Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brandon Marshall " Wilson Trying to Move On In A classy way"

The Original Seattle Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute for Seahawks Talk, News, Rumors, Trades, and Analytics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
  • There are three parties that need to be satisfied for any trade to occur; the Seahawks, the opposing team, and Russ himself. It's difficult to see how a trade could work for all three parties unless Russ really wanted to go to a bad team for some reason.

knownone wrote:But you'd have to think that Pete and John would consider trading Russ to the Jet's for Quinnen Williams, the #2 pick, our first, and a host of other picks, and have one last run at building a team in their image before Pete retires.

Why would Russ approve that trade?

John63 wrote:As a reminder Wilson redid his contarct for Brown and said he was willing to again if need be.

FYI that kind of restructure is simply taking money already owed to the player and giving it to them immediately as an upfront bonus. Zero players have ever turned that down in the history of the NFL. The downside is from the team's perspective we are borrowing against salary cap space in future years and that's one of the ways front offices get into major salary cap trouble.
    AgentDib
    NET Veteran

• I used to think that Russ had to be ignoring Pete's instruction just to do his own thing on the field. However, after hearing all this, it is clear that Pete has completely ruined Russ and this team by being a stubborn dumbass. I am glad Russ is calling out his stupidity. If they trade Russ because of this, then I hope Russ sticks it to him in an offense that will allow him to thrive. It makes sense now that every high profile athlete that we traded for has been ruined once they come to seattle.
    strohmin
    NET Veteran

• Elemas wrote:I’d hate to lose Russ but, it would be entertaining to see the haters attitudes and comments once we started going 5-11, 6-10, etc.

Yeah because banging your head into the one and done playoffs wall is so great.
    Optimus25
    NET Veteran

• John63 wrote:
    Maelstrom787 wrote:
    Cyrus12 wrote:[tweet][/tweet]
    Maelstrom787 wrote:Marshall is also extremely off-base with his information about the offensive line. More of the tired, inaccurate "they don't invest in it" garbage. They traded for Brown, they drafted Pocic in round 2, Ifedi round 1, Britt round 2, Lewis round 3, and regularly sink mid-round picks into it too. They don't ignore it in the draft like he implies.

they just cannot draft any good o linemen. Besides Brown who on that list is any good?

1. The point I'm making is that saying the Seahawks don't invest in the position is wrong. They're not neglecting or ignoring it, which many people think is the case. It's a flawed argument.

2. The Brown trade was amazing for a legitimately elite left tackle.

3. Lewis is REALLY good, Pocic has been a net negative but is pretty average at center, Britt followed the same path as Pocic, Ifedi was not good but not bad by the end of his time here and played well for Chicago. I think they do draft talented guys, for the most part. They've just struggled at putting them at their best spots. With them moving Pocic to his natural spot and keeping Lewis at his natural spot, I'm encouraged that they've realized the error of their ways.

4. They also signed Shell, who played at an above average level. Simmons and Jones are good backups.

The offensive line did its job. They won pass blocks at a really impressive rate last year, and almost all of the ugly moments came after the ball was held for 3 seconds or backups were getting beat. The 2020 scheme asked a LOT of them. Their plates were overflowing.

With that being said... I'd like to see them acquire a real stud. Linsley, Thuney, or Scherff. If only to keep Russell happy. If the OL looks better this year, I'm almost certain it'll be due to Waldron's scheme making their job a lot easier.

As a reminder Wilson redid his contarct for Brown and said he was willing to again if need be.

As a reminder Russell Wilsons people leaked that he's not happy with the OL.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

• How in the world did this turn political?
    I'm out :mrgreen:
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

• Wilson will not retire a Seahawk . Brady was supposed to retire a Patriot . Didn't happen did it ? Many fans in here want Carroll to stay HC forever and Wilson to play there until he's 45 . Fans are childlike in so many ways . :D
    xray
    NET Veteran

• John63 wrote:
    Maelstrom787 wrote:
    Cyrus12 wrote:[tweet][/tweet]
    Maelstrom787 wrote:Marshall is also extremely off-base with his information about the offensive line. More of the tired, inaccurate "they don't invest in it" garbage. They traded for Brown, they drafted Pocic in round 2, Ifedi round 1, Britt round 2, Lewis round 3, and regularly sink mid-round picks into it too. They don't ignore it in the draft like he implies.

they just cannot draft any good o linemen. Besides Brown who on that list is any good?

1. The point I'm making is that saying the Seahawks don't invest in the position is wrong. They're not neglecting or ignoring it, which many people think is the case. It's a flawed argument.

2. The Brown trade was amazing for a legitimately elite left tackle.

3. Lewis is REALLY good, Pocic has been a net negative but is pretty average at center, Britt followed the same path as Pocic, Ifedi was not good but not bad by the end of his time here and played well for Chicago. I think they do draft talented guys, for the most part. They've just struggled at putting them at their best spots. With them moving Pocic to his natural spot and keeping Lewis at his natural spot, I'm encouraged that they've realized the error of their ways.

