Mahomes & Wilson

W

Welshers

Mahomes had no time to pass today and as a result looked the way Russ has. People saying Russ sucks just look at this game today. Even Patrick Mahomes couldn't score a TD with zero time in the pocket. And people will still consider him the best player in the Leauge. If anything this game just shows how important pass blocking is. We need to get better at it. It's not Russ and it was never Russ. He is still a top 5 player in the NFL if we can give him time to throw.

nwHawk

Reaction score
I agree offensive line is a must, but play calling by KC was very poor. It was very similar to what Seattle called down the stretch. Hero ball lost again. KC never adjusted.

Somos doces

Reaction score
I was coming on here to say the same thing. A team is already at a disadvantage when its offensive line is substandard, no matter how skilled its QB is.

The Hawks were undermanned on the O-line at the end of the season, and it showed. Hope to see major emphasis put on that aspect of the team during the 2021 offseason.

AlaskaHAWK

Reaction score
That’s exactly what I was thinking while watching that game. It looked like Russ out there trying to escape with no time to throw. Then just like Seattle, Kansas City made no adjustments. Just some hero ball by Mahomes. Kansas City’s Oline got seriously owned and KC was totally out coached.

onepicknick1

Reaction score
nwHawk":35yf1z5y said:
I agree offensive line is a must, but play calling by KC was very poor. It was very similar to what Seattle called down the stretch. Hero ball lost again. KC never adjusted.

If that was any team except Tampa KC would of won it wasn't just the pass rush it was coverage on the Bucs their LB's has to be the best in the league to cover as they did our LB are definitely to slow KC would of rack up the yards on the hawks as with the Bucs.

That D was well prepared they were contesting a lot of them throws looking at intercepting the ball kinda reminding me of the LOB without the Boom.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Mahomes had no time to pass?

Yeah, that's what happens when you have two backup tackles against two star edge rushers and leave them ALONE for 48/52 dropbacks.

Absolutely horrible job by Reid and Bieniemy to adjust. That's honestly worse than pretty much any failure to adjust from Seattle that I've seen going back to the 2018 WC vs. Dallas.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Cover 2. Lmao.

Andy Reid the genius everyone on here clamored for and he put up 9 in a superbowl. I mean he did win last year. However some people said mcvay and he put 3 points in the super bowl.

Can you imagine if pete did?

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":1eatlw43 said:
Mahomes had a golden opportunity to lose to Tom Brady with an interception at the goal line with seconds left to play, but he blew through all his interceptions too early.

But Mahomes and Andy are unstoppable.

John63

Reaction score
Welshers":4wu9pmf4 said:
Mahomes had no time to pass today and as a result looked the way Russ has. People saying Russ sucks just look at this game today. Even Patrick Mahomes couldn't score a TD with zero time in the pocket. And people will still consider him the best player in the Leauge. If anything this game just shows how important pass blocking is. We need to get better at it. It's not Russ and it was never Russ. He is still a top 5 player in the NFL if we can give him time to throw.

He also missed wide opem guys, over looked check downs, threw into the dirt, threw into triple coverage etc etc.

John63

Reaction score
AlaskaHAWK":1cq0dd5e said:
That’s exactly what I was thinking while watching that game. It looked like Russ out there trying to escape with no time to throw. Then just like Seattle, Kansas City made no adjustments. Just some hero ball by Mahomes. Kansas City’s Oline got seriously owned and KC was totally out coached.

Yeah TB took away Hill as well and without Hill always getting wide open Mahomes was stuck.

John63

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":cc2xfyxy said:
Mahomes had a golden opportunity to lose to Tom Brady with an interception at the goal line with seconds left to play, but he blew through all his interceptions too early.

True but Tampa defense did not blow a 10 point lead with 9 minutes to go.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
John63":2kf6cm4n said:
Seahawk Sailor":2kf6cm4n said:

No broken limbs either.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
If you have a fantastic OL, your QB is going to excel. You don't have to be a Russell Wilson or Patrick Mahomes. With top tier protection ANY QB will fair pretty well. With top tier protection for a top 3 QB? Unstoppable. Russ has never had that luxury. NEVER.

Imagine how many Super Bowls we would have won by now if Russell didn't have to run for his life on every snap.

John63

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":2n3d3cxn said:
John63":2n3d3cxn said:
Seahawk Sailor":2n3d3cxn said:

No broken limbs either.

And no playing prevent

SEAHAWKSTER

Reaction score
Yes Mahomes was running for his life and looked a lot like Russell last night...but that’s about the only similarity... and I love how the media just basically says Mahomes is the G.O.A.T already .... first Russ has been doing the same stuff all the crazy throws , running around spinning out of sacks way longer , but no love ever for Wilson ... But one thing I know for sure the biggest difference between Russ and Patty is there is no way in hell Russ wouldn’t at least of gotten one touch down or more and would at least of gotten us in a position to tie or win the game at the end ...

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Mahomes was bad last night, but he was never allowed to find a rhythm. Everytime the defense was about to give him the ball back the refs threw a flag sustaining Tampas drive. The NFL wanted that Tom Brady fairytale and they made sure they got it.

xray

Reaction score
This game wasn't about the best QB . It was about which team had the best lines on both sides of the ball .

xray

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":1sfxt22m said:
Mahomes was bad last night, but he was never allowed to find a rhythm. Everytime the defense was about to give him the ball back the refs threw a flag sustaining Tampas drive. The NFL wanted that Tom Brady fairytale and they made sure they got it.

^
Brady has been carried across the finish line 7 times . LOL

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
xray":2lbrscqq said:
pittpnthrs":2lbrscqq said:

^
Brady has been carried across the finish line 7 times . LOL

Well aware as is everybody. Thanks for the reminder,,,,I guess.