Votes: 12 16.0%
  • Keep them both

Votes: 22 29.3%
  • Get rid of them both

Votes: 9 12.0%

• Total voters

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
I answered "keep them both" because at the mo there isn't an alternative.

FO doesn't want to move off Russ and won't as long as we make the playoffs.

TraderGary

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":17j9bhpb said:
I don’t think they fit well together.
Understatement of the year! lol

I voted "fire Pete", but after just signing a brand spanking new 5-year extension, I would put the odds of that happening at about 1%.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Both are HOF.

I think Pete is could get us another Lombardi within 5 years. i think if he leaves as Russ stays we would still be a ome and done team if we even make it to the playoffs.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
Both. Just hit the reset button and be done with it. I'm tired of all of it. At this point I wish there was a one time per franchise option to completely wipe your entire roster and refill it through the draft and free agency.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Neither.

Franchise quarterback. Winning coach.

Let's see how Waldron works out.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Get rid of them both.

Start from scratch. Only way this team will get back to and win the Superbowl. Rebuild now

A_Biased_Fan

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":2c1hjgbj said:
Neither.

Franchise quarterback. Winning coach.

Let's see how Waldron works out.

Bingo. Some people on here are sleeping on how hard it is to get a QB and Coach of this caliber at the same time. You hit that reset button, you might be rebuilding for 10 years (or more, look at the Browns before last year).

There clearly is talent here as we were the hottest offense in football the first half of the season last year, and the 2nd half of the season we had a borderline good D. A change in offensive philosophy and maybe a hidden gem or two in the draft and FA and we could be contenders.

knownone

Reaction score
The obvious answer is keeping both. However, if I had to choose, I’d keep Pete. Not because I think it’s a smart move, but because it would be interesting to follow. I’m still a Pete and JS believer, and I’d like to see what they could build from scratch.

xray

Reaction score
Both . Let the Hawks purge and really rebuild . There is nothing like that ' new car smell ' is there ? :D

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
knownone":5hb3lyoa said:
The obvious answer is keeping both. However, if I had to choose, I’d keep Pete. Not because I think it’s a smart move, but because it would be interesting to follow. I’m still a Pete and JS believer, and I’d like to see what they could build from scratch.

Ummmm, didn’t we see that starting in 2010???

jammerhawk

Reaction score
TraderGary":1ylm612q said:
JayhawkMike":1ylm612q said:
Understatement of the year! lol

I voted "fire Pete", but after just signing a brand spanking new 5-year extension, I would put the odds of that happening at about 1%.

I voted keep both.

TraderGary":1ylm612q said:
JayhawkMike":1ylm612q said:
According to you. How so? Since both arrived they have a winning record together and have gone to the SB twice.

On the % chances of either being gone of 1% is 100% too much. Pete has made the franchise a perennial winning franchise and an annual playoff team. He holds the confidence of the team's ownership and management group and was just re-upped. RW is a generational level talent who has a very strong arm and perhaps is attempting to transition to playing more in the pocket which the FO has been unable to provide him. He saw significant upside in the Russ Cookin' phase of last season and wants more, but needs some balance from the D and better protection and more variation in his scheme. Why would you want to get rid of either?

Change is about to be upon us the OLine needs to be strengthened significantly to accomplish this change and the running game less predictable and more effective to allow the change to happen.

A tremendous amount of the dissatisfaction here stems form the disappointing 2nd half of the season offensively. The D however underwent a significant improvement. At mid year Tampa certainly did not look as dominant as they were at the end. Change happens with teams as they play together better in RW's case he was not given much of a chance as the former OC became very predictable. That caused Pete to want to replace him and many here have misinterpreted his remarks of wanting to run more as being pure ground and pound instead of being better at holding the ball longer. Scotty had zro answer for the 2 high S looks the team faced and it was clear neither did KC in the SB.

nwHawk

Reaction score
I think it’s starting to become fair to ask “why do the failed offensive coordinators end up being so predictable”?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yep. Pete can't help but butt in so he can have things "his way"
Old school isn't working when it matters. Stubborn doesn't win titles, let alone playoff games. 3 in 6 years, one of which was a Walsh gift. That's a pattern imo.

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
knownone":155pwohh said:

I’m not sure about keeping Russ, your previous post makes to much sense and I’m leaning towards Pete & John pushing Russ out, I’m not saying it’s the noble thing to do but timing is everything. This issue should have come up like this weeks ago.

Pete had great offenses at USC and he’s recruited & groomed more Heisman QB’s than anyone I can think of, which was the goal at USC. NFL he has different goals leading to Super Bowls. If Pete trades Russ there’s got to be a QB he wants in the 2021 or 2022 draft.

I was too hard on Russ slamming him for throwing the OL under the bus, Russ marketing himself helps everyone.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":7n2wvtzf said:
Old school isn't working when it matters. Stubborn doesn't win titles, let alone playoff games. 3 in 6 years, one of which was a Walsh gift. That's a pattern imo.

That's a fair question. The answer is found in poor pass protection as the OLine has not done a good job. It could be argued it's all Pete's fault but that would be simplistic when there is lots of blame to be shared around.

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1t1hz8b5 said:

The coaches in the Super Bowl looked pretty old to me!