Reaction score
OP
OP
John63

John63

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":1zwcadc9 said:
John63":1zwcadc9 said:
First off, if Pete were to trade Russell Wilson he'd be done here in Seattle. Secondly, Russell Wilson has a no trade clause in his contract. If a trade was worked out, Wilson would have to agree and sign off on it. Third, inquiries such as this probably happen all of the time.

Don't disagree, except while they may happen all the time first time I recall hearing about it with regards to Wilson.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
John63":2tnzz3to said:
Spin Doctor":2tnzz3to said:
John63":2tnzz3to said:
First off, if Pete were to trade Russell Wilson he'd be done here in Seattle. Secondly, Russell Wilson has a no trade clause in his contract. If a trade was worked out, Wilson would have to agree and sign off on it. Third, inquiries such as this probably happen all of the time.

Don't disagree, except while they may happen all the time first time I recall hearing about it with regards to Wilson.
I believe when contract talks got contentious teams inquired about Russell back in 2015 and again recently.

OP
OP
John63

John63

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":ntxcwn5b said:
John63":ntxcwn5b said:
Spin Doctor":ntxcwn5b said:
John63":ntxcwn5b said:

I believe when contract talks got contentious teams inquired about Russell back in 2015 and again recently.

Hmm u could be right. At least it would make sense.

Rat

Reaction score
Even if they had interest in trading him, they'd be stupid to express it.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
I don’t see a lot of call here to trade him. I see more of a call for PC to modify the offense to RW strengths OR replace the $35 million man for someone much cheaper that will be a better fit for PeteBall.

I don’t want to trade RW though unlike a few here I don’t hold him blameless for the issues on offense. Yes, I understand I am either supposed to worship him or hate his guts and hope we never drafted him but neither apply.

nwHawk

Reaction score
JayhawkMike, I absolutely agree.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Trade Wilson when he’s 40 something years old. Get like 3 or 4 high rounders for him. I’ll be cool with that.

OP
OP
John63

John63

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":36dyrohy said:
I don’t see a lot of call here to trade him. I see more of a call for PC to modify the offense to RW strengths OR replace the $35 million man for someone much cheaper that will be a better fit for PeteBall.

I don’t want to trade RW though unlike a few here I don’t hold him blameless for the issues on offense. Yes, I understand I am either supposed to worship him or hate his guts and hope we never drafted him but neither apply.

Few here hold him blameless including me. However most here do not see him as the biggest problem. However for those that think we would be better off without him if u support him at all that means u hold him blameless.

Msfann

Reaction score
I would only trade him for a teams entire draft for the next 10 years.

chris98251

Reaction score
The reason teams inquire is due to rumors of dissatisfaction leaking out and a team getting a chance maybe to get a deal done.

The DK thread and other internal leaks support this. The issue is we have nothing in the wings to replace him firstly, secondly evaluating a QB in this years draft is tenuous at best due to lack of scouting and teams playing against top competition.

Then the fact Pete isn't a spring Chicken and there is a time to get a new QB up to speed. Waldron I don't think would have been brought in if he didn't think he could use Wilson in his systems also, so negate that aspect.

Teams are also looking at our lack of picks and cap space hoping we are feeling needy.

kf3339

Reaction score
The time to have traded Wilson was back in 2015 or 2016 after he got his first extension. I am pretty sure he didn't have a no trade clause on that extension. Now you pretty much have to keep him and build around his strengths. Personally I would have traded him back then only because PC doesn't use or need a QB with his skill set. He has stated more than once that he wants a point guard QB. That isn't Wilson.

OP
OP
John63

John63

Reaction score
kf3339":kowrfoi8 said:
The time to have traded Wilson was back in 2015 or 2016 after he got his first extension. I am pretty sure he didn't have a no trade clause on that extension. Now you pretty much have to keep him and build around his strengths. Personally I would have traded him back then only because PC doesn't use or need a QB with his skill set. He has stated more than once that he wants a point guard QB. That isn't Wilson.

I don't disagree with you, PC does not want a QB that can carry a team. he wants Trent Dilfer. Problem is we don't win the SB or get back to another SB with Trent Differ or any point guard QB. Point Guard Qb don't lead 4th qtr comebacks making something out of nothing. So PC is taking out of both sides of his mouth. He does not want one that can carry the team when needed but that is exactly what he needs.

kf3339

Reaction score
John63":3r7asxlg said:
kf3339":3r7asxlg said:

I don't disagree with you, PC does not want a QB that can carry a team. he wants Trent Dilfer. Problem is we don't win the SB or get back to another SB with Trent Differ or any point guard QB. Point Guard Qb don't lead 4th qtr comebacks making something out of nothing. So PC is taking out of both sides of his mouth. He does not want one that can carry the team when needed but that is exactly what he needs.

Sorry, but Wilson didn't win that Super Bowl we won. Even the next year it was still about the defense and running game with Lynch. Wilson was only there to not lose the games. Distribute the ball and move the chains. His numbers those two years were pedestrian and completely in line with a point guard QB approach. It doesn't diminish his ability to become more than that type of QB, but he wasn't the difference maker in our two SB's with PC.

The issue was why PC didn't trade him if he wasn't going to adapt the offense to match his strengths. That is still the issue I have with PC and his choice in OC's. Perhaps this one will be different. We will see.

OP
OP
John63

John63

Reaction score
kf3339":337mtpgy said:
John63":337mtpgy said:
kf3339":337mtpgy said:

Sorry, but Wilson didn't win that Super Bowl we won. Even the next year it was still about the defense and running game with Lynch. Wilson was only there to not lose the games. Distribute the ball and move the chains. His numbers those two years were pedestrian and completely in line with a point guard QB approach. It doesn't diminish his ability to become more than that type of QB, but he wasn't the difference maker in our two SB's with PC.

The issue was why PC didn't trade him if he wasn't going to adapt the offense to match his strengths. That is still the issue I have with PC and his choice in OC's. Perhaps this one will be different. We will see.

Wow your right we could have won with any QB....NOT. My point is Wilson was a much bigger part of winning that SB than people believe. Keep in mind he had multiple 4thq wins, doing things a point guard cannot do. If you believe he made no difference in those 2 SB trips and that any avg Qb could have you really did not pay attention at all.

Also, I did not say Wilson won the SB. I said we don't win the Sb with a PG QB.

But again if you think Wilson was basically along for the ride than you really don't get it at all.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
I don't see these teams inquiring as any different from the Rams checking with the Packers first to see if Rodgers was available or John Lynch bringing up Brady's name in 2017 before they made the Jimmy G trade.

toffee

Reaction score
Everybody seems to think that Pete the stubborn old fool insist on pushing a round peg (aka Wilson), into a square hole aka Pete's system.

After so many years, I just don't believe that. What if Russ has his limitations, the run first was designed to protect Russ's limitations and highlight his strength?

Just a thought.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk