Brandon Marshall " Wilson Trying to Move On In A classy way"

SlickRick

Reaction score
https://youtu.be/oOiDyYUcels

Marshall also says seahawks don't believe in russ
Give this video a watch, Marshall talks about the game plan Pete wants , russell holding the ball long is on Pete

No quick game , inside scoop... Amazing

This is a newer video on first things first came out today

OP
OP
SlickRick

SlickRick

Reaction score
BEASTM0DE":c3dazo2f said:
Brandon Marshall was SPOT ON

He kept it 100% also said saints made the call to Seattle for wilson

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
The weird part is that Wilson usually has some polished answer that is super optimistic.

It would normally be something like "I want to play in Seattle until I am 45" or "I want to retire a Seahawk after having won another SB or two".

To say something like "well that is the business" like he did, is telling.

He might not be pushing out the door, but he either has one foot out of it or is nervously eyeing the distance to the nearest door.

That is a lot of smoke about this, all over the NFL talk shows, for something with supposedly no legs.

The Chiefs were just blown out. Mahomes is still taking heat, or getting defended.

Brady just won another SB.

It isn't like there is nothing to write about. There is probably some truth here.

They probably warned Carroll about letting Russ cook. So Carroll gave in, then he shut down Russ cooking in the 2nd half of the year. So Russ did exactly what he promised - start looking at his options to play under a coach or team where he could accomplish more.

And we have this because of that.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":zm0m1zgb said:
The weird part is that Wilson usually has some polished answer that is super optimistic.

It would normally be something like "I want to play in Seattle until I am 45" or "I want to retire a Seahawk after having won another SB or two".

He might not be pushing out the door, but he either has one foot out of it or is nervously eyeing the distance to the nearest door.

That is a lot of smoke about this, all over the NFL talk shows, for something with supposedly no legs.

The Chiefs were just blown out. Mahomes is still taking heat, or getting defended.

It isn't like there is nothing to write about. There is probably some truth here.

They probably warned Carroll about letting Russ cook. So Carroll gave in, then he shut down Russ cooking in the 2nd half of the year. So Russ did exactly what he promised - start looking at his options to play under a coach or team where he could accomplish more.

Agreed!

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Pete has to allow the quick passing game, and has to be more hands off with the offense, or the ride is over.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Asked by Dan Patrick whether he’s available in trade, Wilson said this: “I’m not sure if I’m available or not. That’s a Seahawks question.”

“I definitely believe they’ve gotten calls,” Wilson said regarding potential trade inquiries. “Any time you’re a player that tries to produce every week and has done it consistently, I think people are gonna call for sure. I think that’s part of the process.”

Another part of the process is winning. Wilson wants to do more of it. “At the end of the day, you want to win,” Wilson said. “You play this game every day to wake up to win. You play this game to be the best in the world. You know what I hate? I hate sitting there watching other guys play the game.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... -question/

John63

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":17u7trlq said:

I agree whats worse is part of the reason for the issues games 6-8 were because of PC changing things because we lost 1 of our Rbs, and olineman.

Elemas

Reaction score
I’d hate to lose Russ but, it would be entertaining to see the haters attitudes and comments once we started going 5-11, 6-10, etc.

A_Biased_Fan

Reaction score
SNDavidson":1piswv9f said:
Pete has to allow the quick passing game, and has to be more hands off with the offense, or the ride is over.

Pete needs to "Let Waldron Cook" this offense up with no micro-managing.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
It'd break my heart if the relationship was not salvageable. Absolutely devastate me in every way.

That said, if the relationship is NOT salvageable, Seattle needs to get enough in return to have the ability to move to #1 if needed in the next 3 drafts. No less. It's hard to find a great quarterback in this league, and we're gonna need multiple at-bats if we can't get on base with the first one.

I don't think it'll be necessary, though. This is all just a leverage game. But, should the unthinkable need to happen, it'll have to be in return for a package never before approached in the history of the NFL.

RCATES

Reaction score
Elemas":1fbwemaw said:
I’d hate to lose Russ but, it would be entertaining to see the haters attitudes and comments once we started going 5-11, 6-10, etc.

If it meant we were building up for another run I'd take it. Right now its the same thing every year. No real progress is being made. Just rinse and repeat getting shit on in the second round with another Wilson dud performance in the playoffs.

Elemas

Reaction score
RCATES":ltwzxc3z said:
Elemas":ltwzxc3z said:

If it meant we were building up for another run I'd take it. Right now its the same thing every year. No real progress is being made. Just rinse and repeat getting $h!t on in the second round with another Wilson dud performance in the playoffs.

I suppose this would be my attitude as well if it were to ever happen. I feel like this team is an offensive coordinator and DB stud away...perhaps a dominant d-lineman as well...from competing for a SB.

Russ playing elsewhere is inconceivable but, I feel like the window for this group is closing fast. There’s got to be an overarching strategic thought that considers a rebuild. Alternatives that JS and PC have considered.

If SF pulls a rabbit out of their butts, and against all recent reports, lands Watson, I can easily picture Seattle fading fast and being inclined to start a rebuild. The conference is hard enough but, you’ve got to at least be thinking of this from the “odds” perspective if you’re facing a bolstered Rams unit, a SF squad that was decimated by injury, and a hungry Cardinals team that will be returning key players next season.

I wouldn’t be happy but, if we’re talking three firsts and unloading a significant portion of our cap with a total realization that we’re rebuilding over the next 3-4 years, I may understand it.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
You are kidding right?

You don't trade away Wilson. That is insane.

You replace Carroll.

