would suck to spend so much your life to train to get to that point of being a professional athlete, and then just lose everything because you were not diligent about your medication. (or worse, you were unable to get the medication for some reason outside your control.)

It sounds like a crappy situation for everyone involved. But the judgment and castigation seems misplaced.

If he did this on purpose? Absolutely it would be valid.

It doesn't seem like it.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:59 am
  • If they let Tyreke Hill back in the league then i dont see why they wouldnt let him back in either
    Crizilla
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:24 am
  • What did she do to make him want to hurt her?
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:59 pm
  • Dez Bryant
    @DezBryant
    Chad wheeler if I ever run across you
    We are going toe to toe because I wouldn’t mind making the news breaking something across your freakingcking head then ask you are you still alive?..

I know 1 thing the media don’t mind destroying the black athletes without the facts
    10:30 AM · Jan 27, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

https://twitter.com/DezBryant/status/13 ... 8319586314

So Dez's MH has been well covered. If he actually did this, he'd go to not just jail, he'd go to state prison.

Why is Wheeler different?
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:55 pm
  • TreeRon wrote:I have known several people with bi-polar and when they don't take their meds (which is too often) they are completely different and usually ugly people.

I had a boss that was like that. He'd be fine for a lot of the day but then a switch would flip and he'd just start poking at someone and keep digging. His eyes would change, a little glossy. Bizarre to behold. He stopped taking the meds after his kid was born. I told him he'd better start again because someone was going to take a swing at him eventually and/or his wife and kid were going split (she had all the money, too). But when he was flipped, he was a different person.
    FattyKnuckle
    NET Practice Squad

Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:01 pm
  • FattyKnuckle wrote:
    TreeRon wrote:I have known several people with bi-polar and when they don't take their meds (which is too often) they are completely different and usually ugly people.

I had a boss that was like that. He'd be fine for a lot of the day but then a switch would flip and he'd just start poking at someone and keep digging. His eyes would change, a little glossy. Bizarre to behold. He stopped taking the meds after his kid was born. I told him he'd better start again because someone was going to take a swing at him eventually and/or his wife and kid were going split (she had all the money, too). But when he was flipped, he was a different person.

Chad despite his condition was able to restrain himself from say yanking the helmet off defenders or kneeing them in the balls or anything like that. He wouldn't have got to where he was in fact if he didn't adhere to the concepts that you avoid movement before the snap, even. Sure he was paid to observe them but if he truly had no control over his tendencies he wouldn't have been able to do that.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:31 pm
  • Years from now. Remember that Chad guy that was here and went to jail for choking out a female?

Who?
    HellaciousSloth
    NET Bench Warmer

Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:01 pm
  • SantaClaraHawk wrote:Dez Bryant
    @DezBryant
    Chad wheeler if I ever run across you
    We are going toe to toe because I wouldn’t mind making the news breaking something across your freakingcking head then ask you are you still alive?..

I know 1 thing the media don’t mind destroying the black athletes without the facts
    10:30 AM · Jan 27, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

https://twitter.com/DezBryant/status/13 ... 8319586314

So Dez's MH has been well covered. If he actually did this, he'd go to not just jail, he'd go to state prison.

Why is Wheeler different?

What a race baiting crock of sht post.
    JayhawkMike
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:21 am
  • Who said anything about race here?

Dez is only one of a number of star players whose issues got on the field and helped get them off of it.

The difference here is that neither Dez, nor Charles Haley before him, nor Richie Incognito after him was accused of using his football body to beat up on a woman.

Have you seen the PD reports? Wheeler had three cops tackling him and he just kept going more effortlessly than Kittle with those Saints receivers hanging off of him. They tried tazing him and he couldn't even feel it. But as much rage as he had against that woman, he managed to contain it enough to not cross the LOS fractions of a second ahead of time, show up to practice every time on time after taking a covid test every time. He had "disciplline" to function at work which shows he had it period, but he just chose to unleash on his lady.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

It is currently Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:22 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information