Pulse of .Net are Russell Trade scenarios realistic?

Do you think Russ is really on the way out?

• No way, not for anything, never

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • Not likely it will take three + 1sts at a minimum

Votes: 35 53.0%
  • Might happen, picks plus cap relief, might be time to start over

Votes: 10 15.2%
  • Probably, it makes sense and when there is smoke there is fire

Votes: 6 9.1%

• Total voters

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Wenhawk":20bef7td said:
Could it be the end?

Theoretically, every player has a price.

In practice, this player being traded is about as unlikely as trades get.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
you never know I guess. It wouldn't bother me unless we got fleeced in the trade. Anything to shake something loose.

I will say that after the "LTC" movement, going to the media about getting more stars, and this media push from his camp, he's used up all of past earned good will. If he has another up and down season next year, he's gonna wear it and rightfully so.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Honestly, I believe Wilson will play out his remaining contract with Seattle and move on as an unrestricted free agent.

Understand this—Wilson learned a lot from Brady moving on from New England.

If Seattle is unrelenting in building a team (coaching/play calls included) to Wilson’s standard, why should he stay?

Brady with New England said enough is enough.

New England didn’t believe in Brady anymore and didn’t build a team to his liking so Brady took his 6 rings and packed his bags.

Why shouldn’t Wilson feel the same way?

Brady left with 6 rings with New England.

For all we know, Wilson, would only leave with one ring in Seattle.

That’s easy to move on from.

Brady did it after 6 rings!

Wilson will leave before Carroll calls it quits is my guess.

A_Biased_Fan

Reaction score
Not happening. Seattle brass isn't going to want to pull the plug before at least giving a new offensive scheme a chance. And Russell isn't going to want to go to a team that has to mortgage it's future due to the trade haul it's going to take to get him.

massari

Reaction score
Unless it's for Deshaun Watson, or one of the three or four 1st round picks is Trevor Lawrence, no way they should consider trading him.

Just give Wilson what he wants. Easy.

knownone

Reaction score
It’s possible, but i can’t imagine any team meets their price or Russ waiving his no-trade clause to play with a crap team. One potential curve ball is this draft. Zach Wilson and Trey Lance look like guys JS typically covets. If they fall in love, maybe they would lower their demands.

I still think the Jets would be the team if a trade were to happen. Quinnen Williams is arguably the second best DT in the league, the second overall pick gives you maneuverability to target a QB that you like, throw in another 1st and 2nd. Draft a QB, draft Micah Parsons. Russ gets to play in NY, Seattle instantly has a top 5 defense with cap room over the next 3 seasons to build around a young QB.

It won’t happen, but it would certainly pique my interests.

xray

Reaction score
Could easily happen. Why not ? The last thing any team needs is an unhappy QB . The Hawks would have no trouble finding trade partners and Wilson would waive his ' no trade clause ' without batting an eye . IMO As a fan I wouldn't mind a major shake up with the Hawks . Why not ?

Cyrus12

Reaction score
He either plays out his current deal or gets traded with one year left in his contract. Since I'm a seahawks fan first..I'd go with options. Trade him in the last year of his deal. Better than just letting him walk for nothing. I really don't think he signs here again. After watching Brady win one on another team Russ probably knows that will be his only chance at another trophy.

hoxrox

Reaction score
At the end of the day, the team > any one player - even the great Russell Wilson.

PC and JS have to decide with their shiny new extensions, what gives the team the best chance to a win another SB. Maybe not next year, but within this 2-5 year window.

Right now, Russ has a very high market value and is in demand from multiple teams. So if another team is willing to trade the farm for Russ, now or next offseason might be the best time to do it. Get as much in return as possible, and then blow up the entire roster and start over. One step backward to make two steps forward. They’ve done it before.

OR you upgrade the trenches and keep Russ happy. Problem is the FO rolled the dice on JA trade and lost all that draft capital? So not sure how they will be able to get the quality pieces necessary. Proven free agents might be the only option.

OP
OP
QuahHawk

QuahHawk

Reaction score
chris98251":2hedlfjf said:
Trade to Raiders for Mariota and Picks and maybe a player.

Carr > Mariotta

I think two 1st and a really good starter may get it done, maybe a few 2nd or 3rds too.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
There is no realistic trade scenarios because PC knows the only reason he still has a job is because of RW winning games after PC pisses away the first 3 quarters of prevent O and D. If Russ goes and PC doesn’t start trying to play offense I the first half of games we will be going 4-12.

Flipping it around I think if we get a new head coach and keep RW we will win more than I game in some future playoffs. I’m not convinced that will happen now.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
massari":3qbwl8ek said:
Unless it's for Deshaun Watson, or one of the three or four 1st round picks is Trevor Lawrence, no way they should consider trading him.

Just give Wilson what he wants. Easy.

^^^ This.

If you give up a HOF QB, you have to get a potential one -- and first-round picks too -- in return. Unlikely, but hey. Weirder things have happened.

TreeRon

Reaction score
If RW is traded (as implied), the Seahawks will fall into the mediocrity that existed prior to RW.

pinksheets

Reaction score
TreeRon":3hfya5il said:
If RW is traded (as implied), the Seahawks will fall into the mediocrity that existed prior to RW.
Yep. If Russ goes, Pete gets to spend his last few years praying for the 7 seed at best.

If Russ and Pete can't coexist, you fire Pete yesterday.

Too bad we have absent ownership currently. Jody is going to sit and watch our future implode.

nanomoz

Reaction score
He technically has three seasons left on his contract, but if 2021's results don't surpass the last five years or so, I suspect he'll push hard to be moved. It is hard to blame him, knowing some of his publicly state goals.

The Hawks have won one playoff game in four years (against a 40-year-old Josh McCown). And a lot of the same frustrations seem to persist (can't keep a healthy backfield since Marshawn, protection issues, offensive futility for long stretches of games).

nwHawk

Reaction score
nanomoz":34kzkpu3 said:
The Hawks have won one playoff game in four years (against a 40-year-old Josh McCown). And a lot of the same frustrations seem to persist

And yet so many fans think Russ walks on water. It takes an all around time to win a championship most seasons. It hard. The salary cap, injuries, etc are designed to create parity. Keep him or trade him, I really don't care. It's team first in my mind, and the ultimate goal is a Championship.

It would not surprise me if something happens this offseason. However the cap hit alone makes it virtually improbable. Russ alone will not win a Championship and I bet the Seahawks brass has had those discussions.

If you are looking for the right time to shift to a new QB, well, 2 stud WRs, Stud Left tackle and a coveted new offensive coordinator and run game coach might provide a soft landing for a new QB. Just saying.

Fade

Reaction score
No, Wilson will not be traded. If it ever happens it will be next year.