Interesting read about PC and Hasselbeck

chris98251

Reaction score
This is what many have said for a while, all you have to do is watch Wilson and how he changes and how the offense goes into a fetal position.

John63

Reaction score
chris98251":kpeji4qv said:
This is what many have said for a while, all you have to do is watch Wilson and how he changes and how the offense goes into a fetal position.

Ahh not one thing in any of those has anything to do with Wilson.

chris98251

Reaction score
John63":c086csna said:
chris98251":c086csna said:

Ahh not one thing in any of those has anything to do with Wilson.

Umm yes it does, throwing the ball has a chance to turn over the ball.

Pete gets cold feet and when that happens dives into the Safe word zone.

AgentDib

Reaction score
chris98251":237ofyvq said:
Umm yes it does, throwing the ball has a chance to turn over the ball. Pete gets cold feet and when that happens dives into the Safe word zone.
This cliff notes view ignores the huge difference in risk between different passing plays though.

One of those articles alludes to it, but when Hass was in the middle of his turnover streak it was mostly because he was throwing a lot of arm punts. We were trailing multiple scores in games, it was 2nd and long or 3rd and long, and Hass threw up some prayers on the theory that we needed to take some chances to get back into the game. At the time I defended Hass for it (somewhat) because I felt that the games would probably have been lost anyway if he wasn't taking those shots.

Pete's philosophy is that we can work our way back into those games by taking care of the football and playing good defense. He was frustrated by the arm punts because they mostly ended up making a bad situation worse, and I think over the years his philosophy has shown that it works as long as we limit our own turnovers and our defense is good enough.

I don't agree that Pete has a problem with all passing plays or total number of passes. After all, his golden formula includes pass completions, and you can't find video breakdowns of our plays this season that isn't at least half about all of the designed short routes that we weren't taking. There's just an echo chamber on here that keeps repeating that Pete doesn't like short passes without any evidence to that effect.

On another topic, I do find it funny that the second link is prematurely praising themselves in Jan 2011 for guessing right that Hass would be brought back for the 2011 season. That's bloggers for you.