4. They also signed Shell, who played at an above average level. Simmons and Jones are good backups.

The offensive line did its job. They won pass blocks at a really impressive rate last year, and almost all of the ugly moments came after the ball was held for 3 seconds or backups were getting beat. The 2020 scheme asked a LOT of them. Their plates were overflowing.

With that being said... I'd like to see them acquire a real stud. Linsley, Thuney, or Scherff. If only to keep Russell happy. If the OL looks better this year, I'm almost certain it'll be due to Waldron's scheme making their job a lot easier.

As a reminder Wilson redid his contarct for Brown and said he was willing to again if need be.

He re-structured it. Meaning he got FUTURE money TODAY, spread out as a signing bonus to the Seahawks cap hit. It's not a negative for the player at all, in fact it's a positive. Now if he gets cut he still gets the money regardless (and it still hits the cap now, before it would have been saved) and if he's traded, it still hits the Seahawks rather than his new team. Restructures are NOT a "nice thing" a player does for the team.

If I said to you, do you want your next three year's salary upfront today, with no stipulations that enable me to claw it back tomorrow, who WOULDN'T jump at that chance? Your employer fires you later? Oh well, you're still taking home that three years' pay.
    QuickLightning
    NET Starter

• Maelstrom787 wrote:
    FresnoHawk68 wrote:
    Maelstrom787 wrote:
    FresnoHawk68 wrote:
    No his wife hangs out with pedos!

Good to know that you won't be able to post objectively about football because of how you feel about the pop artist wife of a player.

It’s not just his wife, it’s the Hollywood crowd! Spent many years there it’s terrible! The people are sick pups! For sure those peeps bring drama into Russ’s life, they will scam him out of his $$, and they will definitely break his heart. I know many athletes whose career went down shortly after hanging with that crowd. Specifically Sierra & Russ Management CAA they’re bad bad news! I turned white as a ghost when I found out Russ was connected to CAA.

Your hatred for Conservatives is obvious assuming the worst in people you disagree with is the theme with about a half dozen on this site. Your so weak you can’t handle what you dish out & it gives you pleasure to pick on those who for whatever reason don’t fight back. Your assumption that those that won’t fight back are weak is misguided and your assumption your getting somewhere with me because I throw it right back in your face is also misguided. Almost everything I’ve stated on the site has a purpose & timing is everything. Keep it up your only making matters worse for yourself.

This isn't the time nor the place. I don't care if you "fight back" or not. It's an internet message board, and this isn't the topic of the thread.

Of course it’s on topic, I stated why I was skeptical of Russ and it looks like Pete & John are skeptical too maybe for the same reasons probably not. He slammed my statement and attack other comments I’ve made in the Politics section. I provided further details. CAA is bad bad news and when they’re raided first thought is going to be Oh God hope Russ is ok.
    FresnoHawk68
    NET Veteran

• FresnoHawk68 wrote:
    Maelstrom787 wrote:
    FresnoHawk68 wrote:
    Maelstrom787 wrote:
    Good to know that you won't be able to post objectively about football because of how you feel about the pop artist wife of a player.

It’s not just his wife, it’s the Hollywood crowd! Spent many years there it’s terrible! The people are sick pups! For sure those peeps bring drama into Russ’s life, they will scam him out of his $$, and they will definitely break his heart. I know many athletes whose career went down shortly after hanging with that crowd. Specifically Sierra & Russ Management CAA they’re bad bad news! I turned white as a ghost when I found out Russ was connected to CAA.

Your hatred for Conservatives is obvious assuming the worst in people you disagree with is the theme with about a half dozen on this site. Your so weak you can’t handle what you dish out & it gives you pleasure to pick on those who for whatever reason don’t fight back. Your assumption that those that won’t fight back are weak is misguided and your assumption your getting somewhere with me because I throw it right back in your face is also misguided. Almost everything I’ve stated on the site has a purpose & timing is everything. Keep it up your only making matters worse for yourself.

This isn't the time nor the place. I don't care if you "fight back" or not. It's an internet message board, and this isn't the topic of the thread.

Of course it’s on topic, I stated why I was skeptical of Russ and it looks like Pete & John are skeptical too maybe for the same reasons probably not. He slammed my statement and attack other comments I’ve made in the Politics section. I provided further details. CAA is bad bad news and when they’re raided first thought is going to be Oh God hope Russ is ok.

The interactions in the politics forum should stay in the politics forum. Post them there, perhaps?
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

• chris98251 wrote:
    TwistedHusky wrote:It was not a difference of opinion.

The actual quote (allegedly) from Carroll to the media in why they released the OC was a 'difference in philosophy'

That might sound the same, but it isn't.

Opinion or philosophy, either way it was how to use the passing game I would bet on it. Deep safe passes or sideline going out of bounds versus in stride routes and over the middle as part of the tree.

We have always said the passing tree we use is simplistic and predictable with Pete here, blamed it on Bevell and Schotty mostly. But the one thing that has been constant is Pete.

There are two things: Pete and Russ

We may never know the which caused more limitations.
    nwHawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Previous

It is currently Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:09 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information