Happy XLVIII Day!!!!

seabowl

Reaction score
I was there to witness the dream!!!

Jerhawk

Reaction score
7 years already?! Man time flies.

Best day of my life. I'd put this day over my birth and the day I was married. Thank you Seahawks!

uncle fester

Reaction score
7 years??

Seems like only last year!

(Yep, was there too. Still have the ticket stub/seat cushion/halftime hat/gloves etc :D )

James in PA

Reaction score
I don’t know. It still seems fairly recent to me, but that faded SB Champs bumper sticker on the back of my car says otherwise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Anytime that NFL Films show on XLVIII comes on I always watch it, and I always come away with the same thoughts:

"That happened? It really happened?" I swear even now it's still all just a fantastic, incredible dream.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
The fact that the "6 years ago" thread gets more attention than this says a lot.

Today is a cause for celebrating 12s. February 2nd is a day we can all hang our hats on.
I would much rather talk about this game than that next Superbowl.

Kam destroying Demarius was great and set the tone.
That whole game was dreamlike man.

"Time" by Hans Zimmer goes so well with those highlights

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
My “happy place”.

The day EVERYTHING went right.

Total and complete domination in all phases of the game.

cgfcgf

Reaction score
Great day indeed...I was fortunate enough to be there also...Tuesday night for the anniversary I watched the "Road to XLVIII" dvd as I had my stubhub lanyard and ticket around my neck...I lost the original broadcast off my DVR...so for this year I had to watch dvd and youtube the halftime show...when my DVR had the broadcast it was the whole thing and just had to fast forward through commercials...best half time show ever...didn't know who BM was but he rocked...love that perfomance...

I still get chills when early on Joe B. said...this isn't your typical SB crowd...it is LOUD.

As I watched again I still will say that defense was best ever...85 Bears played Tony Eason (who got benched) & Steve Grogan led Patriots ...2000 Ravens played against Kerry Collins NYG (plus a phantom holding call on the NYG interception)...The 2/2/14 Seahawks played against the best Offense in the league to date...highest scoring...Most TD passes thrown in a season...I think Denver didn't get a first down until the second quarter and when they did it was like the toughest 3rd down conversions...I know...fan boy...but those are my points....I think all 3 defenses cited have very similar defensive stats (I could be wrong and don't care to check) so I use their final SB opponents to separate who's best...plus the league rules favoring the offense are way different than 1985...you could late hit whoever you wanted back then...2000 it started to favor the offense but not like 2013-2014...

Again...a great day...like you all said above can't believe it sometimes...and magically I was there also...

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Meanwhile I went to Detriot for Super Bowl 40 and wasn't able to make SBXLVIII in New York, which is where I lived for years, my son and best friends live back there...

FML.