Article on Russ trade scenarios/possibility -

AgentDib

Reaction score
Jason La Canfora":1apdbrrt said:
from what I am hearing, some enterprising executives are already sniffing around on Wilson and trying to move the meter
That's pretty tame as "from what I am hearing" goes, which suggests to me that Canfora mostly just needed an excuse to write an article. I'm sure there are NFL GMs who inquire about all of our players from time to time, but I don't think Russ is realistically tradeable right now. It would cost us nearly $40 million to trade him and we would need a huge amount back from the opposing team to make it worthwhile.

Despite what some think we are currently a good team, and it's difficult to see why Russ would want to play on any of the teams mentioned after you factor in the trade compensation those teams would need to part with. He'd OK a trade to the Jets AFTER they gave us all of their high picks for the next three years? I doubt it.

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
If Seattle believes RW has hit a brick wall they should think about it but 1 of the rookie QB’s in the draft has to be the next Super Star or Fans will crucify Carroll. I’m Luke warm on Trevor Lawrence because he doesn’t have a cannon for an arm and those incredible runs he made on the path to the National Championship has led to shoulder surgery this year. Also I’m not thrilled he got COVID-19.

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
RW now has the Interception Monkey on his back! Since the screw up in the Super Bowl and the 2020 Cardinals, Giants, 2 Rams games he’s seeing Ghosts. Pete & Russ are joined at the hip & must get back on track or this will follow them forever. It looks like they both get it & have decided to go to war together.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Every couple years this is common practice. Nothing to see here. Move along folks.

Unless a team offers their first round picks for the next 5 years, then no.

John63

Reaction score
FresnoHawk68":1u7is1od said:
RW now has the Interception Monkey on his back! Since the screw up in the Super Bowl and the 2020 Cardinals, Giants, 2 Rams games he’s seeing Ghosts. Pete & Russ are joined at the hip & must get back on track or this will follow them forever. It looks like they both get it & have decided to go to war together.

Ahh I dont think you can count the Sb given it was 7 years ago. Also, truth be told other than a few clueless fans and a few talkers who need something to talk about it is a moot issue

Now lets look at your other premise

Cardinals game 3 TOs, okay 2 off receivers hands but okay

Giants game 1 int ahh what ar eyou tlakign about

2 Rams games? well we played 3 times, and he has 3 ints combined So again not sure what you rare talking bout.

So your whole seeing ghosts think makes no sense and at best in conjecture.

As to following them again okay your opinon when I think of them that is nto what I think, nor do most people.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Sooo... we trade a 3rd round pick for a super bowl win.. 2 SB appearances and Starting QB and 5 1st rd picks.. .. not a bad haul.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1sfbncs9 said:
The gullible is strong in Hawks fans...….
I don't think a trade will happen, but I think there are some strong signs indicating that Wilson is unhappy with the current arrangement on the Seahawks. I doubt he's calling for a trade, but if things don't change soon I can see him wanting out of Seattle sooner than later.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Absolutely, and it would be justified for him to be frustrated. Shoot, Pete neutered him mid-season. Just my own opinion that people believe what they read way too much. Anything is possible, but I can't even muster up 5 percent concern about him being traded. Do I believe he's very frustrated w/how things have been? Absolutely.
But him being traded? Don't believe it for a second. Just my own opinion.

xray

Reaction score
Wilson has 3 years left on his contract with a no-trade clause attached . If Wilson doesn't see a real path to another SB appearance in the next year or two at most he will waive his no-trade clause and move on from the Hawks one way or another . IMO

Cyrus12

Reaction score
xray":2hd095vm said:
Wilson has 3 years left on his contract with a no-trade clause attached . If Wilson doesn't see a real path to another SB appearance in the next year or two at most he will waive his no-trade clause and move on from the Hawks one way or another . IMO
Agreed.

LegendKiller

Reaction score
Well Russ seems to think teams have been calling:

https://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/2110347/wilson-thinks-seahawks-received-trade-calls-for-him

I personally think that one of two things needs to happen: Either Seattle Trades him or Pete Carroll gets fired. Their current formula isn't working. Wilson would be much better utilized on another team that can take advantage and make the most out of his skillset. Pete Carroll wants "PeteBall" and a stud defense which I don't think is possible with Wilson and how much the organization is paying him. A decent enough game managing QB will accomplish that. I'm a diehard Wilson fan and I think he is just wasting his prime for a coach who refuses to adapt and a team that's going to be tight with the cap.

I hope he does get traded because we know the Senile coach isn't going anywhere. He deserves better than to be tied down by Pete Carroll.

And don't think for one second this is just pure speculation or rumor. The Seahawks leaked this information about receiving calls because as we know Schneider always explores every opportunity and they're driving up and gauging the interest on Wilson.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Well, it's on the internet so it must be true. Thx for the entertainment on a Tuesday morning though.

LegendKiller

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1g4gddjz said:
Well, it's on the internet so it must be true. Thx for the entertainment on a Tuesday morning though.

You mean the FACT that Russ acknowledged and addressed the trade talk on "The Dan Patrick Show". Did you even read the article or listen to the show? Thanks for your useless 2 cents this Tuesday morning.

OP
OP
CalgaryFan05

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
xray":137moo69 said:

Agreed -

I think he rides out the new offensive co-ordinator for a year, sees if anything changes/improves -

If nothing's better and he gets neutered again next season - I think Russ will 'cook' his way outta here. The "Let Russ Cook" movement was him expressing frustration - the narrative hasn't change from him in a year - and he still talks in this link about wanting to have input/control. There's more going on under the scenes than I think is coming out. Much like Lynch wearing Cam's jersey during the holdout. At some point he's gotta get tired of the Oline issues and being a punching bag.

I give him 1 more season before things get messy - and that's the timing when his dead cap space would be gone from the hawks side too IIRC.

chris98251

Reaction score
There is definitely smoke, maybe not a fire yet.

Wilson wants to win, he wants to survive, I think he has begun to feel what all feel when they get towards their mid 30's, mortality.

He is probably looking at years left and the fact he isn't getting younger and faster. He needs a team around him to take the next step, one and done in the playoffs has become the norm.

When asked about a trade and him not saying I am a Seahawk instead of saying thats upm to the Seahawks tells something.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Florio and Russ's agent are pals. Florio sources for LaCanfora.

We know that Russ has used that avenue before to leak info during negotiations then again last year. This is an ongoing story. I think it'd be wishful thinking to assume there is nothing to it.