If it was Hawks vs Tampa Bay in NFC championship game

Mizak

Reaction score
Would the Hawks win the game? I’m saying this cuz peeps keep comparing Mahomes to Wilson and how Mahomes was uncomfortable. What do you guys think Russell would have done against the Tampa Bay defense?

Zap90

Reaction score
Mizak":3hflytdr said:
Would the Hawks win the game? I’m saying this cuz peeps keep comparing Mahomes to Wilson and how Mahomes was uncomfortable. What do you guys think Russell would have done against the Tampa Bay defense?

Even though Seattle would get HFA they would get destroyed. Their Ol wouldn’t stand a chance. Russ would have been sacked 5x and 2 int with 1TD. 48-7 Bucs

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
Bucs are a far more rounded team. Brady isn't what he once was, but he can do enough to not lose a game and still pull off Brady magic. They have a great Oline, offensive weapons and a stout defense.

The Bucs would've absolutely destroyed the Seahawks.

xray

Reaction score
The Hawks aren't close to being a SB contender now ; so the question seems odd .

onepicknick1

Reaction score
Tampa would win Brady seems to find the weakness in a defense in this case I think he would of went with the coverage of the LB's and slowly picked them apart. You noticed how he did it to KC screens passes short passes he only went long on a few plays. I have to agree with one poster Russ would of found a way to get it to the endzone at least once but that defense is the one he had problems with 2 high safety and they have LB's that can cover.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Tampa Bay has been stacking their defensive line, linebackers, offensive line and wideouts/tight ends for some time now with high first round picks.

Many of you here should know Vita Vea as he was a UW Husky. He was a high pick. Granted he was hurt most of the year, he is a solid anchor at NT. Devin White was fantastic in coverage this year and has speed. Wirfs at tackle makes a huge difference protecting Brady. Arians allows his players to play to their strengths not necessarily to a style that limits them.

This allows them to play loose. Ariana also made adjustments since they played KC previously. Adjustments are key here. I don’t KC expected Tampa to play differently. Mahomes was rattled when he saw pressure and on the back end down the field was covered by 3-4 defensive players that Hill could stretch the field consistently.

Tampa Bay had a great game plan and the GOAT wins again.

I think Seattle needs to use this blueprint to build a new core. Tampa Bay has been stacking high draft picks for a while and it all came together the second they got Brady, the last chess piece.

Kudos to them.

I really hope Carroll can learn from them.

Hawaii-hawk

Reaction score
The buccs just took out Brees, Rodgers and Mahomes back to back to back, 2 of them on the road. The hawks can’t say anything even remotely close to that. So I think at this point it’s a definitely no until proven otherwise situation

sdog1981

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":ysvamz2b said:
Tampa Bay has been stacking their defensive line, linebackers, offensive line and wideouts/tight ends for some time now with high first round picks.

Many of you here should know Vita Vea as he was a UW Husky. He was a high pick. Granted he was hurt most of the year, he is a solid anchor at NT. Devin White was fantastic in coverage this year and has speed. Wirfs at tackle makes a huge difference protecting Brady. Arians allows his players to play to their strengths not necessarily to a style that limits them.

This allows them to play loose. Ariana also made adjustments since they played KC previously. Adjustments are key here. I don’t KC expected Tampa to play differently. Mahomes was rattled when he saw pressure and on the back end down the field was covered by 3-4 defensive players that Hill could stretch the field consistently.

I think Seattle needs to use this blueprint to build a new core. Tampa Bay has been stacking high draft picks for a while and it all came together the second they got Brady, the last chess piece.

Kudos to them.

That is not what really happened.

Suh, Fournett, Shaq Barrett, and Brown were all free agents the Hawks did not bring in.

Evens was a top 10 draft pick. White was the 5th pick in the draft. Vita Vea was the 12 pick in the draft.

JPP was acquired via a trade.

Levante David was a second-round pick in 2012.

Also, there are about 20 teams in the NFL that only need an elite QB as the last chess piece, you can't really make the argument to suck for 10 years with top 10 picks and hope you get an elite QB in free agency.

The only thing the Hawks can learn from this game is cover 2 will be the new hot defense in the NFL next few seasons.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Russ would have gotten us at least ome TD, Mahomes has never had to deal with that kind of pressure, Russ has seen that for years and LA DL was better than TB

kf3339

Reaction score
It wouldn't have even been close. The Bucs would have the our Hawks look foolish. PC would've had no answers to their pass rush or secondary play. Our defense would have been carved up by Brady and company. Fortunately, they didn't make it that far at least this year.

