Aros' Fearless Super Bowl Prediction Thread (Chiefs @ Bucs)

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I know it's not a Seahawks fearless prediction thread but it's the offseason for us all and we may as well have some fun.

Mahomes is God's Gift right now and for good reason. The Chiefs offense is stupid good. Weapons galore. But this game has that feeling of SBXLVIII to me. While the 2020 Bucs D is nowhere near as good as the legendary 2013 Seahawks D with the LOB, they still have that dog mentality and a lot of ball hawking players. I see their defense being the story of this game. Sure, Mahomes will have his moments of course. They will score points, but I think the Bucs D is going to be far more disruptive than the narrative this week by the media would lead you to believe.

And let's not forget about The Ageless Wonder. While Tom may have to pass the torch to "The Kid" here soon, he's not done just yet. The Chiefs will be in the big game for years to come but the back-to-back championship will have to wait.

Aros' Fearless Prediction: Chiefs 27 - Bucs 31

Aros' Fearless Record: 13-4

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Aros":2ys5g277 said:
I know it's not a Seahawks fearless prediction thread but it's the offseason for us all and we may as well have some fun.

Mahomes is God's Gift right now and for good reason. The Chiefs offense is stupid good. Weapons galore. But this game has that feeling of SBXLVIII to me. While the 2020 Bucs D is nowhere near as good as the legendary 2013 Seahawks D with the LOB, they still have that dog mentality and a lot of ball hawking players. I see their defense being the story of this game. Sure, Mahomes will have his moments of course. They will score points, but I think the Bucs D is going to be far more disruptive than the narrative this week by the media would lead you to believe.

And let's not forget about The Ageless Wonder. While Tom may have to pass the torch to "The Kid" here soon, he's not done just yet. The Chiefs will be in the big game for years to come but the back-to-back championship will have to wait.

Boo! 8)

sdog1981

Reaction score
The Super Bowl can be a strange game sometimes.

Teams that have a crazy event happen during the two-week break almost always lose.

A coach on the Chief's staff who is also the head coach's son was involved in a news generating auto accident due to injuries.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/n ... 413341001/

Due to this, I feel Tampa will win.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I see TBs front 7 dominating and Brady keeping pace with KC offense. Mahomes sacked fumble to lose the game

TB 29 - KC 27

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Wenhawk":2r4sr2yz said:
I see TBs front 7 dominating and Brady keeping pace with KC offense. Mahomes sacked fumble to lose the game

TB 29 - KC 27

I see similar. Of course I could be wrong but I just feel the Bucs are gonna bring it on D and overwhelm the Chief's vaunted O. I don't think they are expecting the fight they are going to get quite honestly AND the incentive of being the first team in NFL HISTORY to play the Super Bowl in their home stadium???? Come on media heads.

Imagine if the Seahawks were in the Super Bowl and they were going to play the Super Bowl at home.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Aros":se0z0p5i said:

Damn u took my exact pick.

Give_it_to_24

Reaction score
It's hard to bet against either of these QBs. I just feel it Mahome's time. I also feel that KC has the superior coaching staff. I'm going to take KC beating the spread, but the total score just staying under.

KC 31 BUCS 24

chris98251

Reaction score
Chiefs in House distraction will play a part, it took focus off things. Saying that Tampa at Home with a no nonsense approach and Brady being Brady is going to make this closer, I also think the Chiefs are more a finesse team, Tampa has become a much more physical team which if they keep it close will favor Tampa in the second half.

Really the difference is going to be which TE makes a bigger difference, Kelce or Gronk.

KinesProf

Reaction score
Chiefs by 7+ , that's my alternate point spread bet as well. But maybe I'm just being optimistic, as they're who I'm rooting for also.

Mahomes can get 2 Super Bowl wins before 10 losses as a starter, that'd be incredible and I'd love to see it!

xray

Reaction score
This game is supposed to be a QB battle . IMO the best D wins this . Bucs

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I think the Chiefs get off to a hot start on offense and Brady has to play from behind most of the game, and he gets exposed a bit. Not a lot, just a bit. Chiefs by two scores (which means, by 9+ points).

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I just think the Bucs D is being underestimated just like we were in SB48. The Brady Factor, their D, Home Field...The stars are aligning is how it looks to me.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Should be a good game filled with offense and a few defensive stands. Bucs have been better than most want to admit.

I felt Andy Reid might be getting close to calling it a career, and then his son's accident brings another dark light to an otherwise brilliant career. He had another son die of an overdose. Has to be a lot of baggage to carry before a huge game.

I think the Cheifs will start flat, come roaring back and take the lead. But ultimately, I think the Bucs pull it out.

Bucs 33
Cheifs 29

Super Bowl MVP: Leonard Fournette: 2-tds

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I thought the Bucs would win but only 3 field goals by the Chiefs? Didn’t see that coming.

Ouch.