Do Not Sell My Personal Information

If it was Hawks vs Tampa Bay in NFC championship game

The Original Seattle Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute for Seahawks Talk, News, Rumors, Trades, and Analytics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
  • Would the Hawks win the game? I’m saying this cuz peeps keep comparing Mahomes to Wilson and how Mahomes was uncomfortable. What do you guys think Russell would have done against the Tampa Bay defense?
    Mizak
    NET Veteran

• Mizak wrote:Would the Hawks win the game? I’m saying this cuz peeps keep comparing Mahomes to Wilson and how Mahomes was uncomfortable. What do you guys think Russell would have done against the Tampa Bay defense?

Even though Seattle would get HFA they would get destroyed. Their Ol wouldn’t stand a chance. Russ would have been sacked 5x and 2 int with 1TD. 48-7 Bucs
    Zap90
    NET Practice Squad

• Bucs are a far more rounded team. Brady isn't what he once was, but he can do enough to not lose a game and still pull off Brady magic. They have a great Oline, offensive weapons and a stout defense.

The Bucs would've absolutely destroyed the Seahawks.
    Seahawk_Dan
    NET Veteran

• Tampa would have killed Seattle
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

• The Hawks aren't close to being a SB contender now ; so the question seems odd .
    xray
    NET Veteran

• Tampa would win Brady seems to find the weakness in a defense in this case I think he would of went with the coverage of the LB's and slowly picked them apart. You noticed how he did it to KC screens passes short passes he only went long on a few plays. I have to agree with one poster Russ would of found a way to get it to the endzone at least once but that defense is the one he had problems with 2 high safety and they have LB's that can cover.
    onepicknick1
    NET Rookie

• Tampa Bay has been stacking their defensive line, linebackers, offensive line and wideouts/tight ends for some time now with high first round picks.

Many of you here should know Vita Vea as he was a UW Husky. He was a high pick. Granted he was hurt most of the year, he is a solid anchor at NT. Devin White was fantastic in coverage this year and has speed. Wirfs at tackle makes a huge difference protecting Brady. Arians allows his players to play to their strengths not necessarily to a style that limits them.

This allows them to play loose. Ariana also made adjustments since they played KC previously. Adjustments are key here. I don’t KC expected Tampa to play differently. Mahomes was rattled when he saw pressure and on the back end down the field was covered by 3-4 defensive players that Hill could stretch the field consistently.

Tampa Bay had a great game plan and the GOAT wins again.

I think Seattle needs to use this blueprint to build a new core. Tampa Bay has been stacking high draft picks for a while and it all came together the second they got Brady, the last chess piece.

Kudos to them.

I really hope Carroll can learn from them.
    TheLegendOfBoom
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• The buccs just took out Brees, Rodgers and Mahomes back to back to back, 2 of them on the road. The hawks can’t say anything even remotely close to that. So I think at this point it’s a definitely no until proven otherwise situation
    Hawaii-hawk
    NET Practice Squad

• TheLegendOfBoom wrote:Tampa Bay has been stacking their defensive line, linebackers, offensive line and wideouts/tight ends for some time now with high first round picks.

Many of you here should know Vita Vea as he was a UW Husky. He was a high pick. Granted he was hurt most of the year, he is a solid anchor at NT. Devin White was fantastic in coverage this year and has speed. Wirfs at tackle makes a huge difference protecting Brady. Arians allows his players to play to their strengths not necessarily to a style that limits them.

This allows them to play loose. Ariana also made adjustments since they played KC previously. Adjustments are key here. I don’t KC expected Tampa to play differently. Mahomes was rattled when he saw pressure and on the back end down the field was covered by 3-4 defensive players that Hill could stretch the field consistently.

I think Seattle needs to use this blueprint to build a new core. Tampa Bay has been stacking high draft picks for a while and it all came together the second they got Brady, the last chess piece.

Kudos to them.

That is not what really happened.

Suh, Fournett, Shaq Barrett, and Brown were all free agents the Hawks did not bring in.

Evens was a top 10 draft pick. White was the 5th pick in the draft. Vita Vea was the 12 pick in the draft.

JPP was acquired via a trade.

Levante David was a second-round pick in 2012.

Also, there are about 20 teams in the NFL that only need an elite QB as the last chess piece, you can't really make the argument to suck for 10 years with top 10 picks and hope you get an elite QB in free agency.

The only thing the Hawks can learn from this game is cover 2 will be the new hot defense in the NFL next few seasons.
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran

• Russ would have gotten us at least ome TD, Mahomes has never had to deal with that kind of pressure, Russ has seen that for years and LA DL was better than TB
    Wenhawk
    .NET Owner

• It wouldn't have even been close. The Bucs would have the our Hawks look foolish. PC would've had no answers to their pass rush or secondary play. Our defense would have been carved up by Brady and company. Fortunately, they didn't make it that far at least this year.

Right now we are not in their league and probably not in the top 5 in our conference.
    kf3339
    Platinum Supporter
    Platinum Supporter

• TheLegendOfBoom wrote:Tampa Bay has been stacking their defensive line, linebackers, offensive line and wideouts/tight ends for some time now with high first round picks.

