6 years ago today.....

Fox0r

Reaction score
What's the purpose of posting this other than to be an asshole?

Jesus, some people need lives.

chris98251

Reaction score
Fox0r":33b2a69p said:

He's Canadian, can't help it.....

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
chris98251":2rhnigj5 said:
Fox0r":2rhnigj5 said:
What's the purpose of posting this other than to be an @$$h0le?

He's Canadian, can't help it.....

hey don't lump us all in together! I'd never post that

HagFaithful

Reaction score
Those who forget are destined to remember.
~Pearl Jam

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
6 years ago today, shouldn't have given up a 10 point lead in the 4th quarter.
6 years ago today, should have scored more points with that 10 point lead in hand.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
It was 20 years ago today
Sergeant Pepper taught the band to play
They've been going in and out of style
But they're guaranteed to raise a smile
So may I introduce to you
The act you've know for all these years
Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band

We're Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
We hope you will enjoy the show
Sit back and let the evening go
Sergeant Pepper's Lonely, Sergeant Pepper's Lonely

It's wonderful to be here
It's certainly a thrill
You're such a lovely audience
We'd like to take you home with us
We'd love to take you home

I don't really want to stop the show
But I thought that you might like to know
That the singer's gonna sing a song
And he wants you all to sing along
So let me introduce to you
The one and only Billy Shears
And Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, yeah

OP
OP
Cyrus12

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Fox0r":3ff274jp said:

Reported for religious references....

Crizilla

Reaction score
Fox0r":1xksl8zn said:
What's the purpose of posting this other than to be an @$$h0le?

Imagine getting this butt hurt over a meme. Sorry dude but SB49 won't ever go away. Man up and deal with it

Ps seahawks should have ran the ball

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Looking back, it probably would not have been fair to the football gods if Carroll won that SB.

Bill is such a better coach, I don't think you can dispute it.

And Brady is Brady.

We also had half our secondary injured because of that Green Bay game.

(Hence the giving up the 10 points I keep hearing complaints about)

In hindsight, letting Browner go was stupid. Not bringing Burley was stupid. So stupid decisions reap bad outcomes. It happens and in this case, Browner directly screwed us.

So we lost in a game we had every chance. Likely more a Carroll decision than a Bevell one. But as shown above, Carroll made a string of really bad decisions that screwed us before the coin flip. We were not winning that game.

The only real bummer is that had Lynch run that ball in and scored the TD (which he assuredly would have done), he wins the MVP. And likely is a much better shot at the HOF. Given how incredible Lynch has been both as a Seahawk and after his playing days - it would have been nice to see that for him.

But we did win the one SB and with one of the most dominant, historic performances against what was supposed to be the greatest offense in history. (Though that would have been the Greatest Show on Turf, honestly). So let's just be thankful for what we have.

We had our moment on the throne and it was glorious. No reason to be too upset about missing the other one.

hannibalking

Reaction score
Shouldn't have thrown the ball or blown a 10 point lead, but then again the Packers shouldn't have blown a 12 point lead with less than 4 minutes left in the NFC Championship game.

James in PA

Reaction score
SB48 and The Packers NFCCG are the only things that help me get over SB49. I won’t say we didn’t deserve to be there, but boy were we lucky. Russ was hot garbage in that Packers game. And anytime have to rely on an onside kick to win a game? Come on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
hannibalking":2e3l17p5 said:
Shouldn't have thrown the ball or blown a 10 point lead, but then again the Packers shouldn't have blown a 12 point lead with less than 4 minutes left in the NFC Championship game.

Throwing the ball isn't an inherently bad move there. Everyone expected Lynch to get the ball so you can get the DBs to take a bad step or two with a good play action. Plus you've got the most mobile QB in the league at the time that's a threat to run it in. Play action bootleg fools the D at first. Russ is on the move and if the D sticks to their receivers he has a chance to run in. If they break off and go for him, someone is open. If it's a busted play then you sail it out of the endzone and you have time for 2-3 more plays. Motion your RB out of the backfield so there's no play action? Count on picking a LB masquerading as a CB? Throw it into the middle third of the field to a 5th string, undrafted WR who is only on the team because of special teams?

I got no problem with passing the ball there. It would've neatly taken advantage of conventional wisdom. But running that play to that side of the field to that WR... not how you become a dynasty. And we saw how that play eroded the team, especially on the defensive side. Any time you have Kam and Avril even talking about it, you know it's serious.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Passing was absolutely the right call. With one timeout left, if it falls incomplete you still have time for two more plays, both of which could be runs.
If you run and don't make it, you have time for one more run play or maybe two more pass plays.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
From a football perspective, you assume they are giving it to Lynch. But, from a personnel standpoint, if everyone is wanting Seattle to give it to Lynch, what better way to “surprise” the world than to pass the ball instead? No one is expecting a pass. However, the Patriots were, especially Malcolm Butler.

Helluva play by the Patriots.

No shame in losing to the GOAT, Tom Brady.

“Should have” been back to back World Champs but there are no “should haves” in football.

It hurts cause that’s our team that lost and it will always hurt but it’s better to have gone to the super bowl and lost than to never go at all!

There are no “should haves” in sports as there there are no “should haves” in life.

Decisions are made, outcomes are what they are.

There always next year...

kf3339

Reaction score
The Seahawks shouldn't have cut both Clemmons and Browner at the beginning of the off-season, or this play never happens. I remember PC saying they did it to give them cap management for long term success, or something like that.

There are a lot of things that happened that would have prevented that play from ever happening. The loss will hang on PC for the rest of his life. We fans just have to deal with it.

Milehighhawk

Reaction score
Trolling one's own supposed fan base is pretty childish behavior imo. (P.S. I don't give a rip about the play as I don't live in the past)