Right now we are not in their league and probably not in the top 5 in our conference.

Chapow

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":2ihpovp5 said:

Kudos to them.

What do you mean by "stack high draft picks for a while"? How long is awhile and where are we going to get all of these high draft picks? And once we've taken how ever many years it's going to take to assemble this team of high draft picks that all meet or exceed expectations, where are we going to get a HOF caliber, elite QB to complete the plan? There aren't very many of those and the ones that do exist are rarely available.

That "blueprint", as you put it, doesn't sound very realistic to me. Especially for a team that never has high draft picks because they haven't had a losing season since 2011.

ducks41468

Reaction score
Chapow":7gr8bya6 said:
TheLegendOfBoom":7gr8bya6 said:

Kudos to them.

What do you mean by "stack high draft picks for a while"? How long is awhile and where are we going to get all of these high draft picks? And once we've taken how ever many years it's going to take to assemble this team of high draft picks that all meet or exceed expectations, where are we going to get a HOF caliber, elite QB to complete the plan? There aren't very many of those and the ones that do exist are rarely available.

That "blueprint", as you put it, doesn't sound very realistic to me. Especially for a team that never has high draft picks because they haven't had a losing season since 2011.

The Bucs are the quintessential "elite QB short of a championship" team, similar to the Vikings when they got Favre, except Favre was more washed up. They've already been known for having a great defense/d-line for years, then got literally the greatest QB of all time and got Fournette, AB, and Gronk to tag along. Their roster is absolutely stacked, one of the best all-around teams I've seen in my lifetime.

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
Seattle was the youngest team in the playoffs and had a 12-4 record. Seattle was not playing great, coaching great, and had a lot of injuries. No way we beat the Bucs in 2021. However due to the terrific cap shape we are in because Schneider passed on signing long term contracts in 2020 a crappy FA market and Seattle stuffing the roster in the 2020 draft with players like Cedrick Lattimore, Dallas, Robinson, Parkinson, etc.... things look real good in 2021 especially after Ford, Collier, Metcalf, Dickinson, & Alex Collins got better. 2022 Seattle has the 5th most cap space available with only 87 million on the books.

chris98251

Reaction score
FresnoHawk68":3jstwo4v said:
Seattle was the youngest team in the playoffs and had a 12-4 record. Seattle was not playing great, coaching great, and had a lot of injuries. No way we beat the Bucs in 2021. However due to the terrific cap shape we are in because Schneider passed on signing long term contracts in 2020 a crappy FA market and Seattle stuffing the roster in the 2020 draft with players like Cedrick Lattimore, Dallas, Robinson, Parkinson, etc.... things look real good in 2021 especially after Ford, Collier, Metcalf, Dickinson, & Alex Collins got better. 2022 Seattle has the 5th most cap space available with only 87 million on the books.

It's not just cap[ space we need to look at, it's how many key players are not signed and how many players are needed to fill out the roster with the talent we need.

CB, RB, DE, O LINE off the top of my head, two of those positions are high end cap costs, RB is going to be around 8 million I would think if we resign Carson, this year is also a year to bank more in FA then the draft due to the Virus and lack of scouting, games by college players sitting out and not playing a full schedule or not playing against top talent.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Chapow":19577q0u said:
TheLegendOfBoom":19577q0u said:

Kudos to them.

The Bucs hit on their first, second and third rounders more so than Seattle has.

They had higher draft picks than Seattle and that has helped a lot.

If Seattle continues to pick in the later picks in the first round, they won’t hit on any picks.

NJlargent

Reaction score
We would not have gotten beat badly because our ultra conservative coaching would have run clock. Probably around 27-13.

Tampa was playing well and their play calling was creative. Plus our coaching would further hamper us.

Hats off to their game planning too. You knew early on that it was Tampa's night. They won that game in the first half.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
We would have scored no more than 12 and given up more than 30.

Easily.

We get blown out by halftime against the Chiefs. Easily.

Had we played the Bucs in the playoffs?

Again, we don't score a TD, and we are down 3 TDs by the half.

There is no circumstance where the Seahawks would be competitive in the playoffs against either team.

But funny to think about.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Easy W for Brady..not because of Brady but that D woulda been unstoppable. Like it or not the seahawks are on the decline

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Chapow":3otch6i7 said:
TheLegendOfBoom":3otch6i7 said:

Kudos to them.

The Bucs hit on their first, second and third rounders more so than Seattle has.

They had higher draft picks than Seattle and that has helped a lot.

If Seattle continues to pick in the later picks in the first round, they won’t hit on any picks.