Mahomes never losing more than 10points

rcaido

Reaction score
Ok so during the Superbowl, Romo was pretty shocked and amaze that Mahomes has not loss more than 10points his whole NFL career. It ended yesterday w/ 55 games. It was the second longest streak ever behind, you guessed it Russell Wilson with 86. Wilson lost to the Packers, his first blowout loss 10-38.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
rcaido":3vj31lga said:
Ok so during the Superbowl, Romo was pretty shocked and amaze that Mahomes has not loss more than 10points his whole NFL career. It ended yesterday w/ 55 games. It was the second longest streak ever behind, you guessed it Russell Wilson with 86. Wilson lost to the Packers, his first blowout loss 10-38.

I thought Russ' streak ended vs the Rams in Seattle. What year was the Packers loss?

Palmegranite

Reaction score
rcaido":2f3dvlvp said:
And what a way to end the streak. On the largest stage with the largest audience.
Less tactful observers might even go as far as to say he choked.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I wouldn't call that choking.

I would call it complete lack of protection and not being prepared for it.

They had a revolving door at LT and RT, and I don't think he understood just how difficult it would be.

Additionally, his go-to move of running out of danger to a first down went out the moment he got injured.

Even so, he put the ball on some of those receivers and they flat out dropped it. Multiple times.

Sometimes it just isn't your day. That team as a whole had a bad day.

Much of that was the Bucs defense, but you cannot claim Mahomes choked.

That Bucs team was dangerous back when it had a garbage QB. The moment they got Brady and filled their hole in the secondary at safety and then got Fournette? It was over.

And with Brady came Gronk.

Nobody could have beaten that Bucs team in the playoffs this year. The line with a healthy Vea and Suh, the LB group and healthy secondary combined with Fountette, Jones, Gronk, Evans, and Brady on offense? Good luck.

That was less 'choking' than one team having massive issues vs a team that had almost none.

Tinamedina

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3sz9tidd said:
I wouldn't call that choking.

I would call it complete lack of protection and not being prepared for it.

They had a revolving door at LT and RT, and I don't think he understood just how difficult it would be.

Additionally, his go-to move of running out of danger to a first down went out the moment he got injured.

Even so, he put the ball on some of those receivers and they flat out dropped it. Multiple times.

Sometimes it just isn't your day. That team as a whole had a bad day.

Much of that was the Bucs defense, but you cannot claim Mahomes choked.

That Bucs team was dangerous back when it had a garbage QB. The moment they got Brady and filled their hole in the secondary at safety and then got Fournette? It was over.

And with Brady came Gronk.

Nobody could have beaten that Bucs team in the playoffs this year. The line with a healthy Vea and Suh, the LB group and healthy secondary combined with Fountette, Jones, Gronk, Evans, and Brady on offense? Good luck.

That was less 'choking' than one team having massive issues vs a team that had almost none.

Noped. Choked. Everyone can't be Russell Wilson and have consistent winning seasons with no oline. You have to be built for that type of pressure, Mahomes isn't.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I hate relying on stats like the subject matter on this thread.
I hated when the Hawks had the same type of stat streak.

If you lose by 1 point or 100 it still only counts for one loss.
You don’t get anymore W’s in the win column for only losing by a few points.
A loss is a loss. Style points don’t come into play.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
KC played Buffalo 2 weeks before with Mahomes just out of concussion protocol and made that win look easy.
What changed in 2 weeks, other than rest and prep time?

Tampa Bay had tight battles and close scores all of the way through the playoffs. KC beat up on their opponents. So this game, with a bit of adversity,...

John63

Reaction score
Palmegranite":1exuww66 said:
KC played Buffalo 2 weeks before with Mahomes just out of concussion protocol and made that win look easy.
What changed in 2 weeks, other than rest and prep time?

Tampa Bay had tight battles and close scores all of the way through the playoffs. KC beat up on their opponents. So this game, with a bit of adversity,...

that and TB took away his main weapon and did not let him have forever to throw like he was used to.