There is no upside to keeping Carroll and trading Wilson.

There is an upside to getting rid of Carroll and keeping Wilson. Not a great % of success but the alternative has a near zero chance of success.

This isn't hard math. You give Wilson what he wants. If Wilson wants what the coach does not, then the coach has to go.

Because our coach is almost 90 anyway and it isn't like he has many years left to build any kind of winning team without a QB.

While a great QB can get another coach and keep winning.

Not hard math. AT ALL.

EDIT:
Okay maybe if you can trade for Watson. But that isn't even close to likely.

knownone

Reaction score
I think people are misunderstanding the situation, Marshall included. Wilson is not trying to move on from Seattle. Seattle is and has been trying to move on from Wilson, and what we're seeing is damage control and a leverage play from both sides. Think about it, in 2018, Pete and John were close to trading Russ to Cleveland for the #1 pick, and something else, so they could take Josh Allen. In 2017, they were supposedly preparing to trade up for Mahomes if he fell into the mid teens. There is a reason Russ wanted a no trade clause.

If this is a front office that believes they need Russ, they certainly have not acted like it. Their actions speak to a forced marriage. In other words, they want to move on, they just haven't found a deal that works for them. And Russ is too valuable to move on from without getting something worthwhile in return.

Ultimately, I don't think they will move on from Russ this season. However, if anyone is capable of pulling out a jaw dropping trade it's JS. Whether that's a good thing for us as fans? Who knows. But you'd have to think that Pete and John would consider trading Russ to the Jet's for Quinnen Williams, the #2 pick, our first, and a host of other picks, and have one last run at building a team in their image before Pete retires.

Elemas

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1183uipb said:
You are kidding right?

You don't trade away Wilson. That is insane.

You replace Carroll.

There is no upside to keeping Carroll and trading Wilson.

There is an upside to getting rid of Carroll and keeping Wilson. Not a great % of success but the alternative has a near zero chance of success.

This isn't hard math. You give Wilson what he wants. If Wilson wants what the coach does not, then the coach has to go.

Because our coach is almost 90 anyway and it isn't like he has many years left to build any kind of winning team without a QB.

While a great QB can get another coach and keep winning.

Not hard math. AT ALL.

EDIT:
Okay maybe if you can trade for Watson. But that isn't even close to likely.

I’d take Watson as well. I think I’d want a pick or two as well.

I agree with you. Keep Wilson...get rid of Pete. But, doesn’t it seem that the writing on the wall says that if the Hawks are forced to chose between PC and Russ, Pete’s staying?

It’s frustrating. Infuriating to be honest. But, they have looked at shopping him before. Hell, I’m sure every team considers all potential trade scenarios. Even if they’re downright ludicrous.

We’re seeing statements being made that haven’t been made before. We’re hearing about teams inquiring about a RW trade. Unprecedented....smoke...fire....I’m worried.

Man...I’m on the edge of my seat here as I’m sure you all are as well. This could just be a lot of chatter but, it’s 100% drama for sure.

I’d shed some tears...literally shed tears.

John63

Reaction score
RCATES":1iie1vsw said:
Elemas":1iie1vsw said:

If it meant we were building up for another run I'd take it. Right now its the same thing every year. No real progress is being made. Just rinse and repeat getting $h!t on in the second round with another Wilson dud performance in the playoffs.

LOl yeah it's all Wilsons Fault we can't get beyond the 1st round and FYI his last 3 playoffs games included 2 game with a Qb rating over 100 so much for dud performances every year. he has been over 95Qb rating 5 of his 8 years. Let me remind you 85 is avg. He has only been below 85 2 times. Brady has been below 85 8 times to include a putrid 49. Rodgers below 85 2 times as well.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
knownone":31xdvbaq said:
I think people are misunderstanding the situation, Marshall included. Wilson is not trying to move on from Seattle. Seattle is and has been trying to move on from Wilson, and what we're seeing is damage control and a leverage play from both sides. Think about it, in 2018, Pete and John were close to trading Russ to Cleveland for the #1 pick, and something else, so they could take Josh Allen. In 2017, they were supposedly preparing to trade up for Mahomes if he fell into the mid teens. There is a reason Russ wanted a no trade clause.

If this is a front office that believes they need Russ, they certainly have not acted like it. Their actions speak to a forced marriage. In other words, they want to move on, they just haven't found a deal that works for them. And Russ is too valuable to move on from without getting something worthwhile in return.

Ultimately, I don't think they will move on from Russ this season. However, if anyone is capable of pulling out a jaw dropping trade it's JS. Whether that's a good thing for us as fans? Who knows. But you'd have to think that Pete and John would consider trading Russ to the Jet's for Quinnen Williams, the #2 pick, our first, and a host of other picks, and have one last run at building a team in their image before Pete retires.

I don't buy the Browns story for a second. Chris Simms is a clown, and the rumor was corroborated by exactly no one.

With Mahomes, though... Schneider comes from Green Bay. He's a Thompson disciple. They evaluated Mahomes as the best player in the class, and from a value standpoint, they'd HAVE to have considered him at the spot. Even still, such an incendiary rumor getting out of the building leads me to believe that they were just deliberately trying to secure an attractive trade-down package for 26 had Mahomes fallen.

EDIT: Doubling back to the Browns story... does anyone believe the Browns would seriously turn down Russell Wilson for a draft pick? The compensation is staggeringly off.

ducks41468

Reaction score
Elemas":346vp8f2 said:

That would be the upside case. That being said, I'd be surprised if he forced himself out right after we hired what appears to be an actual competent OC