Kudos to them.

What do you mean by "stack high draft picks for a while"? How long is awhile and where are we going to get all of these high draft picks? And once we've taken how ever many years it's going to take to assemble this team of high draft picks that all meet or exceed expectations, where are we going to get a HOF caliber, elite QB to complete the plan? There aren't very many of those and the ones that do exist are rarely available.

That "blueprint", as you put it, doesn't sound very realistic to me. Especially for a team that never has high draft picks because they haven't had a losing season since 2011.
    Chapow
    NET Veteran

• Chapow wrote:
    TheLegendOfBoom wrote:Tampa Bay has been stacking their defensive line, linebackers, offensive line and wideouts/tight ends for some time now with high first round picks.

Kudos to them.

What do you mean by "stack high draft picks for a while"? How long is awhile and where are we going to get all of these high draft picks? And once we've taken how ever many years it's going to take to assemble this team of high draft picks that all meet or exceed expectations, where are we going to get a HOF caliber, elite QB to complete the plan? There aren't very many of those and the ones that do exist are rarely available.

That "blueprint", as you put it, doesn't sound very realistic to me. Especially for a team that never has high draft picks because they haven't had a losing season since 2011.

The Bucs are the quintessential "elite QB short of a championship" team, similar to the Vikings when they got Favre, except Favre was more washed up. They've already been known for having a great defense/d-line for years, then got literally the greatest QB of all time and got Fournette, AB, and Gronk to tag along. Their roster is absolutely stacked, one of the best all-around teams I've seen in my lifetime.
    ducks41468
    NET Veteran

• Seattle was the youngest team in the playoffs and had a 12-4 record. Seattle was not playing great, coaching great, and had a lot of injuries. No way we beat the Bucs in 2021. However due to the terrific cap shape we are in because Schneider passed on signing long term contracts in 2020 a crappy FA market and Seattle stuffing the roster in the 2020 draft with players like Cedrick Lattimore, Dallas, Robinson, Parkinson, etc.... things look real good in 2021 especially after Ford, Collier, Metcalf, Dickinson, & Alex Collins got better. 2022 Seattle has the 5th most cap space available with only 87 million on the books.
    FresnoHawk68
    NET Veteran

• FresnoHawk68 wrote:Seattle was the youngest team in the playoffs and had a 12-4 record. Seattle was not playing great, coaching great, and had a lot of injuries. No way we beat the Bucs in 2021. However due to the terrific cap shape we are in because Schneider passed on signing long term contracts in 2020 a crappy FA market and Seattle stuffing the roster in the 2020 draft with players like Cedrick Lattimore, Dallas, Robinson, Parkinson, etc.... things look real good in 2021 especially after Ford, Collier, Metcalf, Dickinson, & Alex Collins got better. 2022 Seattle has the 5th most cap space available with only 87 million on the books.

It's not just cap[ space we need to look at, it's how many key players are not signed and how many players are needed to fill out the roster with the talent we need.

CB, RB, DE, O LINE off the top of my head, two of those positions are high end cap costs, RB is going to be around 8 million I would think if we resign Carson, this year is also a year to bank more in FA then the draft due to the Virus and lack of scouting, games by college players sitting out and not playing a full schedule or not playing against top talent.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Chapow wrote:
    TheLegendOfBoom wrote:Tampa Bay has been stacking their defensive line, linebackers, offensive line and wideouts/tight ends for some time now with high first round picks.

Kudos to them.

The Bucs hit on their first, second and third rounders more so than Seattle has.

They had higher draft picks than Seattle and that has helped a lot.

If Seattle continues to pick in the later picks in the first round, they won’t hit on any picks.
    TheLegendOfBoom
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• We would not have gotten beat badly because our ultra conservative coaching would have run clock. Probably around 27-13.

Tampa was playing well and their play calling was creative. Plus our coaching would further hamper us.

Hats off to their game planning too. You knew early on that it was Tampa's night. They won that game in the first half.
    NJlargent
    NET Veteran

• We would have scored no more than 12 and given up more than 30.

Easily.

We get blown out by halftime against the Chiefs. Easily.

Had we played the Bucs in the playoffs?

Again, we don't score a TD, and we are down 3 TDs by the half.

There is no circumstance where the Seahawks would be competitive in the playoffs against either team.

But funny to think about.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

• Easy W for Brady..not because of Brady but that D woulda been unstoppable. Like it or not the seahawks are on the decline
    Cyrus12
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• Chapow wrote:

Kudos to them.

The Bucs hit on their first, second and third rounders more so than Seattle has.

They had higher draft picks than Seattle and that has helped a lot.

If Seattle continues to pick in the later picks in the first round, they won’t hit on any picks.
    TheLegendOfBoom
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• chris98251 wrote:
    FresnoHawk68 wrote:Seattle was the youngest team in the playoffs and had a 12-4 record. Seattle was not playing great, coaching great, and had a lot of injuries. No way we beat the Bucs in 2021. However due to the terrific cap shape we are in because Schneider passed on signing long term contracts in 2020 a crappy FA market and Seattle stuffing the roster in the 2020 draft with players like Cedrick Lattimore, Dallas, Robinson, Parkinson, etc.... things look real good in 2021 especially after Ford, Collier, Metcalf, Dickinson, & Alex Collins got better. 2022 Seattle has the 5th most cap space available with only 87 million on the books.

It's not just cap[ space we need to look at, it's how many key players are not signed and how many players are needed to fill out the roster with the talent we need.

CB, RB, DE, O LINE off the top of my head, two of those positions are high end cap costs, RB is going to be around 8 million I would think if we resign Carson, this year is also a year to bank more in FA then the draft due to the Virus and lack of scouting, games by college players sitting out and not playing a full schedule or not playing against top talent.

I agree with most of what your saying but we only have $86 million on the books in 2022, $51 Million on the books in 2023, and $0 on the books in 2024. A 4 year contract when we have zero on the books in year 4. A 3 year extension when we have zero on the books year 3. Money isn’t the issue! Finding & convincing Pro Bowlers to come to Seattle is the issue when Seattle has a reputation as one of the best organizations in the league to play for.

Don’t forget the Franchise is going down. The tag is adding up the top 5 salary’s over the last 5 years = 25 salaries then dividing it by 5 then multiplying it by the % of the cap for a certain year, let’s say the % used in 2018 for CB as an example. Tagging a RB is going to be way below 8 million & the tag for CB’s should be about $10 million.

This will help teams who are in position to use a Tag but don’t forget many teams are so screwed up from the Cap decline even the tag is too much for them.

We have Free Agents who are ? Chris Carson has injury issues & he looked slow & weak against the Rams in the playoffs, even Mike Holmgren notice Carson against the Rams. Shaquill Griffith isn’t a sure thing but we can tag him then trade him on a $10 million 1 year contract or tag him & play him.

Lack of scouting is definitely going to be an issue but probably not for the Seahawks. RW has 3 years left on his contract starting any rookie is going to be an issue if we’re trying to win a Super Bowl with the exception of RB.
    FresnoHawk68
    NET Veteran

• Cyrus12 wrote:Easy W for Brady..not because of Brady but that D woulda been unstoppable. Like it or not the seahawks are on the decline

I thought RW might be on the decline & even though Bobby is too he’s still one of the best players in the league. DK is definitely on an upward trajectory. Carson is replaceable. Lockett was good. Brown was good & we can upgrade with Trent Williams, Pocic was ok & is replaceable with Corey Linsley or Austin Blythe, Shell was ok and is tradeable, Iupati is replaceable with Thuney, plenty of cap space to add a 3rd WR & TE. Our young DE’s looked good & we could easily move on from Green. Jarren Reed, Diggs, DJ Reed are tradeable. Trading Wagner is manageable because we could put Brooks at Mike on running downs & put Barton in at Mike on passing downs. But we would definitely need to resign KJ and draft a Will Linebacker like Ohio State LB Pete Werner to eventually replace BBK.
    We were the youngest team in the playoffs with an NFC West title & a 12-4 record, things are looking good as long as RW can play at an All Pro level.
    FresnoHawk68
    NET Veteran

• ducks41468 wrote:
    Chapow wrote:

Kudos to them.

The Bucs are the quintessential "elite QB short of a championship" team, similar to the Vikings when they got Favre, except Favre was more washed up. They've already been known for having a great defense/d-line for years, then got literally the greatest QB of all time and got Fournette, AB, and Gronk to tag along. Their roster is absolutely stacked, one of the best all-around teams I've seen in my lifetime.

Don’t forget WR Goodwin was hurt & TE Howard was on IR. Will LB White improved a lot by playoffs missed tackles way down. Nice blend of young & old players. Not bad for an old dog coach.
    FresnoHawk68
    NET Veteran

• ducks41468 wrote:
    Chapow wrote:

Kudos to them.

Best all around team of your lifetime? Really?
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

• I think Seattle vs. Tampa Bay looks similar to the Super Bowl but Seattle does slightly better. Tampa Bay did to KC what teams had been doing to Seattle since about halfway through the season which was sitting with two high safeties and daring Mahomes to hit short to mid and he failed. It was amazing how similar KC's offense looked to us at our worst in that game. Seattle would have failed to adjust as well (as we demonstrated throughout the year) but I think we use Carson enough to pull more time into the game and I do believe Russ would have managed at least one TD, which KC did not.

Otherwise, it's a blowout just like the Super Bowl.

However, I think the take that Seattle couldn't be competitive against KC is way off. I think we essentially had very similar quality offenses and our defense (by the end of the year) was better. I was as disappointed as anybody by how our season ended, but let's not get crazy by acting like our team was complete garbage.

Match-up wise, KC is not the type of team we should freak out over. Tampa Bay on the other hand, would do what LA did to us on defense and their offense was significantly better.
    DarkVictory23
    NET Bench Warmer

• Seahawks 24 - Bucs 37
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

It is currently Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:53 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information